The Jets will win the AFC East this season

Maxman

Just now, Maxman said:

Just thought you should know.

Well, if Darnold has a breakout season, and we stay healthy, why not feel this way? If you're a Jets fan you have to keep hope alive.

As much as I doubt it will happen, I go into every single season convinced the Jets will win the AFC East. This year, with Brady finally gone, I'm  thinking our odds are greatly improved.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Here is where the Jets rank in the Division based on current signings.......

Head Coach - 4th. You can argue Gase above Flores

QB - 1st. Because this is a Jets board let's just put Darnold 1st. Fitz and Allen have very good arguments to be placed ahead of Darnold but I want to avoid that.

RB - 1st

WRs - 4th. Crowder isn't a guy you want to feature.

OL - 3rd behind Pats and Bills

TE - 2nd behind Phins. Gesicki had a better year than Herndon's rookie year and he was hurt

LB - 4th . This one is hard to judge because of schemes ran by each team. While Mosley and Avery are very good, they also use their LBs as pass rushers and those are non-existent at the moment. Can't put them higher when 1/2 of the group is unknown.

DL - 2nd behind the Bills

CB - 4th. Can't debate this much

S - 1st

Edited by hamat711
Forgot RB

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Does this mean we won't be flying fire Adam Gase banners in November?

Not in November.  More like mid-September...

At least with AG around we don't have to worry about running out of toilet paper...

We've got one big, gigantic ASS-WIPE on hand at all times... 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't make me go back and search for last years "Predictions". LOL. I have the time today....

Believe you had us at 11-5. That was before you dissapeared for 2 months while going 1-7, of course. 

Do it.  I keep getting accused of this but nobody can remember me predicting things like this. I think I predicted a fast start the one year under Bowles but I missed by a game. I said 5 and 1 and they were 4 and 2, something like that.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

You may have to update your chart with Brady gone

Thought about that, but the Jets always have 1 dumb road loss per year, might as well be the Patriots.  Could be the Bills or Dolphins, whichever you prefer.  Point is, 5-1 division record.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Do it.  I keep getting accused of this but nobody can remember me predicting things like this. I think I predicted a fast start the one year under Bowles but I missed by a game. I said 5 and 1 and they were 4 and 2, something like that.

Not you.  SAR. LOL. He did the same W/L breakdown last year and had us at 11-5? Then it was "Its OK, 0-3 gets us 10-6!", then he vanished for October and November. 

Repeat as needed. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thought about that, but the Jets always have 1 dumb road loss per year, might as well be the Patriots.  Could be the Bills or Dolphins, whichever you prefer.  Point is, 5-1 division record.

SAR I

Did we move to the Big Ten?

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

Here is where the Jets rank in the Division based on current signings.......

Head Coach - 4th. You can argue Gase above Flores

QB - 1st. Because this is a Jets board let's just put Darnold 1st. Fitz and Allen have very good arguments to be placed ahead of Darnold but I want to avoid that.

RB - 1st

WRs - 4th. Crowder isn't a guy you want to feature.

OL - 3rd behind Pats and Bills

TE - 2nd behind Phins. Gesicki had a better year than Herndon's rookie year and he was hurt

LB - 4th . This one is hard to judge because of schemes ran by each team. While Mosley and Avery are very good, they also use their LBs as pass rushers and those are non-existent at the moment. Can't put them higher when 1/2 of the group is unknown.

DL - 2nd behind the Bills

CB - 4th. Can't debate this much

S - 1st

None of that matters.

The Patriots and Bills are taking big steps backwards.  The Dolphins steps forward will be baby steps.  The Jets were the rightful wildcard team last season and were robbed by illness and injury.  Darnold in his third year and the rest of the division falling back is enough to give the Jets the division. 

2021 when the Bills move on from Allen and whoever the Dolphins draft is in his second year, that's a slight concern.  But 2020?  No worries at all.

SAR I