How long

WowOhWow

Can't stand Gase.  Want him gone ASAP.  All you patient, no one can win with these players guys save your breath.  In my view Gase stinks and needs to go.

He'll get a pass I'm sure.  Any chance he gets fired this year?  Or does this board think he gets at least this year?

I'd rather Gregg be the HC.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I think the Darnold illness gets him at least this year(unless the Jets go like 0-16, 1-15, then all bets are off).

He's on a really hot seat starting next year. Other than being Peyton Manning's waterboy, what's he ever accomplished in the NFL?

I'm not defending Gase, but a little devil's advocate.

The offense was mediocre to start the season.   It is now down to it's 3rd QB, the #1 tight end is on drug suspension, the #1 WR is out for the year (minimum), the O line if awful, and several starters appear to be semi injured.

What exactly are people expecting? 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

The offense was mediocre to start the season.   It is now down to it's 3rd QB, the #1 tight end is on drug suspension, the #1 WR is out for the year (minimum), the O line if awful, and several starters appear to be semi injured.

Sorry, but he's coaching like a loser.

• Upvote 3

It’s not about Darnold being gone, Siemian being gone, the OL, or any of that. It’s about his play calling. He’s rolling over on purpose. HB draws on 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 21? No sir. **** no. This isn’t the offensive coach we hoped we’d be getting. He’s not even trying. Nothing he does is creative. He’s just a lot of talk. I don’t know how he’s having trouble scheming WR’s open but they haven’t gotten separation at all this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Haven't researched it myself yet but just saw someone tweet that if the Jets lose by 14 pts or more today Gase will have lost 1/3 of the games he's coached by more than 14 pts.  17 of 52 = 32.7%.

Get this guy away from us.  He stinks.  We deserve better.  C'mon people.  Let's expect more.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s not about Darnold being gone, Siemian being gone, the OL, or any of that. It’s about his play calling. He’s rolling over on purpose. HB draws on 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 21? No sir. **** no. This isn’t the offensive coach we hoped we’d be getting. He’s not even trying. Nothing he does is creative. He’s just a lot of talk. I don’t know how he’s having trouble scheming WR’s open but they haven’t gotten separation at all this year. 

You're the Captain,  now. 

20190922_124519.thumb.jpg.9a3218f7e43e729a58ded4a55f0303fc.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Yea, I think this magnifies two things: 

1. If last year didn't convince you, a healthy Sam is a forced to be reckoned with. He covers up a lot of holes and actually makes the team better. When he isn't in there and healthy, we have no shot. 

2. There are A LOT of holes. I think a lot of people coming into the season and after the preseason were thinking "okay we have holes but we look pretty good with Sam so it can't be that bad." Yes, this team is that bad. Fooled me that's for sure.

I definitely think for once that we have a solid GM, but its going to take time or a spectacularly good draft and free agency next year to really turn this thing around. 

All that said.....I will sit in front of my TV next game and still expect the Jets to snap out of it and start winning games.....and probably be disappointed until Sam comes back. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Can't stand Gase.  Want him gone ASAP.  All you patient, no one can win with these players guys save your breath.  In my view Gase stinks and needs to go.

He'll get a pass I'm sure.  Any chance he gets fired this year?  Or does this board think he gets at least this year?

I'd rather Gregg be the HC.

The Johnsons will give a pass and fire him year 3. They are cheap MFers. I wish they would go bankrupt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I think the Darnold illness gets him at least this year(unless the Jets go like 0-16, 1-15, then all bets are off).

He's on a really hot seat starting next year. Other than being Peyton Manning's waterboy, what's he ever accomplished in the NFL?

Again...

Hmmmm this is why I wanted Mike Shannahan out here.  The team would not look like this with him on the sideline!

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe our wrs are not good.

The problem is everyone is now saying “our o-line stinks, no TE, etc etc.” when most “pundits” claim the jets have talent.  I never thought anyone on this offensive roster was talented except bell.  Anderson is overrated by everyone, Enunwa is a JAG at best and crowder is a decent slot guy.  Bell is elite and Montgomery should be playing more WR the way these outside guys have been stinking.  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

You're right. But having a poor O-Line and being down to your 3rd string QB does not help. 

• Upvote 1

Bowles did more with less

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

We haven't had a #1 WR since 2015.

I didn’t like the Gase hire, but he has been given a very tough hand to start the season. The bye is going to be an interesting inflection point in his career. We have already seen that he has no problem benching a vet if he isn’t performing (see Trumaine Johnson). In the presser, Gase was asked if any changes would be made to the OL and Gase responded that all options were on the table. I’ll be more encouraged if Edoga and Harrison are lined up as starters in Philly. The Jets right now have the worst OL in the league and it’s impossible to overcome that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gase will ultimately be judged by the last 10 games.  If the Jets look well-coached in them Gase has a chance to stay.

I would tell him he has to hire a real OC to help him-maybe a former OL coach.   The Jets need more resources coaching the Offense.

I can also I seem them hiring a new Strength and Conditioning Coach.

But as said above I don’t see the Johnsons eating too many years of Gase’ salary, and the roster was too bad even with the injuries to expect too much.   But somebody is not coaching the OL.   I think Gase shows improvement by the end of the year but not enough by the end of 2020 to stay in 2021, which will be the Jets playoff year. 

• Upvote 1