Per PFF the top grades OL on the NYJ

RonaldJet

31 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Not a fan of PFF for position players, but I do think they do a decent job grading oline. 

I believe a 60 is average and anything below is bad

1. Kelvin Beachum 66 grade 

2. Brandon Shell 64 grade 

3. Brian Winters 63 grade 

4. Alex Lewis 58 grade

5. Kelechi Osemele 58 grade 

6. Tom Compton 57 grade

7. Jonathan Harrison 55 grade

8. Chuma Edoga 48 grade 

9. Ryan Kalil 46 grade 

Doesn’t shock me that the line is looking at least a little better with Beachum at LT and Jonathan Harrison at center. PFF validated what everyone saw regarding Kalil: his play made Wesley Johnson look like Kevin Mawae. 

That line that played the Pats on MNF:

LT: Edoga

LG: Lewis (played through and injury so probably wasn’t 100 percent)

C Kalil

RG: Winters

RT: Shell

Probably the worst OL the Jets ever fielded

Is Edoga even alive?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The grades don’t get inflated when darnold runs around and extends plays.  If he stays in the pocket he gets sacked a lot more and they lose.

That’s the league now there are very few pure pocket passers left plus offensive line play quality has decreased on all teams not just the jets 

The gimmick air raid offenses in college have hurt OL development 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Larz said:

60-70 is considered a “back up “ for pff 

70+ is starter 

its basically a 2nd string line 

Like many though, unless we get a top FA LT, we if possible should try to get Beachem on a 12 year hopefully decent contarct and draft a LT. I really would be concerned to have not LT with exp. and throw a draft pick in there even if he is a top 5 pick.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Like many though, unless we get a top FA LT, we if possible should try to get Beachem on a 12 year hopefully decent contarct and draft a LT. I really would be concerned to have not LT with exp. and throw a draft pick in there even if he is a top 5 pick.

I’d try to lock up Beachum now on a 1-year extension at big money

I’d rather have Beachum on a 1 year $12 million deal guaranteed than a 2 year deal at less per year

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Not a fan of PFF for position players, but I do think they do a decent job grading oline. 

4. Alex Lewis 58 grade

6. Tom Compton 57 grade

8. Chuma Edoga 48 grade 

9. Ryan Kalil 46 grade 

Doesn’t shock me that the line is looking at least a little better with Beachum at LT and Jonathan Harrison at center. PFF validated what everyone saw regarding Kalil: his play made Wesley Johnson look like Kevin Mawae. 

C Kalil

Oh i would not say that.  Anthony clement and adrian clark days would put up a strong opposition to that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Y3k said:

This effing kid is putting up a 96 passer rating (NE game excluded) with this amateur line... 

All while playing the Bills game with mono and I believe Sam was still suffering the after effects that mono causes when he first returned. It looks like the Skins game was the first time he looked totally healthy this season.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

4. Alex Lewis 58 grade

6. Tom Compton 57 grade

8. Chuma Edoga 48 grade 

9. Ryan Kalil 46 grade 

C Kalil

not surprised by the grading.  about the only good thing to say is if each player has enough talent they will get better as a group as they play more together.  thus far this oline has been musical chairs.  another thing is putting edoga at Lt was just not putting him at his best position to succeed.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We need 5 new starting Offensive Linemen.  5.  

The reality is that most teams have 2/3 average lineman but they look much better because they are playing next to 2 really good lineman. 

Our problem is that we have an entire OL of marginal OL talent. If we were able to draft an elite LT and C in next years draft or scoop up one in FA the other 3 guys will look much better. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

C Kalil

It's incredible how bad our line has been at times this season. Incredible. 

Hoping for average play from here on out. Their play against Washington was somewhat encouraging because I don't think Washington's defensive front 7 is awful, but it really has been a struggle this year

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

PFF also has Quinnen Williams rated higher (overall) than Josh Allen right now. 

But, of course, the key for us is that Allen is the better pass-rusher. 

Now, these OL grades tend to match what my eyes tell me, but you also have to keep in mind that PFF is far from perfect. 

They also have QW better than Ed Oliver (don't tell the guys in the Draft forum).

2079466589_ScreenShot2019-11-17at9_01_23PM.png.1585d4f9c5f42636210eb41696676c06.png

201622289_ScreenShot2019-11-17at8_51_57PM.png.6edd14b7f172bbc9c3315bf054cc06f6.png

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’d try to lock up Beachum now on a 1-year extension at big money

I’d rather have Beachum on a 1 year $12 million deal guaranteed than a 2 year deal at less per year

That's how horrific the OL has been (and that's quantified, Darnold is Under Pressure 43% of the time leading the league and gets sacked in only 3.03 seconds, again leading the league, and this is a premier athlete, can you imagine Ken OBrien under that constant Rush?  There would have been funeral services a long time ago) that people are being Stockholm Syndromed into wanting Beachum back at double digit millions, another guy who thanks the Lord every day the NYJ exist, Brian Winters being first on the list.

I recall Beachum getting totally abused At Home vs New England a few weeks ago.  Time for new blood at LT, the most important piece of any OL with a right handed QB.  New England and the like are who the Jets need to beat.  That Beachum looks semi-servicable against the total bottom feeding teams in the league isn't cutting it.

Time for new blood...actually WAY past time.

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Remember when we were supposed to be "set" at Center?  Sure, Kalil sucks, but the failure to acquire a decent starting Center since Mangold retired is 100 % on Mike Maccagnan.  

Wesley Johnson, Spencer Long, Jonotthan Harrison.  Yuck.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

You want better than 2nd string grades for your starting LT in this league.  64 is pretty bad.  

We are cash strapped in FA so overpaying for a marginal talent isn’t something that I’d advise.  Honestly at this point trading draft assets for a bonafide LT might be the only way we get something serviceable.

Of course we could gamble on a first rnd rookie, but if that doesn’t pay off for awhile (and it rarely does as a rookie) Sam will be under the same sort of catastrophic duress next year, and that’s not really something you want with your franchise qb.  It leads to all sorts of bad habits.

• Post of the Week 1

By all accounts, Ryan Kerrigan is have a bad year....at least bad compared to what he's done in the past.

He was manhandling Edoga last sunday...there was one play highlighted by the announcers where Kerrigan bull rushed him with one arm.

Then remember some of those awful Darnold games and realize Edoga was his left tackle.