Robby to the Panthers

SR24

6 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

I'd say hes a good WR 2 and he got paid WR 2 money. Why switch it up on Sam like that? We've been preaching continuity...

The Jets have been one of the worst teams in the league over the past 5 seasons.  Continuity is not what they should be striving for

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

We could have kept him at that price. But oh well. It is a business.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe we offered something similar.  It’s obvious he wanted to play with Rhule so most likely the only way he would have come back is if we upped the price.  I like him but he isn’t worth overpaying 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Same folks praising the move today will be saying during the season that Darnold sucks because he can't complete passes to folks who can't get sufficient separation... :) 

Yeah agreed! I like the moves that Douglas has done so far...but we needed weapons added for Sam, not less.

Going into year 3 look at what Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield have been given to work with vs. Darnold.

Frightening...

20 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yup.  This is one of the deepest WR classes I remember.  Even if we go OL at 11 we can grab two good WR at 48 and 68

Agreed.

After playing with those mock draft simulators, I think it still makes sense to go OT at 11 then pick up 2 WRs in rounds 2-3.

Even the "2nd tier" OTs may not make it to our 2nd round pick

• Upvote 1

I would have liked to have seen Robby come back at that price, but it is what it is. 

1) https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020. Names still available include Perriman, Sharpe, Funchess, Higgins, Ginn, Richardson, Allison. None of these guys are as good as Robby, but sign 2 of them and at least the depth chart is not barren. 

2) Jason still has to make some updates, but https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/. Jets have the second most cap space in the league right now. I think Trent Williams (and possibly OBJ) are definitely going to be in play now. I also think it is a strong possibility the Jets trade back from 11 to accumulate picks in order to swing a Williams or OBJ trade. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You were talking $14M+ per.  Basically guaranteed it. 

He gets $12M for 1 year then he's either gone-zo, needs to sign a new deal, or only gets $8M year 2.  Ouch.  

Can't be too upset. He also gets to play for his college coach.  Well all I can say is we will definitely be drafting at LEAST 2 wrs if not 3.  I can hear it now... at ll the the NY Jets select.... Jeudy, Jeudy, Jeudy!!  Seriously tho, I hope we go with Ruggs instead.  But if we go Oline in the first we will still take 2 or 3 Wrs in rounds 2 - 5.    I guess I'm gonna have to change my sig, (sigh).  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Robbie caught 3 or fewer passes in 9 of the 16 games he played last year.

Robbie's catch percentage for the season was 54%

Robbie has never had 1,000 yard season and wasn't even in the top 40 for receiving yards last year.

Robbie was 64th in receptions last season.

Thank you Joe Douglas for not overpaying for this guy.  

Being incapable of hauling 1,000 yards has more to do with the Jets the past two seasons and less so Robby.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You got that from Douglas not thinking that Robby is worth $10+ million a year?

I don’t understand why some people are freaking out over this. This just makes it more likely that we take someone like Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs at #11 and give Darnold a legitimate go-to weapon in the passing game for the next decade.

I also fully expect Douglas to bring in someone like Perriman or Sharpe (maybe both) in the meantime.

Corona Derangement Syndrome  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Our current WRs (10) 

• 82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  
  • 10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR/KR)  
  • 17 - Vyncint Smith 6'3" 202 Limestone (WR)  
  • 83 - Josh Malone 6'3" 208 Tennessee (WR)
  • xx - Josh Doctson 6'2" 205 TCU (WR)  (Off Season Signing)
  • 15 - Josh Bellamy 6'0" 208 Louisville (WR)   === ERFA === (2019 INJURY)
  • xx - Keon Hatcher 6'1" 215 Arkansas (WR)  (2019 Practice Squad)
  • xx - Jehu ChessOn 6'2" 204 Michigan (WR)  (Off Season Signing - Future Contract)
  • 81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   (WR)   (2019 INJURY)   
  • 16 - Jeff Smith 6'0" 195  Boston College   (WR) (2019 INJURY)  

Bruh...lol.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Crowder was more dependable.  Robby was obviously a a very good deep threat but that’s it if I’m being honest 

Let;s face it, Robbie was having a bad season until he came on at the end.  He had excuses but if that was the best he could do in a contract year, I wasn't impressed.  

• Upvote 1

Disappointing to see Robby go. Signing someone like Perriman is a lateral move at best, unless Perriman signs for a salary considerably less than what the Panthers just gave Anderson. I assume the Jets will now pivot to bring back Thomas. I do not want the Jets to sign Funchess, a bloke who makes slugs look quick.

I also don't want the Jets to be suckered into drafting Ruggs. All the research I have done on him suggests that he has a high chance of busting, so taking him #11 overall is a big risk. If the Jets are to take a wide receiver in the first round, I hope it is either Jeudy or Lamb.

Pretty disappointed we weren't able to bring him back on a short term, reasonable price like he got from Carolina.

Also how are we going to get a comp pick for losing Robbie? Isn't it based on FA lost and FA signed? We gave that questionable Tackle from Seattle (Fant?) more money than Robbie signed for alone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just now, papz187 said:

Pretty disappointed we weren't able to bring him back on a short term, reasonable price like he got from Carolina.

Also how are we going to get a comp pick for losing Robbie? Isn't it based on FA lost and FA signed? We gave that questionable Tackle from Seattle (Fant?) more money than Robbie signed for alone.

What does that tell you about the WR market?

Just now, papz187 said:

We lost more than we signed 

Chris Herndon looked like a super star in flashes.  If he can stay healthy and not get suspended for four games, And focus...we may have a special weapon.  I also think that it’s too early to decide on Quinnen Williams. I think he’s going to be a stud and he might break out next season. There are a lot of stud DTs that took a couple years to get their stuff together.