Jump to content
Jetster

Adam Shein on Todd Bowles

Recommended Posts

Just now, peebag said:

How Schein is still employed is one of mankind's greatest mysteries.

He’s a rich boy with connections 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you see Miami's strength of Schedule in Gase's 3 years? I think someone posted it before..

30th, 3rd and 30th....The year he played 3rd was his worst.

You guys can keep looking for excuses...

Honestly and I mean this sincerely, do you truly believe this is the guy, based on what we know about him, that is going to turn this team into a legitimate SuperBowl contender?

There are just sooooo many red-flags that's it's simply hard to imagine.  Honestly, go read my other posts, off of this topic...I'm usually very level headed and not a "hater" - all too often the opposite.

But when I see something this asinine I can't help but be very vocal of how ridiculous hiring this guy was...

Why should I listen to you instead of Manning, Jefferies, NFL people that actually worked with him? You and I have zero clue on how he will be now that he has a QB. Bellicheat sucked without a QB, think about that for a second.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2014 the Cardinals defense was 24th in YPG and 5th in points against under Todd Bowles. That's pretty good. In 2015 when he was the head coach of the NYJ the Cardinals defense was 5th in YPG and 7th in points against under James Betcher.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Why should I listen to you instead of Manning, Jefferies, NFL people that actually worked with him? You and I have zero clue on how he will be now that he has a QB. Bellicheat sucked without a QB, think about that for a second.

because he's a fan (like you and me) and Manning, Jeffries and "NFL People" don't actually care if the Jets win or lose 

we are the ones who care. everyone else gets paid

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't buy this "nobody knows anything" line of thinking. Jets fans knew Warren Sapp should be be the pick. We didn't need to see Kyle Brady entire career pan out before making an offer accurate prediction

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Buy? Too cheap Woodrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Larz said:

You guys really couldn't tell the difference between the Arizona defense and the kacy rodgers defense?

I told you guys he would get hired as a DC

 

Case study earlier this year when Kacy got sick. Our defense was considerably better with Bowles calling the plays on D. As soon as he handed that back to Kacy we lost six or seven in a row. 

Todd's inability to staff properly was his biggest downfall.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

True but Gase handed him his ass 5 out of 6 matchups 

In Bowles defense he could not play himself 2x a yr or the Jets record would have been better :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I'd like to see him just put up a good Defense, forget any awards, next year in Tampa.

I'd be surprised if he does.  The AZ D he coached consisted of virtually ALL All-Pros.

You saw, 4 years running, a Jet D incredibly poor in even the most basic fundamentals even though a heavy amount of assets were invested almost exclusively on Bowles D.  It wasn't just 1 year and 3 good ones.  They all were bad.  So here is a simple question, how can the media consistently laud this guy as "brilliant", "great coordinator"?

I personally dont give 2 sh*ts about what Todd Bowles does in Tampa.  He was a better coordinator than Head Coach, happens all the time.  Most teams with talent are better than teams without. 

I mean, who is Adam Shein and why should anyone care what he thinks is "brilliant"?  These types of words get thrown around undeservingly all the time by unqualified bozo's..who cares?  He's not our problem anymore.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tampa’s D is gonna stink like doo doo with Bowles

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

And [Schottenheimer] just helped Russell Wilson have the best season of his career.  

Oh Puh-leeeze.  Wilson had been a top NFL QB for seven years before Schottenheimer ever got his hands on him.  And you're saying Wilson's quality is any of Schotty's doing?  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Stage name?

He spelled Humanzee wrong and yes it's one way to describe him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

 

I mean, who is Adam Shein and why should anyone care what he thinks is "brilliant"?  These types of words get thrown around undeservingly all the time by unqualified bozo's..who cares?  He's not our problem anymore.

 

I think you are brilliant, bozo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I dont care what gender Beth Mowins identifies as, she is terrible. But so are Jason Whitten, Joe Tessitore and a bunch of others.

 

But Mowins is awful.

Tessitore is worse! Even worse than Nantz which I didn't think was possible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you see Miami's strength of Schedule in Gase's 3 years? I think someone posted it before..

30th, 3rd and 30th....The year he played 3rd was his worst.

You guys can keep looking for excuses...

Honestly and I mean this sincerely, do you truly believe this is the guy, based on what we know about him, that is going to turn this team into a legitimate SuperBowl contender?

There are just sooooo many red-flags that's it's simply hard to imagine.  Honestly, go read my other posts, off of this topic...I'm usually very level headed and not a "hater" - all too often the opposite.

But when I see something this asinine I can't help but be very vocal of how ridiculous hiring this guy was...

Good points you make with legitimate questions.

All I can say is just hope for the best.  I preferred hiring McCarthy.

What we do know is at worst he won’t be as bad as Bowles, at best I think the sky is the limit but that’s totally tied into Darnold.

