Twitter Question: Did the NFL strip Manish Mehta of his credentials

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  You're totally right.  He is a well respected journalist and is going to be proven to be the victim here.  

You don't have to defend him anymore....

Care to show me where I made that claim?

What I said was factually correct so now you’re going the straw man route.

“A“ for effort, I suppose.

Just now, AFJF said:

Care to show me where I made that claim?

What I said was factually correct so now you’re going the straw man route.

“A“ for effort, I suppose.

Just doing what Manish did every day on the job.  Hope you two are having fun with your Call of Duty online Deathmatches.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Just doing what Manish did every day on the job.  Hope you two are having fun with your Call of Duty online Deathmatches.

I think the last time I played a video game was around 2014.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

So anyone have news on this? Is Manish no longer credentialed?

Charles McDonald asked the questions in the press conferences for the Daily News on Wednesday in the press conference.

By Manish's own reactions, we would have to assume so. That he has taken responses off his Twitter pretty much says it all. People were trolling him there, and he did not respond. That should tell you everything.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's not why he got his credentials pulled, and he hasn't been fired.  He committed a severe ethical violation that got the NFL involved, and not one of his peers have come to his defense.  Nor has Manish or the NYDN made any comment or complaint about the decision.  And for good reason.  

Getting one's credentials pulled just for writing negative stories would have produced an outcry.  Connor Hughes admitted just a week before that all good journalists know how to complain about things.  Think he'd have something to say right now if criticizing Gase was the real reason?

How wrong can you be in one post?

What did he do?

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Manish speaking truth to power got him fired.

Gase is a bad coach and lunatic.  If you don't get along with Gase he gets rid of you.  That's his MO and that's what happened here.

This team is being held hostage until he's gone.

A post that irrationally supports Mehta while strongly bashing Gase, from a poster who is infamous for negative comments and whose avatar is someone in a mask.  Hmm...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MykePM said:

A post that irrationally supports Mehta while strongly bashing Gase, from a poster who is infamous for negative comments and whose avatar is someone in a mask.  Hmm...

Irrationally?  When someone gives me the rational reason why his credentials were pulled then I'll be able to make a fair assessment of if he as irrationally let go.

As of right now all we know is he was mean to Gase...don't do what Gase says, wether it's for the team or bad - you go.  

That's just how Gase rolls.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Irrationally?  When someone gives me the rational reason why his credentials were pulled then I'll be able to make a fair assessment of if he as irrationally let go.

As of right now all we know is he was mean to Gase...don't do what Gase says, wether it's for the team or bad - you go.  

If Gase truly was responsible for Manish getting his credentials pulled, that's grounds for a contract extension right there.   No matter how bad of a coach he is.     

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beaver said:

If Gase truly was responsible for Manish getting his credentials pulled, that's grounds for a contract extension right there.   No matter how bad of a coach he is.     

That's his speciality.  Winning is not important as long as he gets people fired others don't like and cuts/trades players he doesn't get along with.

And people wonder why our fans accepts such a losing organization.  We care about all the wrong things.  Gase doesn't win that should be all that matters...not who he gets fired, cuts or trades away.

• Thumb Down 2

Something weird has gone down.

Usually journalists who get credentials pulled (if they believe unfairly) make a big stink about it.

Other journalists typically stick up for/ demand credentials be reinstated if unjustified removal.

The only other sports reporter example that comes to mind is how Dolan & MSG would limit Frank Isola's access to the Knicks playersand some events. When this would happen, his colleagues would raise hell.

We have not heard from anyone - Manish, colleagues, the team, the NFL, on this situation.

Why?

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's his speciality.  Winning is not important as long as he gets people fired others don't like and cuts/trades players he doesn't get along with.

And people wonder why our fans accepts such a losing organization.  We care about all the wrong things.  Gase doesn't win that should be all that matters...not who he gets fired, cuts or trades away.

How old were you when your sense of humor was surgically removed?

• Haha 4

If Manish lost his credentials for an ethical violation it is extremely classy of Gase not to leak the reason. It may be a temporary suspension and that's why everyone is quiet about it. The team may have an under the table deal to not leak the reason if Manish stops his vendetta against Gase. We should pay close attention to see if Manish goes easier on the team from this point forward.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure what you have been watching, but this has been a losing organization long before Gase became HC.  

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase has won 6 of his last 8 games as Jets head coach.  Certainly, someone who believes that “winning is all that matters” would be willing to see what comes next — unless that someone has a personal vendetta against a coach that... say... got his credentials revoked?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Manish speaking truth to power got him fired.

Gase is a bad coach and lunatic.  If you don't get along with Gase he gets rid of you.  That's his MO and that's what happened here.

This team is being held hostage until he's gone.

Gase shivved Maccagnan...quickly, which brought in Joe Douglas.  Whether Gase becomes any kind of top tier coach (doubtful, though you never know, attitude aside he’s supposed to be very intelligent, so maybe lightning strikes and the light really goes on) is inconsequential.

The Gase hiring and how it led to Joe Douglas will be seen as one of the most important hirings in Jet history.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If thats how Gase rolls, this wouldn't be the first time a "journalist" got there credentials pulled. It would of happened in Miami too.. Just saying.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

If Manish lost his credentials for an ethical violation it is extremely classy of Gase not to leak the reason. It may be a temporary suspension and that's why everyone is quiet about it. The team may have an under the table deal to not leak the reason if Manish stops his vendetta against Gase. We should pay close attention to see if Manish goes easier on the team from this point forward.

The team I can guarantee you made no such under the table deal, which by any perspective would obviously become akin to blackmail and extortion. 

A few thoughts

Gase being a bad person (if true) doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. See BB

If MM hasn’t been fired, maybe it’s because the NYDN is complicit

It’s the NYDN that hates, editorially speaking, the Jets.  So the reporter may            change, but the coverage won’t.