*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

I think the tight end is simmilar to the one gase said he wanted. Idk about the others but like you I have no real clue as to what gase and Williams want in their players

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you?  You act as if you are a  spokesman/woman for the team all of a sudden. 

21 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Didn't say you were the problem,  just a Sad Sack.  Feel better now?  Talk to me in December.  Giving me a history lesson that dates back to 2010 doesn't do much for your case.  I don't like the playoff drought any more than you do.  Difference is, I don't sit around crying about it.

Geno Smith and Hackensuck were second round draft picks. How many first round draft picks have been burned league wide on quarterback busts in the last ten years?  How many by just the Broncos alone?  Do we have a quarterback now?  You bet we do.  But focus on that, ok?

Six early picks on DT's in 9 drafts?  You're criticizing the current regime here aren't you?  Maccagnan has picked two.  Shepard last year and Quinnen Williams this year.  Williams will be a star.  So at worst, that's one out of two.  Check around the league, ie. the 49ers for one, That's not horrendous. As for the other three, Wilkerson was a pro bowler as was Sheldon Richardson.  Hardly busts, more a problem with personality than playing potential.  Both are still in the league.  Kendrick Ellis was a bust.  Anyway, that's five, and what they have to do with the current regime, beyond Williams and Shepard is beyond me.

14 safeties?  I don't know where you got that one from.  Maccagnan has drafted two.  One is a pro bowler, his name escapes me Presmal something or other.  The other Marcus Maye is very talented, albeit hurt last year.  In my opinion he will turn out to be a very good player.  Time will tell.

The wide receivers drafted in the first round have been historically poor.  You can look it up.  How many went in the first round this year? I won't defend the picks of Stewart, Smith or Hansen.  Didn't like them then, don't like them now.

The worst draft record you mentioned twice.  You must like that one.  As for buying playmakers, I don't have a problem with that.  If you have them on your team, what difference does it make how they got there.

Now that history class is over how about the current roster.  Sam Darnold, Jamaal Adams, Marcus Maye, Quinnen Williams, Chris Herndon, Robbie Anderson, Jordan Jenkins, LeVeon Bell, CJ Moseley, Jamison Crowder, Henry Anderson, Kelechi Osmele, and others are all here because of the current regime. Why not focus on this class of players instead of wallowing in the past. That's what I chose to do.  There's nothing self-righteous about it.  The self righteous ones are those who butt fumble anyone who doesn't ascribe to their position.  That's not me.  That's you.

It must be nice to live in your own private Idaho.... Selectively choosing your narratives. By the way, you forgot Leonard. That's 3 DTs under his watch.. in teh early rounds.

that rant was addressing the last 10+ years of ineptitude. That's how trauma works. It compounds. Join me some day. I'm married with children. And i cheer for the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It must be nice to live in your own private Idaho.... where you pick and chose which narratives you'll be honoring with your recognition.

By the way, you forgot Leonard. That's 3 DTs under his watch.. in teh early rounds. Double that if you want to include late sh*t... 

If you didn't get the memo, that rant was addressing the last 10+ years of ineptitude. That's how trauma works. It compounds. Join me some day. I'm married with children. And i cheer for the Jets. 

I also am married with children.  And I've been rooting for the Jets for over 50 years.  I also am a Met, Knick, and Ranger fan, so don't tell me about trauma.    I didn't pick and choose anything.  You made the list. As for the rant, why was the magical 10year mark chosen.  Why not go back to the Super Bowl season.  After that you could make yourself good and miserable.

The point of the matter is this.  We are living in the here and now. That is where I choose to live, not some "private Idaho".  That's for the B 52's not me.   In the here and now, the future looks a hell of a lot better than when Toilet Bowles and Co. were here. Problem is that you and the "Chicken Little" brigade act like we have no right to feel that way.  We're not blind or "fanboys".  We're just not choosing to be miserable.  Life  is too short.  Real Fans don't choose their teams based on a winning percentage.  Obviously you know that.  In the meantime, get well soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

OT, was hoping Mr. Irrelevant would be a Trojan, for once.

Almost right, Caleb was on the USC team for a year when his dad was coaching for us, left for UCLA because we didn’t have a scholarship to give him, they offered him a scholarship.

Significant because Mr. Irrelevant was established by a Trojan alum and booster.

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

OT, was hoping Mr. Irrelevant would be a Trojan, for once.

Almost right, Caleb was on the USC team for a year when his dad was coaching for us, left for UCLA because we didn’t have a scholarship to give him, they offered him a scholarship.

Significant because Mr. Irrelevant was established by a Trojan alum and booster.

And Sanchez helped keep that alive with the Jets.?

6 hours ago, RobR said:

Meh he's not that good. I'm not upset at missing out on him.

Conversely we got an ILB with two surgeries in the recent past. 

He's also much better than you are trying to make him out to be. He's a quality Center and will be a starter in the league. 

• 4 months later...

@Jet_Engine1

You're a cruel SOB, LOL I was as wrong as wrong could be, when you put yourself out there like that, you're gonna get egg on your face sometimes, and I gotta go wash my face now.

In my defense, I owned up to this twice in the last 3 weeks or so. Good catch on your part, though ?

Give me some credit though, Daniel Jones is looking pretty good, and I went on a limb defending Gettleman for picking him, I said I loved the move, and that the kid would be a good player/pick when all was said and done. I took a lotta grief for that. Some guy here even called me a vagiant fan for doing so. I don't remember what his name is though, do you? ? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

How is that the stupidest? 4 round to the end is a crapshoot. Wtf is wrong with you

What? wtf are you talking about. You're easily my least favorite poster -- you exude no social traits of being someone people enjoy talking to. 

Peace. 

On 4/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, JiF said:

He was fantastic for the Gators.  Just don’t think he’s freakish enough to play edge in the NFL.  It’s like Maudlin all over again.  And it’s another pick used on D with some solid offensive prospects on the board. 

@T0mShane see, this is the difference between me and you.  I dont need the cred, like you do.  I rather root for my team and their players to succeed rather than root for them to fail for the sake of being right.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Scepticism and criticism =/= rooting for our team to fail.

Just say'in.  

We all root for the team to win and our players to do well.  Some of us can also discuss things rationally at the same time.

It's funny too see all of the downvotes and buttfumbles for anyone that is critical of a pick, yet all of the upvotes for everyone slurping every pick. Then we have to hear how people are rooting for players we just picked too fail. It's comical at times. 

God forbid someone doesn't like a draft pick we make with our history of having truly horrible drafts over the last five decades.  

• Upvote 3

This thread must be what hell feels like.

Maybe this is the pain....The Purge...we need to go through as a Board to cleanse ourselves of what was done by this team prior to Douglas being hired.

It's ugly, it hurts, I'm seeing poster on poster hate.....it sucks.  But get it out.  This is like the Thunderdome.  When we leave this thread...

We go forward. Together.

braveheart GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1