Do the Jets regret not having Mike McCarthy as HC?

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Absolutely agree. I just pray everything works out for the best. Unbelievable how many negative Nancys here wanted Gases's hide right off the bat. Give the guy a chance if he's not right for the Jets ...... THEN we can hang him.

There will always be some negativity around here I’ve just accepted that.  

• Upvote 2

I def wanted McCarthy instead of Gase

---

unlikely we have JD without Gase though ... which appears to a giant win for us at the moment

---

Just because Gase may be bad and Rodgers is a d*ck doesn't mean McCarthy is good yet.  We still have to wait to see how that narrative plays out

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, ljr said:

Just because Gase may be bad and Rodgers is a d*ck doesn't mean McCarthy is good yet. 

He'll probably look a lot better on a loaded Cowboys' team than he would've looked here last year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Why does this article make me want Mike McCarthy? The Packers got better when he left.

And The Eagles won the Super Bowl when Andy Reid left. 

What does that mean?  Sometimes it’s just time, after long periods of time a message can get lost..people get burnt out one place.  It happens everyone - people that are great at their jobs, get tired there and go somewhere else and have success.

McCarthy was clearly the right hire...it really is a shame.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What does that mean?  Sometimes it’s just time, after long periods of time a message can get lost..people get burnt out one place.  It happens everyone - people that are great at their jobs, get tired there and go somewhere else and have success.

He hasn’t coached a game with the cowboys yet. I bet it’s gonna be a train wreck, not a shame. 

• Upvote 1

I love these time machine questions. Can we go back more than once, or just the one time? Because if it’s once the answer will always be baby hitler. 

McCarthy can rubber band a trash bag full of farts around his head for all I care.  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

McCarthy has an even more vanilla offense than Gase does.  The guy we should have never passed on was Matt Rhule.  The Johnsons and Mac did not allow him to pick his coaches...what a bunch of goobers.

At this point I am fine with Gase, since he is here, and like most hope for the best.

In truth, I think Gase is going to have very very GOOD season as a play caller!

The question is did Roger's attitude help dictate what McCarthy ran?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Clearly? You think the Packers regret forging him also?

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

At this point I am fine with Gase, since he is here, and like most hope for the best.

In truth, I think Gase is going to have very very GOOD season as a play caller!

The question is did Roger's attitude help dictate what McCarthy ran?

I kinda disagree with this.  Gase's biggest strength IMO was he kept that locker room together with a gazillion injuries + the Osemele/Enunwa distractions.  GW helped for sure, but Gase had them playing hard thru a 1-7 start.  His greatest weakness IMO was his play calling.  He gets nothing out of Loggains that I can detect and he struggles with mid-game adjustments.  His success in Denver seems largely to be based on having a QB smart enough to adjust and call plays at the line. With another year of experience Sam needs to stop seeing ghosts and start developing better audible skills...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I kinda disagree with this.  Gase's biggest strength IMO was he kept that locker room together with a gazillion injuries + the Osemele/Enunwa distractions.  GW helped for sure, but Gase had them playing hard thru a 1-7 start.  His greatest weakness IMO was his play calling.  He gets nothing out of Loggains that I can detect and he struggles with mid-game adjustments.  His success in Denver seems largely to be based on having a QB smart enough to adjust and call plays at the line. With another year of experience Sam needs to stop seeing ghosts and start developing better audible skills...

Well that is my point in some ways too..........

I think Gase is a baby in some ways and he worries about things he shouldn't.  I am truly hoping that he wont do with JD now in control and that this will free Gase up to be a more focused play caller, at least that is my hope for the season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Gase had a crap roster to deal with and a QB who got Mono to start the season.  But, he was smart enough to get Maccagnan ousted and a new GM put in place.  The new GM then gets rave reviews for signing 4 Offensive lineman, using the #11 pick on another and drafting/signing multiple more players at WR and RB.  Fans now "see the light" and are raving about Joe Douglas when in fact Douglas is just proving that Gase had Zero to work with last season.

If you approve of the job Douglas has done this offseason in terms of prioritizing the offense then you agree that the offensive roster was complete sh*t.  It's a small miracle that this team went 6-2 over its final 8 games!

I have zero regrets about not hiring Mike McCarthy.  80% of his offensive playbook is from 1986.

Good post, but fixed for accuracy at the end.

The guy literally still runs many of the concepts that Bill Walsh was employing 35 years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Doug Pederson is a top coach in the league. And immediately following Reid leaving the Eagles the team began to decline until Pederson came in and pulled the team out of mediocrity. The thing about Pederson and Reid that’s different than McCarthy is that no one accused them of lacking offensive innovation.

28 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

People like Pac who spent 48 hours pre-gloating that Maccagnan had recruited a Super Bowl winning coach probably regret it

People like Pac correctly stated that McCarthy was pining for this job while you ingrates confidently declared there's no way he'd want to work with Mac.

Gase/Douglas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCarthy/Macc

• Upvote 2