Tom Brady ‘setting up to move on from New England Patriots,’ says Adam Schefter

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Doesn't matter. Wake me up when Belichick leaves town.

Did you know the Pats would be 3-3-1 if you removed every offensive snap they took this year? Belichick will kick our asses without Brady, no doubt.

Belichick is the engine. Brady has historically been the cog in the engine, but Belichick - the person who is responsible for the roster, gameplanning, playcalling, decision making, and has fielded an average of the 7th best scoring defense every time brady has ever stepped foot on the field - is the engine. Fully agree that as long as Belichick is around, the pats will always be a nightmare. 

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's an absolutely ridiculous stat.

What's even more ridiculous is that I bet the Jets would have more wins on the season if you were to remove ever offensive (pun intended) snap they've taken this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Belichick is the engine. Brady has historically been the cog in the engine, but Belichick - the person who is responsible for the roster, gameplanning, playcalling, decision making, and has fielded an average of the 7th best scoring defense every time brady has ever stepped foot on the field - is the engine. Fully agree that as long as Belichick is around, the pats will always be a nightmare. 

What's even more ridiculous is that I bet the Jets would have more wins on the season if you were to remove ever offensive (pun intended) snap they've taken this year.

Except BB was a bad HC before he found Brady.  He still has a losing overall record without Brady as his starting QB...

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Except BB was a bad HC before he found Brady.  He still has a losing overall record without Brady as his starting QB...

Again, I'm not trying to discount brady's importance. Just trying to put it in the right context. It is extremely plausible for someone to struggle in their first career opportunity in charge, and it is fully reasonable to expect that same person to learn from it and flourish in a following opportunity. Why is it so out of the realm of possibilities to not believe that someone can become better with experience?

His track record prior to becoming a HC was impeccable. The vaunted Bill Parcells hasn't won a single playoff game without Belichick as his DC - I think that alone speaks volumes. So, if one were to accept that Bill struggled in Cleveland for a confluence of reasons including bad ownership and inexperience, but was still the fully capable football mind that he was before the Browns, they'd realize that he learned how to be better, fell ass-backwards into one of the greatest QBs of all time, and that QB helped him figured this whole thing out.

He's 14-6 without Brady since Brady became his full time starter, and that's not including the 2001 AFC championship game that he won without Brady. Last year when Brady was responsible for 1 td and 4 turnovers in the AFCCG & SB, the Pats still beat the #1 & #2 offenses to win another SB. This year, as showcased above, the Pats are above .500 even after removing every single offensive snap. Obviously the lions share of the Pats success has to be attributed to both of them - I just am of the opinion that Belichick deserves a little more.

Calling Brady the cog to Belichick's engine isn't any more of a slight to Brady than calling Brady better than Dilfer is a slight to Dilfer - unless people want to take it that way.

Tom Brady doesn’t deny he’s headed for Patriots divorce

October 23, 2019 | 10:59am | Updated 

Adam Schefter suggested this could be Tom Brady’s swan song, and the future Hall of Famer didn’t exactly shut down the idea.

image.gif.6063d20f0b345280a0147cbdfe61099a.gif

“That is the great part for me, I don’t know,” Brady said on WEEI Wednesday morning. “I think that has been a unique situation that I have been in because I think when you commit to a team for a certain amount of years, you kind feel like [there is] the responsibility to always fulfill the contract. For me, it’s been good because I am just taking it day by day and I am enjoying what I have. I don’t know what the future holds and the great part is for me, football at this point is all borrowed time.”

Previously, Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45 years old, and he looks like he has plenty left, leading the Patriots to a perfect 7-0 record so far, throwing 11 touchdowns and four interceptions.

Before the Patriots embarrassed the Jets 33-0 on “Monday Night Football,” Schefter mentioned that both Brady and his trainer have put their homes in Massachusetts up for sale, and noted how Brady can become a free agent after the season is over.

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Word is his new house is in Greenwich, CT, which is within helicopter distance from Foxboro and only a 2.5 hour drive.  So it’s possible Brady could still play a couple of years while his kids settle into their new schools in Greenwich.

Greenwich, CT is far closer to East Rutherford, NJ than it is to Foxboro, MA ;)

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Word is his new house is in Greenwich, CT, which is within helicopter distance from Foxboro and only a 2.5 hour drive.  So it’s possible Brady could still play a couple of years while his kids settle into their new schools in Greenwich.

Don't think so. It was a big deal when they were here in July or August looking around, but haven't heard anything of him buying here.