Robby to the Panthers

SR24

2 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Are we trying to tank for Lawrence? No corners, no o-line, no wrs. Either Douglas is betting on nailing every pick of the draft or he is straight up planning on tanking next season.

Yeah that's what replacing Robby does, takes us into a deep tank for Lawrence.  

Because we not only let Jerry Rice go we need a QB too.

No OL and corners?  Have you been paying attention

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Our current WRs (10) 

• 82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  
  • 10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR/KR)  
  • 17 - Vyncint Smith 6'3" 202 Limestone (WR)  
  • 83 - Josh Malone 6'3" 208 Tennessee (WR)
  • xx - Josh Doctson 6'2" 205 TCU (WR)  (Off Season Signing)
  • 15 - Josh Bellamy 6'0" 208 Louisville (WR)   === ERFA === (2019 INJURY)
  • xx - Keon Hatcher 6'1" 215 Arkansas (WR)  (2019 Practice Squad)
  • xx - Jehu ChessOn 6'2" 204 Michigan (WR)  (Off Season Signing - Future Contract)
  • 81 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska   (WR)   (2019 INJURY)   
  • 16 - Jeff Smith 6'0" 195  Boston College   (WR) (2019 INJURY)  

I liked Doctson coming out of college. He could be a big surprise. And Q if he's healthy. We will need someone probably with our no. 1 if the right guy is available. I think Douglas will see how it goes who he can get at overall 11. If a good O lineman he likes falls he'll take a lineman. If it's a Wr he'll draft one of them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, artemusclyde said:

Ah yes, the renowned George Fant. Who has the honor of playing backup offensive line for the Seahawks, who are also renowned for there stellar o-line play.

Ah yes, you're stuck on that.  Guess none of the other moves happened and you're going to tunnel vision on one.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, we lost a good player but not a great one.

He was our best WR, but that's not saying much. He's a good #2 or a great #3, who wanted to be paid like a star.

Sorry we lost him, but we move on - hopefully with a FA like Perriman and a high draft pick at the position.

Robby isn't worth 20 million. Quite the 1 trick pony. I just hate that we may have to Draft Jeudy/Lamb now at 11. I wanted that stud LT instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

He wanted to play for Rhule. JD stuck to his guns n wasnt gonna be forced to overpay. Time to move on. 

Great Post.  That what it came down to. Sure Robby would have stayed if we gave him a few extra millions per year ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Serious question.

Is there anything JD could do that you wouldn’t agree with?  

Or are you in blind trust mode at this point?

A bad draft would move me against him.  So far he's done nothing to hurt the team and a lot to help it.  He's trying to clean up the mess of about 10 consecutive years of bad GM work for this franchise and is doing a stellar job.

Are you in "everything sucks" mode at this point?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I like not overpaying.

I don’t like the lack of weapons Sam has.

If we’re going to be stingy about 1 or 2 million, Douglas better have a back up plan...something like signing Perriman and trading for another receiver.

He's got 2 TEs and a slot receiver. Brady had 1 TE and a slot receiver

Not happy about this. That was not a ridiculous contract to match. I would call it "fair market value".

Robby was the only skill position player that Sam had a good rapport with because he'd been there for his 2 years (Herndon too but out a lot due to injury/suspension).

This LT or WR at #11 in the draft thing just got more serious.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I like not overpaying.

I don’t like the lack of weapons Sam has.

If we’re going to be stingy about 1 or 2 million, Douglas better have a back up plan...something like signing Perriman and trading for another receiver.

Maybe it was a lot more than a $1-2M overpay?  Maybe JD sees Anderson as a borderline WR2/WR3?  He wouldn't be wrong.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

There’s no way Douglas is done at wide receiver in free agency. No way they trust the current group going into year two of the regime. I smell.........a traaaaade 

I think JD could go about this in a few different ways, one being sign a Jason Peters type/trade for Trent Williams and then go best available receiver at 11. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think this means JD is going to trade for a receiver. I do think it means he definitely signs a free agent WR, whether it be Perriman, Funchess or whoever. It also increases the chances he goes WR with the top pick. I don't see how JD can look at the state of the offensive skill positions and not consider doing that.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Brutal...that's a reasonable deal. No reason we couldnt have done the same, unless RA just would have rather reunited with Rhule. 

distinctly posssible that he wants to be in Florida as he did mention the cold and dark on NY winter,,,

i would guess that we were slightly below that....  

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So it’s basically a one-year, $12 million dollar deal, presuming the guarantee is the $12mm? Meh. Good luck to him

Yup.  I'm ok with him walking for that price.  Best of luck to Robby.  We can get Perriman for a fraction of the price and draft 1-2 studs in a loaded draft.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1