This is the year the Jets win the division

Maxman

Think about it, the Patriots are heading into a season that won't have a happy ending. Another distraction because of the owner. Another year older for Brady.  They are going to lose some more big pieces in free agency.

The Dolphins are rebuilding and are in tank mode with a rookie head coach.

The Bills have a QB who became known for running the football. Except he was drafted for his strong arm.

Gregg Williams will have this defense LOCKED down. A guy like Tru Johnson steps up and has a rebound season in this defense.

Gase will have this team playing hard, winning close games and the Jets will finally have an exciting offense.

Signing Bell shouldn't be the priority in free agency. Fix the OLine. Draft Bosa or Allen and this defense will get after people.

The Jets will win the division next season. You heard it here first.

We were supposed to start 4-1 last year.
I won't be asking you for lottery numbers any time soon.
I didn't say the Jets would start 4 and 1 last year. You are confusing that with year before and they started 3 and 2 that year.

The only game I felt really good about last year was the opener in Detroit. which is why I flew there to attend it in person.

I don't play the lottery if I did I certainly wouldn't share my winning numbers.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

In division with greatest team in history fresh off it’s 6th SB win and 19 of 20 division titles in last 20 years... “we are gonna win the division, book it!”

You guys would be legendary hip hop hype men.

Jets win division so the pats* can go to SB from a wild card and face the vagiants with new FQB, LOL (just needed to complete the story to remove any doubters)

Division would be great, I will take a winning season, even watchable competent football games, ihow about some defense in the fourth quarter, t's had been a while (Sam helped last year, looking forward to seeing year two, expect a Super Bowl declaration post in year 3)

imo it's way too early to predict anything, especially about the jets.  i think they have the at least the second best qb in the division but let's see what they bring in during free agency and then the draft.  there's talk they will be keeping beachem and shell at tackle.  maybe they're good enough and they can help either one by providing help via the te or rb.  and then there's the draft.  there's every reason to believe the player they select at 3 will have an immediate impact.  but here again mac will need to have a really good draft to really improve things.

as for the patsies, there time is coming and it's sooner than they want.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I didn't say the Jets would start 4 and 1 last year. You are confusing that with year before and they started 3 and 2 that year.

The only game I felt really good about last year was the opener in Detroit. which is why I flew there to attend it in person.

I don't play the lottery if I did I certainly wouldn't share my winning numbers.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

The Lottery is a tax for people that don't understand Economics. 

I too thought the Jets would win the Division but that was before The Cowboys Giants 4th and 15 last year.

Now we have to draft Pryor who will be the next Gholston rather than Bosa who is the next somebody really good. I don't understand all the particulars but these guys will tell you.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Proud of u jn 

C6E0DA46-A90B-4BBD-8E09-B354DDB63149.jpeg

It’s honest. Sure I’d love the Jets to do well but they’re are at least 2 years away from anything close to this. That’s also only if they stop sh*tting the bed on every aspect of the game starting RIGHT NOW. 

There is no sign of this happening though. The roster can’t magically fix itself. Hopefully crazy eyes can implement the system this year and shield Sam from the typical crap that hurts him. Prepare for more bed sh*tting. 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Think about it, the Patriots are heading into a season that won't have a happy ending. Another distraction because of the owner. Another year older for Brady.  They are going to lose some more big pieces in free agency.

The Dolphins are rebuilding and are in tank mode with a rookie head coach.

The Bills have a QB who became known for running the football. Except he was drafted for his strong arm.

Gregg Williams will have this defense LOCKED down. A guy like Tru Johnson steps up and has a rebound season in this defense.

Gase will have this team playing hard, winning close games and the Jets will finally have an exciting offense.

Signing Bell shouldn't be the priority in free agency. Fix the OLine. Draft Bosa or Allen and this defense will get after people.

The Jets will win the division next season. You heard it here first.

I like your thinking Max... I like your thinking!

Well I'm in the believe it when I see it crowd simply because of the past history of this franchise. I will say since Sam Darnold was drafted I do have a sense of optimism concerning this teams future. I just don't think this is the year for them to get over the hump. Maybe after FA and the draft that might change but until then I am cautiously optimistic.

At the end of the day it all comes down to when/how Brady stops being a top tier QB and whether or not any of the other teams have their act together enough to win the 11 or so games necessary to dethrone a Pats team with medicore QB play.

I think it's possible that happens in 2019 but more likely 2020. Oddly enough the Pats winning this past year (as opposed to falling just short again and having one more quest for #6) probably benefits us. Brady looked to have declined in 2018 but found a way to suck it up and lock himself in for the playoffs. Can he do it again?

As far as 2019 is concerned a Pats decline to 10-6 feels more likely to me than the Jets winning 11 games, but if Darnold makes a leap you never know. If "the plan" goes well I'd think our best shot would be 2020 when hopefully the roster will have more young talent and Darnold will be entering his prime.

I wouldn't count out the Bills though. Their defense was much better than ours last year and while I'm not an Allen believer he exceeded my expectations as a rookie and could also make a leap. Dolphins look like they're tanking and taking a rookie QB.

My faith in Mac to deliver solid FA signings plus a good draft are extremely low but my hopes for Darnold are extremely high so I guess I'll just continue to drink away the inner conflict and hope that Belichick and Brady are abducted by aliens.  :cheers:

Archived