Woody’s in trouble.

20 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

One thing everyone should keep in mind - remember...Woody has literally screwed up everything he has ever been involved with.  The fact that he is an incompetent Ambassador is a surprise to no one.

We need the team to revolt against his racist remarks...and for this to lead to the sale of the team.  I believe it happened in Charlotte and Houston.

This may be the best chance we get to rid ourselves of him..

You are 100% right.
But for a while it seemed Like maybe just maybe he was Doing the England gig Right; just shut up, bow when you have to, and do as you’re told!

He couldn’t even get that right, LOL!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pavlito said:

Given the fan base and revenue, you would think this team prints money.  But these are the Johnsons we are talking about - and not the ones entrusted with the business.  Woody in particular is a giant tool, a failed businessman, a boot licker to Trump, and obviously never going to win dad of the year.  Christ.

They have a ton of debt that needs servicing and playing a season without fans (which account for half of the team's gross revenue) is not something their financial models accounted for.  I don't think the Jets are alone in this situation, but I do think the Jets franchise will be among those most impacted by the pandemic. 

24 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

One thing everyone should keep in mind - remember...Woody has literally screwed up everything he has ever been involved with.  The fact that he is an incompetent Ambassador is a surprise to no one.

Woody Johnson remains the only person James Dolan has ever outmaneuvered.  That's really all you need to know.

Yes because their reporting is never biased or has an agenda.

You could say that about literally every single news org. I wish this would move the needle toward getting the Johnsons out, but this probably doesn't even register a blip on Ol' Rog's radar.

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You are 100% right.
But for a while it seemed Like maybe just maybe he was Doing the England gig Right; just shut up, bow when you have to, and do as you’re told!

He couldn’t even get that right, LOL!

Everyone here has this ass backward cause all this cancel culture BS. Were not getting rid of him. Worst thing that will happen here based off this basically non story is we get Woody back with his toy when we finally got football people running the team. Ambassador jobs are useless BS but it gave him a line on Wikipedia.  Right now he's basically doing nothing, but part of the nothing is not running the Jets. We should all be sending him supportive edible arrangements right now.

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would take Bezos. The Jets still wouldn't win a Super bowl but the free Prime membership as a PSL holder would be sweet.

Could you imagine the site traffic the day Bezos bought the Jets?  As much as I'd enjoy the free Prime membership for PSL holders (but not for "upper deckers" right @SAR I? lol) I'd be more interested in the free returns for any items bought at the Jets store like Jacchai Polite jerseys ....and watching you immediately have to port this site over AWS (unless you're there already).

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Everyone here has this ass backward cause all this cancel culture BS. Were not getting rid of him. Worst thing that will happen here based off this basically non story is we get Woody back with his toy when we finally got football people running the team. Ambassador jobs are useless BS but it gave him a line on Wikipedia.  Right now he's basically doing nothing, but part of the nothing is not running the Jets. We should all be sending him supportive edible arrangements right now.

I think he's enjoying his time as Ambassador.

6200162-6391259-image-a-3_1542241791661.jpg.f1ec68affe16ff399fa624f77a0eb8cf.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

You do know he has nothing to do with the J&J business right ?

I realize that he is not involved in the operation of the business currently. But it’s his family, no? He’s a billionaire with a voice and platform, no?

Couldn’t he have said something and saved some lives? You’re telling me the family was totally in the dark for 30 years and had no idea about this? Give me a break.

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If he did make racist comments that could be enough to be forced to sell

I agree.  Didn't we see something similar with the owner of the Carolina Panthers a while ago?

In all reality, most owners have been given a pass for off-field indiscretions and statements.  If Woody really lit it up with some racist and sexist remarks then yes, he could be forced out, particularly with the environment we're in.  But if Dan Snyder and Bob Kraft are still owners I have a hard time imagining Woody truly gets forced to sell the team.  If his comments are in the realm of what was described above about the challenges of black fathers leaving their families and hiring women because they work harder and are cheaper, then I think this will kinda blow over within a week or two.  He shouldn't get a pass for those comments but I'm not sure it's enough to force someone out, especially if an owner who knowingly paid for the services of illegal immigrant prostitutes is still in place.

Quite honestly, I think the bigger problem is a potentially legal one where he may have used his position to try to gain personal benefits for Trump.  If Woody used the ambassador position to try to get a golf tournament hosted at a Trump property in Scotland that might actually be problematic for him legally.  The other stuff might just make him look like a douche and bad human being.

I'm surprised they didn't lock this thread out with all this political drival going on here!   It's bad enough the sports world has been turned into a political theater.  This is shameful at every aspect! 

Sports are to be enjoyed and fun to watch, now it's just another divisive part of life.  I thought this site was about talking about the Jets team and football.   

ALL LIVES MATTER

• Thumb Down 9

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If he did make racist comments that could be enough to be forced to sell

Nothing quoted in that article is "racist" The author did a incredible job framing it that way though and that's all it takes for a lot of people to consider it as it is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Nothing quoted in that article is "racist" The author did a incredible job framing it that way though and that's all it takes for a lot of people to consider it as it is.

Agreed he should never have been considered qualified to be an NFL owner based on his past shady business dealings and tax fraud.  This is a nothing burger.  It does appear he failed to get the British to move the open to Trump's golf course.  This is probably a leak from one of the Presidents family members so they can remove him and get a more competent Ambassador in.  

14 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

See the forest behind the trees!

If this scenario plays out correctly, say a few more negative articles come out, the Johnsons will be forced to sell.

Wishful thinking i know, but one can always dream.

It's hard to argue that the Johnsons have been successful at running the NYJ.

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I realize that he is not involved in the operation of the business currently. But it’s his family, no? He’s a billionaire with a voice and platform, no?

Couldn’t he have said something and saved some lives? You’re telling me the family was totally in the dark for 30 years and had no idea about this? Give me a break.

So if your family owned a business and was doing something bad - you'd turn them in for the good of humanity. 

5 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

I'm surprised they didn't lock this thread out with all this political drival going on here!   It's bad enough the sports world has been turned into a political theater.  This shameful at every aspect! 

Sports are to be enjoyed and fun to watch, now it's just another divisive part of life.  I thought this site was about talking about the Jets team and football.   

ALL LIVES MATTER

I think it's going alright outside you and a couple others trying to get it locked. What else are we going to talk about more important than our useless owner? NFL Covid protocol?

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

I'm surprised they didn't lock this thread out with all this political drival going on here!   It's bad enough the sports world has been turned into a political theater.  This shameful at every aspect! 

ALL LIVES MATTER

Woody Johnson owns the Jets.  Jets fans lives matter.