Why Do You Hate Mekhi Becton?

Why Do you Hate Mekhi Becton?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most closely matches your view of Louisville OT Mekhi Becton:

• I don't hate him, in fact, I think he's AWESOME. He my #1 Offensive Tackle
    • I think he will be a good NFL player and I would be happy if we took him at #11
    • He's okay and an acceptable pick at #11
    • I hope we don't take him, I would rather have any other OT or a WR instead of him
    • I HATE him as a prospect, hope we don't draft him, he's got "BUST" written all over him

He just reminds me of ducasse. Physical beast who isn’t a great football player. To be honest I haven’t looked into him much because I dismissed him almost immediately. If we draft OL at 11 we need a plug and play above average player from the first snap- not a project.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

He's a bit of a risk. If he ends up being the pick at #11, the Jets should not pencil him in as a starter.  Sign another vet OT to compete with him and Edoga for a starting job.

IMO that is why Fant is going to be the opening day starter

Edoga and rookie Will compete for RT 

• Upvote 1

My Big Board is 

Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama 94 Overall Grade

Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville 90 Overall Grade

Josh Jones, OT, Houston  85 Overall Grade

Austin Jackson, OT, USC 85 Overall Grade

Andrew Thomas although talented isn't a scheme fit therefore shouldn't be on our draft board. Tristan Wirfs is one of those guys who's getting more media/combine love then actually scouting love reported by sources. If Wills or Becton are off the board, I'll pivot to a WR, trade back and consider giving the Skins a call for Trent Williams.

Becton was kinda loss last year (2018 season) in blocking pass stunts but definitely fixed it this season. Take a look at him vs Q-Williams and Bama. RT #73, play a few snap at LT

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Becton seems to be the least highly coveted Offensive Tackle in this year's draft, at least by many here on JetNation.

Why do you hate Mekhi Becton?

Because he's from Louisville! I remember another 1st round pick of ours from Louisville that was a bust. Don't trust players from that school!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, King P said:

I don't hate him at all. In fact, I was one of the 1st people on this board to bring him up if not the 1st (check the OL thread in the draft section).

The problem is when I brought him up and talked him up, it was before the Combine. At that time he was pegged as a 2nd rounder. But fast forward to today, his stock has skyrocketed. To the point where he's going to be a Top 15 pick. And I feel like that's too high for him. He's still raw and needs to develop. He may or may not.  But I wouldn't risk the 11th pick on him to find out

Yep, beware of the guys that skyrocket after the games have been played. Been there, done that.

• Upvote 2

Don't hate him and would be OK with him at #11 but I don't think he fits the type of OL that JD and Gase are looking to build. The Jets will not be drafting this high in the near future so they should fill the highly coveted LT position when they have the chance even if Becton is not a perfect fit.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Because he's from Louisville! I remember another 1st round pick of ours from Louisville that was a bust. Don't trust players from that school!

i was about to say the same thing.  it must be something about players from kentucky (couch, hitman, robertson).

• Upvote 1

imo of all of the tackles in the draft he's about the highest graded one.  but the thing is the draft is pretty deep and the top olineman grade was about a half point higher then the 10th guy.  so good oline players will be found in the second and third rounds.  none of the olinemen had grades that approached 7 or higher.

• Upvote 1