Seattle Seahawks OC

ZachEY

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If this post doesn’t get to 50 Buttfumble, it will be evidence that JetNation has become a haven for soft, weak moist-boy beta-make gimp-ready metrosexual submissive twats who work at the cosmetics counter at Macy’s

A man can be an artist, Tom... in anything.  Food, whatever.  It depends how good he is at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

remember when Favre told this guy to shove his sh*tty play book up his ass?

And then remember when favre threw away our season? A season where we could have won a SB as Brady was out and there weren't any great teams.  Good times.

Brian was always unfairly maligned here, he did his job well under very difficult circumstances where he basically had a new QB almost every year and let's not forget Mark's last year with him he set Jets records (though he wasn't as good as 2010) and after they foolishly fired him as a scapegoat for the D failing yet again Mark's career spiralled downward except for a good half a season in Philly.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

And then remember when favre threw away our season? A season where we could have won a SB as Brady was out and there weren't any great teams.  Good times.

Brian was always unfairly maligned here, he did his job well under very difficult circumstances where he basically had a new QB almost every year and let's not forget Mark's last year with him he set Jets records (though he wasn't as good as 2010) and after they foolishly fired him as a scapegoat for the D failing yet again Mark's career spiralled downward except for a good half a season in Philly.

I also thought he did a pretty good job. BTW, I'm not for bringing him back at this time as I think the current regime deserves a fair shot. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

motion twelve guys presnap for no reason then run all 5 yard comebacks on third and 7. good times.

I thought Schotty was trash here. It's been a long time and he's probably learned a lot and grown since then. I wouldn't rule out that he could be a good HC at some point.

I always thought he might make a better HC than OC, if he was prepared to hire an OC and let him call the plays.

Schotty was a big-picture guy.  I remember reading "Collision Low Crossers" and being struck by how much the Jets relied on B-Schott's level head to counter Rex's impetuous, immature nature.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

schotty+sanchez.jpg

Mark Sanchez with Brian Schottenheimer goes on a 16-4 run, wins 4 of 6 playoff games, goes within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl in 2009 and 2010 and is sitting at 8-5 with 3 to play in 2011.

Mark Sanchez without Brian Schottenheimer implodes in 2012 and is gone in 2013.

SAR I

Mark, IMO could have been a better QB had the Jets built the team around his strengths and of course obvious weaknesses.  Tanny did NOT have the balls or knowledge to do this. He threw money at the situation and let the chemistry players walk.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Russell Wilson has got to be the easiest QB on an OC these days. He's very good at most every aspect of the QB game, mental and physical. He's adjusted to deal with his height issue, seeing and moving to find lanes. There was a time when his lack of pocket presence would have made him one of the hardest QBs on an OC, but at this point I think you've got to just trust that.

• Upvote 1

schitty was horrible.  people complain about gase sitting on the bench making notes during the game.  schitty used to sit on the bench way away from the players and contemplate his life.  remember the play where he sent all three receivers out far enough to be 2 yards in front of the first down marker.?  really?  what was he thinking.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

schitty was horrible.  people complain about gase sitting on the bench making notes during the game.  schitty used to sit on the bench way away from the players and contemplate his life.  remember the play where he sent all three receivers out far enough to be 2 yards in front of the first down marker.?  really?  what was he thinking.

They'll never see it coming!

Taking the ball out of Wilson's hand on third down with the game on the line was the dumbest decision imaginable, and very nearly cost them the game.  Schitty isn't as bad as he once was, but he's still not great.  There's a reason why so many of Seattle's wins are dependent on 4th quarter comebacks / game-winning drives, because they have become notorious for being super conservative the entire game until it's all on the line and Wilson inevitably bails their asses out.  Wilson has become one of the best in the league, and yet hardly throws the ball throughout the first 3 quarters of most games.  It's insane.

• Upvote 2