Creating a narrative where Woody comes back a conquering hero

A fool can't replace a fool.  If Chris Johnson is as bad we say he is.  The fans aren't going to recognized Woody above that.  I guess if the Gase goes winless and the Williams/Vitt rift opens up into public brawling outside the practice complex... that might be possible.

While I don't think he's the idiot the board portrays him as, I do believe he's happy to be knee deep in the blood pudding and HP Sauce.  I believe they just bought property over there as well, unless the deal went through.  He about money, not necessarily winning.  Maybe we get lucky and he dumps the Jets to buy ManU.

ochams razor these ambassador jobs are not lifelong gigs people do it for a few years then get bored

also even with Woody's money there are certain aspects of British life that can't compare to the USA. The weed for starters.  

seriously Woody cares more about who wins the election than the SB that's a direct quote from 2012. he was never going to stay in the UK for 8 years 

37 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Could it possibly be that Woody is pulling the strings behind the scenes to make Chris look like a fool so that we all welcome the Ambassador back with open arms?

Game Theory at its finest

Woody isn't smart enough to pull off some hairbrained scheme like this.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Could it possibly be that Woody is pulling the strings behind the scenes to make Chris look like a fool so that we all welcome the Ambassador back with open arms?

I don't get the CJ is a fool narrative that is being pushed by Mehta and others.  He has come across as far more competent than his brother.  If he hires Douglas, we may be in better shape than we have been for a long time.  Hopefully by the time Woody comes back even he can't screw it up.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't get the CJ is a fool narrative that is being pushed by Mehta and others.  He has come across as far more competent than his brother.  If he hires Douglas, we may be in better shape than we have been for a long time.  Hopefully by the time Woody comes back even he can't screw it up.

C J has never had a job in his life until his big brother handed him a $3,000,000,000 team to play with.  

Let's see 

Woody

Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, John Idzik, no franchise quaterback , over paying for Revis again, Almost costing the Jets draft picks for tampering and  on and on ....But does spend money. Means well I'm sure 

Christopher Johnson (plays the fool to the media )

but IMO has made solid moves so far  

Adams , Darnold , Mosley , Bell  Gase & Williams and maybe Joe Douglas , maybe Quinnen 

Lets wait and see how this plays out 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

People loved Chris Johnson last year, and it's a little early to say if any of the moves this team has made this year have been bad. Biggest complaint is that he fired Mac too late. If Gase and the future GM have any success, that'll be long forgotten. 

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Apparently, they own the same percentage of them:  33%.  who made Woody the owner?

4 hours ago, LinemanCT said:

Let's see 

Woody

Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, John Idzik, no franchise quaterback , over paying for Revis again, Almost costing the Jets draft picks for tampering and  on and on ....But does spend money. Means well I'm sure 

Christopher Johnson (plays the fool to the media )

but IMO has made solid moves so far  

Adams , Darnold , Mosley , Bell  Gase & Williams and maybe Joe Douglas , maybe Quinnen 

Lets wait and see how this plays out 

Do you think C J had anything to do with any of those things?

Guys never held a job in his life before Woody made him the temp CEO of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Chris Fired woody 2 biggest mistakes ever. Bowles and mac. I’d say Chris is making woody look like the moron already 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, flgreen said:

Guys never held a job in his life before Woody made him the temp CEO of the Jets.

Not saying he did ? but I find it funny that CJ found cornerstone pieces already... maybe luck maybe not maybe he’s more hands off 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, Bruce Harper said:

CJ has shown more ownership skills in 18 mos than Woody did in 16 years.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, flgreen said:

Absolutely. It took him a bit to get used to running the whole deal. The Bowles decision was easy. Signing off on the Darnold trade took guts, but again was a reasonably easy call. CJ was obviously on the fence on Macc, but more on the fire him side. I think he wanted to really observe Macc and the entire staff 'up close and personal" as he put it, so he spent the better time after Gase was hired in the building, observing the interaction, dynamics etc. After witnessing the sh*t show that was probably both FA and the draft, and Mac being unable to make decisive choices and to not seek input from all sources, he made the change. To me, that is the best thing to happen to this organization in 20+ years, the fact that the owner saw incompetence in the two highest spots and got rid of it.The way the GM search is going, and the people who are coming in to be interviewed, is such an improvement. So far, CJ seems to be doing pretty well. Woody could be the conquering hero if he lets his brother keep doing his thing.

I don’t know how much of the Manish article on Chris Johnson is true. Prob a very low percentage. It’s hard to believe Chris is as shady and as manipulative as MM writes about in that article. But there is a good chance that Woody is still calling the shots. I mean the U.K. isn’t so far away he probably has plenty of time on his hands and why shouldn’t he, it’s his team. All things considered and not for any football reasons I hope to see Woody back ASAP. 

On 5/31/2019 at 2:08 PM, flgreen said:

Have to give CJ credit because the other guy in the building was Macc.

So CJ drafted Darnold, Adams, Leo and Q. He also signed Bell and Mosley.