One thing I know for sure is that I know the media is going to try to push his buttons and hope for a blow up.  At least there should be accountability in lots of places where there was none.  The media really never held Bowles feet to the fire, most glaringly as to why he played a C who could not snap a ball cleanly to the rookie Franchise QB, FOR 9 GAMES haha, and how that risked injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CTM said:

I think you are brilliant, bozo

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Oh Puh-leeeze.  Wilson had been a top NFL QB for seven years before Schottenheimer ever got his hands on him.  And you're saying Wilson's quality is any of Schotty's doing?  🤣

They are facts, Wilson just had the best season of his career.  If Brian was as incompetent as whiny jet fans say then that doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Schein knows nothing

 

we say that about a lot of people but Schein really, genuinely knows absolutely nothing hes an awful broadcaster who has failed everywhere who keeps getting gigs like Sid Rosenberg he’s a rich boy in the good ol boys club

but he has such a mellifluous voice.....

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jetster said:

So, I'm in the car listening to Mad Dog sports radio on Sirius.

This guy Shein in that irritating exaggerated stretch voice starts talking about the Arians hire in Tampa Bay. So I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about Todd Bowles. So he says, "And what about the Todd Bowles hire, Todd Bowles is a brilliant defensive coordinator!"

I literally nearly drove off the road! I mean it struck me as being so funny, I was saying out loud in the car, BRILLIANT? BRILLIANT? Now I know there are many things I've called Todd Bowles over the last 4 years but brilliant was never a word that came to my mind.

What the hell is it with Todd Bowles & his teflon reputation? Seriously? This guy fired 3 OCs and kept his inept buddy Rogers here for 4 years & I think even right now a WR blew through the secondary untouched & no one within 15 yards of him! 

Is there some type of conspiracy protecting bad African American NFL Head Coaches I'm not aware of? Do they have to go 2-30 like Hue Jackson did before you can mock them? Gase with a 23-25 record is being mocked, dragged through the mud, Memed to death and the 24-40 Todd Bowles is referred to as BRILLIANT! 

Sorry, but this really pisses me off because I had to waste 4 years watching this moron systematically make this team worse & worse every year! I was at that Titans game where his BRILLIANT DEFENSIVE game plan gave up another 7 points with an 83 yard drive in a 2 minute drill. I reassured Titans fans sitting next to me that they had nothing to worry about, there was no way Todd Bowles defense to stop the juggernaut that is Marcus Mariotta & the Titans offense! They thought I was nostrodomus and thanked me for my wisdom and for reassuring them that the game was clearly not over. At 16-0 a couple left? I was thinking, you obviously haven't witnessed the brilliancy of Todd Bowles & Kacey Rogers giving up lead after lead. This is my final critique of anything Todd Bowles, I'm just thankful he's finally gone, but wow, it's amazing how history gets rewritten by these media A holes.

who gave you a license.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NoBowles said:

 

snowflake-3317-423a9ae38f3342e0c130c5473fee6d3c@1x.jpg

lol, you try WAY too hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, you try WAY too hard

WAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

WAY

It’s family pizza night here ape central. You gonna be alright if I don’t spend my Friday stringing you along while you desperately try to demonstrate to the board that you’re not thin-skinned by revisiting an insult from two weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s family pizza night here ape central. You gonna be alright if I don’t spend my Friday stringing you along while you desperately try to demonstrate to the board that you’re not thin-skinned by revisiting an insult from two weeks ago?

WAY WAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I am always amazed how Rex sucked, schottenheimer sucked, Sanchez sucked, tannenbaum sucked yet we won 4 playoff games and had 2 chances at super bowls.  

That's some kinda luck huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack48 said:

but he has such a mellifluous voice.....

vocabulary points.

 

CHING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GaryM said:

Are you telling me Bowles was a great defensive coach with the Jets? Wasn't one of the game Rogers missed against Jacksonville, when Bortles tore up the defense and looked like Joe Montana? Just wondering if we watched the same games?

He ran the defense against the Broncos and Colts.  

Two of the four games we won.  

When he was defensive coordinator in Arizona they were great.  There were a few teams interested in him as defensive coordinator.  Not a very good head coach.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jetster said:

What the hell is it with Todd Bowles & his teflon reputation? Seriously? This guy fired 3 OCs and kept his inept buddy Rogers here for 4 years & I think even right now a WR blew through the secondary untouched & no one within 15 yards of him! 

Is there some type of conspiracy protecting bad African American NFL Head Coaches I'm not aware of? Do they have to go 2-30 like Hue Jackson did before you can mock them? Gase with a 23-25 record is being mocked, dragged through the mud, Memed to death and the 24-40 Todd Bowles is referred to as BRILLIANT!

The NFL is a hype machine like every other sport so everyone is a genius and the second coming even when they aren't (white halfwits too). The NFL is also no different from any other industry in that it is often populated by people who make you wonder "how the f! did you get here?" (white people too). I think the media was easy on todd* at times because he was an emotionless stone that didn't make for a good story either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

He ran the defense against the Broncos and Colts.  

