JetsFanatic

The exodus has begun

Just now, sec101row23 said:

He might be the GOAT of O-line coaches.  

The new 6:00 man at WFAN basically said he was one of the 3 pillars on that team alongside Brady and Bill.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Belichick will replace him with a parking lot attendant and our o-line will still pale in comparison.

Somebody has some confidence issues.... you always say this .

• Confused 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@RichCimini: This is a blow to the Patriots. He's a fantastic O-line coach. https://t.co/3R0PG6IaWi

m.twitter.com/RichCimini

Retiring is hardly an exodus. 

He's in his 70's

But will hurt them so I love it

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Yeah, I can picture him talking in the Oline room - "The refs have been instructed by the league to not call holding on you guys unless you make it so blatant that they absolutely have to call it, so go wild"...

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

link?

Might have been somebody else. Sorry. Just seems a little weird to make a out of the blue connection to the Jets in a Pats thread where the Jets are not involved

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

teach how to hold and not get called...  HOF

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

he might be but imagined if they actually called holding correctly

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Came here to say just this.

Me too lol

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Belichick will replace him with a parking lot attendant and our o-line will still pale in comparison.

Somebody has some confidence issues.... you always say this .

He's not wrong though.

How many different coordinators and coaches has BB had in the span of a New England coaching career that has produced 6 rings?  They seem to succeed under him.

It became almost comical over the past 2 decades as we watched Charlies Weiss, Romeo Crennel, Mangini, McDaniels, and others leave and get HC jobs in other places....just to fail within a few short years.  It started to become a trend that anyone who had ever worn a Patriots coaching shirt would eventually get a HC opportunity!  I mean really, what next? An unknown Special Teams coach becoming the HC of the Bears or Giants or something????

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

This is a big deal.  He's the best o-line coach in the business.  In 2014 when he retired the first time, the Pats o-line was so bad Belichick had to convince him to come out of retirement.

With him gone, it leaves major uncertainty that Brady can stay clean.  It'll definitely factor into his decision.

I think it leaves a major uncertainty that Brady will return at all.  They'll still be a good team for as long as BB stays there but hard to imagine they're going to continue what to have the same levels of success without TB12 and DS.

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Might have been somebody else. Sorry. Just seems a little weird to make a out of the blue connection to the Jets in a Pats thread where the Jets are not involved

You know this is a Jets forum, right?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We could replace our OL with parking lot attendants and not notice the difference. ;-)

• Haha 2

This is HUGE. When Googs left Rex & coached the Pats Oline they were not good & BB talked Scarnechia out of retirement. 

Get Ngokeou & knock the sh*t out of them with CJ back, the Prez, and some of those youngsters that showed up last year. 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

giphy.gif

SAR I

Q is going to coach the Patriots offensive line? I don't think so he's probably be going to be in the league a few years before he moves on to what's next.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Q is going to coach the Patriots offensive line? I don't think so he's probably be going to be in the league a few years before he moves on to what's next.

Q is the big winner when Scarneccia retires. He’s going to destroy whatever not-Brady the Patriots line up under center. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Q is the big winner when Scarneccia retires. He’s going to destroy whatever not-Brady the Patriots line up under center. 

SAR I

I sure hope so. I am rooting for him.

• Upvote 1