The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

There’s been like 4-5 guys ever getting an extension at this point in their rookie contract. 

what a distraction now

play one more year and then the jets make you the highest paid safety in history. 

now it’s all going to go to sh*t. Teams aren’t lining up to extend him at this time in his contract. Christ Jamal, I had your back till this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The jets will forever be a clown show, doesn’t matter who you bring in here to run this 6 ring circus.

Teams can cut players at will and not honor contracts but expect players to honor contracts they’ve outplayed.

Except he has done literally nothing for the team over the course of his complete psychotic meltdown.  He's the only one who's made this offseason a circus.

However, I'm sure the NFL would love to discuss player contracts being 100% incentive based, to ensure players get paid exactly what they have earned.  Should solve everyone's problems, right?

• Upvote 2

Just now, David Harris said:

There’s been like 4-5 guys ever getting an extension at this point in their rookie contract. 

what a distraction now

play one more year and then the jets make you the highest paid safety in history. 

now it’s all going to go to sh*t. Teams aren’t lining up to extend him at this time in his contract. Christ Jamal, I had your back till this. 

When he's lucky to maybe get one more deflected pass for an interception, he wont get that highest paid contract.

Get this F'N toxic piece of dog scat out of here. He is another huge contract disaster in the making, and his mouth is not conducive to a team building environment. The "best" safety in football doesn't move the needle as much as a decent player at a skill position. Go trade this fool to a team who is foolish enough to give us a haul. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Should’ve done it before the draft! Now what is Douglas supposed to do

Nothing....

This was a bad move by Jamal.....

What is he going to do, hold out and who is going to pay him big bucks if he sits out say for a year and half?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A win now team may give you a late first. You're not getting anything better than that, and that's not a guarantee either. New Orleans  or Tampa seems like the best fit.

Said it at the time, if Jerry ever offered a 1+ for Adams last season, the Jets should've taken it because they were never going to get a better deal than that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Jamal has zero leverage. He can either play or sit, and if he sits he hurts himself as much as the Jets by reducing his value.

His leverage is his trade value. Why keep someone who is going to annoy you and possible reduce you getting a good return? You want to hear about this during a season?

hey sam good game, oh by the way jamal adams isnt happy, how does that affect the team?

oh leveon good g—so jamal adams this and blah blah blah

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The jets will forever be a clown show, doesn’t matter who you bring in here to run this 6 ring circus.

Teams can cut players at will and not honor contracts but expect players to honor contracts they’ve outplayed.

The NFLPA is to blame for the rookie deals being what they are.  This does not fall on Joe Douglas at all.

• Upvote 4

If the report about him not requiring a contract extension to certain teams is true then I don't know how anybody could defend him at this point.  This was never about the Jets paying him.  This was about getting off the team. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

2020 the year of the crazy.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded before the start of the season, he is extended a massive contract, or he sits out with the Jets letting him sulk.

Anything can happen in 2020........except the Jets winning a  Super bowl.  (technically they can't until 2021))

The one in bold won't happen.  He either finishes out his rookie deal here or he gets traded well before that.  Nothing in between.  The clock is now ticking on his time here.

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pls, anyone who was sticking up for this fake, SPEAK UP NOW!

I have been a supporter of his but this changes everything.  I don’t know what I prefer. Do we trade his ass and get rid of him now, or make him ride out for two more years until all our options to keep him have run out, meaning Franchise Tag etc.  NO....let’s definitely get rid of his ass now!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The NFLPA is to blame for the rookie deals being what they are.  This does not fall on Joe Douglas at all.

The funny thing is that's never changed at all, despite any complaints that have come about for those contracts... I wonder why that is?  Oh, because as soon as the players are actually in the league, they are all on board with actively looking out for themselves at the expense of their future teammates.  There are no innocent victims out there on either side of any of this.

• Upvote 3