Two of the four games we won.  

When he was defensive coordinator in Arizona they were great.  There were a few teams interested in him as defensive coordinator.  Not a very good head coach.  

People thought Bowles would run the defense like Gase runs the offense.  Kacy was supposed to be a helper like Gase’ hobbit.  Gase also was running the roster.  

I think Kacy’s defense was definitely cause of Jets losses over the past 3 years.  Gase has more personnel issues, and won more games.  If Bowles goes back to his good DC ways in TB that is good for him, but it is not an excuse for his pathetic Jets tenure. 

All these teams need lots of good coaches.  It’s the way to compete outside the salary cap.  Hopefully Gase can not only hire Williams but someone else good on offense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nico002 said:

Todd Bowles led a defense stacked with 10 first round picks. Gase has Brock Osweiler.

Context defined...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

They are facts, Wilson just had the best season of his career.  If Brian was as incompetent as whiny jet fans say then that doesn't happen.

Best season in what way?  Wilson won two Super Bowls, and this year was not one of them.

 

The best you can say about Schottenheimer is that several years after somehow surviving in the NFL, he has reached the point where if you  put him in charge of a QB who has already been excellent since he came into the league seven years ago, the guy won't collapse.

 

Whoopee.  :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Best season in what way?  Wilson won two Super Bowls, and this year was not one of them.

 

The best you can say about Schottenheimer is that several years after somehow surviving in the NFL, he has reached the point where if you  put him in charge of a QB who has already been excellent since he came into the league seven years ago, the guy won't collapse.

 

Whoopee.  :roll:

He won 1 super bowl, made 2.  He has been great almost since day 1 but he had Lynch and that great D.  This year he didn't have either and put the team on his back while putting up the best numbers of his career.

Schottenheimer made the playoffs with 3 different QBs, helped a rookie make an AFC championship game but he sucks along with everyone else on those teams.  The league was just nice to let them play in title games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Paradis said:

who gave you a license.

Thank you for your post.

Just reading this thread  

Some of the comments out here were really quite sad and embarrassing for me to read.

Really?

I will leave it there.  

Lets Go Jets.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, Jetster said:

So, I'm in the car listening to Mad Dog sports radio on Sirius.

This guy Shein in that irritating exaggerated stretch voice starts talking about the Arians hire in Tampa Bay. So I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about Todd Bowles. So he says, "And what about the Todd Bowles hire, Todd Bowles is a brilliant defensive coordinator!"

I literally nearly drove off the road! I mean it struck me as being so funny, I was saying out loud in the car, BRILLIANT? BRILLIANT? Now I know there are many things I've called Todd Bowles over the last 4 years but brilliant was never a word that came to my mind.

What the hell is it with Todd Bowles & his teflon reputation? Seriously? This guy fired 3 OCs and kept his inept buddy Rogers here for 4 years & I think even right now a WR blew through the secondary untouched & no one within 15 yards of him! 

Is there some type of conspiracy protecting bad African American NFL Head Coaches I'm not aware of? Do they have to go 2-30 like Hue Jackson did before you can mock them? Gase with a 23-25 record is being mocked, dragged through the mud, Memed to death and the 24-40 Todd Bowles is referred to as BRILLIANT! 

Sorry, but this really pisses me off because I had to waste 4 years watching this moron systematically make this team worse & worse every year! I was at that Titans game where his BRILLIANT DEFENSIVE game plan gave up another 7 points with an 83 yard drive in a 2 minute drill. I reassured Titans fans sitting next to me that they had nothing to worry about, there was no way Todd Bowles defense to stop the juggernaut that is Marcus Mariotta & the Titans offense! They thought I was nostrodomus and thanked me for my wisdom and for reassuring them that the game was clearly not over. At 16-0 a couple left? I was thinking, you obviously haven't witnessed the brilliancy of Todd Bowles & Kacey Rogers giving up lead after lead. This is my final critique of anything Todd Bowles, I'm just thankful he's finally gone, but wow, it's amazing how history gets rewritten by these media A holes.

Well in fairness, we know Bowles as a HC. If you go back and research before he got the gig with us, he was about as hot a coordinator as their was and his defense was pretty good. He even won the coordinator of the tear award from AP his last year. Then we hired him. So as s coordinator he was proven. It’s as HC that he shyte the bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 6:16 AM, Jetster said:

Todd Bowles STINKS. Arizona was an outlier & the defense was loaded! Brian Billick was a genius DC too with that tremendous Ravens D. Oh, that's right, Brian was an offensive coach but won because he had a great defense. 

Every once in a while a team is so talented anyone could coach them. You guys make it seem like rocket science, like Bowles had no clue our corners gave 10 yard cushions on 3rd & 8. Ridiculous!

Billick also had Marvin Lewis as DC and Rex Ryan as Dline coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arians seems to think Bowles is a talented DC.  And ill assume he know more football than anyone here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×