Robby to the Panthers

SR24

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Yup. I'd expect JD to move on a vet WR soon, and we could well see a WR at 11 too. Those stories about the Jets being intrigued with Ruggs are interesting. You could potentially replace Robby's speed with someone even faster, who is also a more complete WR (compared to Robby as a rookie).

Agreed

And hell, you could make the argument that Ruggs is already a more complete WR over present day Robby.

I wouldn’t have minded bringing Robby back at $10 million a year, but I’m not distraught over letting him go. Clearly Douglas didn’t put a high value on a guy who is built like a twig, has had off the field issues in the past and hasn’t developed much of a route tree.

I’m actually kind of relieved. Robby has acted like a clown in the past while making an UDFA’s salary. Giving him 8 figures a year has the potential to be a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

We really should have resigned him for that money. Losing RA really paints us into a corner to trade for Trent William's and draft WR rounds 1 and 2. The team is completely barren at WR 1 and 2. Retaining Robby would have given us flexibility to go OT, then pair him with a WR in round 2.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Guys.... It's Robby Anderson.... I liked him ... Home grown etc. But he's not the weapon some think he is.

If this causes us to focus more heavily on WR and thus Double dip on wideouts in our first 3-4 picks I'm good with it. 

OL at 11 followed by two receivers or a receiver at 11 followed by OL and receiver. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

We really should have resigned him for that money. Losing RA really paints us into a corner to trade for Trent William's and draft WR rounds 1 and 2. The team is completely barren at WR 1 and 2. Retaining Robby would have given us flexibility to go OT, then pair him with a WR in round 2.

Overrating him a bit dude 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Robbie: "I jus wan win, cuz ya know, winnin everthang"

Also Robbie: "Ya'll tankin's? Fuk dat I go wif the cash bruh"

Robby:  I want to get paid or go to a winner, or both!!

*** 1-2 weeks later ***

Robby:  Fine, I'll settle for a 1-year deal with the team has gone 29-35 the last 4 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.  I'm ok with him walking for that price.  Best of luck to Robby.  We can get Perriman for a fraction of the price and draft 1-2 studs in a loaded draft.

Agreed!!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The Jets have the worst skill position players in the NFL outside of Bell and it is not even close!!!

If JD doesn't turn this around quickly, then we are wasting Sam Darnold.....

Crowders a very good slot

Herndon has top 10 TE potentil

Bell Is one of the best receiving backs

we need 2 outside receivers. Draft is to come. Trades could happen. I desperately wanted to keep Robby but I’ll wait to see what the opening  day roster looks like

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I like not overpaying.

I don’t like the lack of weapons Sam has.

If we’re going to be stingy about 1 or 2 million, Douglas better have a back up plan...something like signing Perriman and trading for another receiver.

Same folks praising the move today will be saying during the season that Darnold sucks because he can't complete passes to folks who can't get sufficient separation... :) 

• Upvote 2

Joe Caporoso   @JCaporoso · 26m   Over the last 4 years, Robby Anderson had 207 receptions, 3059 yards and 20 TDs for the #Jets and played in 46 of their past 48 games. Current WR depth chart for NYJ - Jamison Crowder - Quincy Enunwa - Josh Bellamy - Braxton Berrios - Vyncint Smith - Josh Doctson

What a sad sack.That guy makes Eeyore look like Richard Simmons.
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Breshad Perriman seems to be the next guy to come off the board? Demarcus Robinson? 

I watched a chunk of Tampa games late in the year.  If THAT's the real Perriman vs. the Baltimore JAG Perriman, IMO he may even be better than Robby.  Just about as fast on go routes and he actually fought for the ball to help out Winston.  Assume he needs coaching on route precision but no worse than Robby..

38 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Kinda bummed not gonna lie 

You know I felt the same way at first. His first two years, I loved Robbie, because he was trying to prove himself. I also realize that he isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. However he has had a couple of instances where he had shown low character outside of football, and I just watch for fun the last Jets bills game last season and what I noticed about Robbie is whenever he’s not getting the ball he pouts like a little child. He doesn’t fight for the ball and fight for the team and less he’s the target. That’s probably why he disappears for games at a time. Don’t get me wrong he’s very talented and I respect him and I’m very happy for him, But the reason why I jumped on this bandwagon back in 1999 when I move to New York is because the Jets are all about Hardwork grit and real people! You can be a superstar and a D but as long as you do your effing job! And if you’re not getting the ball in the game and you decide to pout then you’re not part of this team. 

Nice deal for a former UDFA who proved he belong . Congrats Robbie Anderson you did good kid . Continued success and best wishes. That’s not rain you hear but Sam Darnold crying. Oh and quite a few Jets fans also .

P. S should you play against us, wear air plugs and don’t come across the middle

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I'd say hes a good WR 2 and he got paid WR 2 money. Why switch it up on Sam like that? We've been preaching continuity...

Again he probably wanted more money to stay.  I like Robby but other than his deep threat he isn’t worth it.  He is replaceable 

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
Over the last 4 years, Robby Anderson had 207 receptions, 3059 yards and 20 TDs for the #Jets and played in 46 of their past 48 games. Current WR depth chart for NYJ - Jamison Crowder - Quincy Enunwa - Josh Bellamy - Braxton Berrios - Vyncint Smith - Josh Doctson

50 rec 750 yards per year and there are people acting like the Jets just lost Michael Thomas. It's ridiculous

Guys, most likely Robbie didn't even give us a chance to match. Many times it becomes an ego thing. If the current team doesn't overpay or give them a deal they think they're worth,  they might take equal or a bit less money to go elsewhere. Ego gets involved and FAs leave. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Crowders a very good slot

Herndon has top 10 TE potentil

Bell Is one of the best receiving backs

we need 2 outside receivers. Draft is to come. Trades could happen. I desperately wanted to keep Robby but I’ll wait to see what the opening  day roster looks like

I stand by my statement I mentioned Bell and Crowder is good but nothing special and saying a guy (Herndon) has potential means he hasn't done it yet.

None of what you post means that the Jets don't have abysmal skill position players.  For the Record I am not writing off the season or JD, I am just saying it is what it is and it's JDs job to improve the situation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, choon328 said:

50 rec 750 yards per year and there are people acting like the Jets just lost Michael Thomas. It's ridiculous

Yeah I agree, let’s see how the Jets respond to this, you know Douglas has a back up to every back up plan, and honestly he probably knew this was going to happen. 

I'd say hes a good WR 2 and he got paid WR 2 money. Why switch it up on Sam like that? We've been preaching continuity...

Good point about continuity....We are not going to fix everything this season and I trust that JD is doing a great job of slowly rebuilding this team. We may not address the wide receiver position at all this season other than within the draft. I’m giving JD three years to rebuild this team… Then I’ll start to panic

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Same folks praising the move today will be saying during the season that Darnold sucks because he can't complete passes to folks who can't get sufficient separation... :) 

We were saying that last year when Robby was playing

• Haha 1