Would you go to a stadium if you had to pass through a "disinfecting doorway"?

TuscanyTile2

Seems kind of nasty to have disinfectant sprayed on you for 6-8 seconds (in your hair, face, clothes, body, etc) before an event.  Plus, you'd probably end up inhaling some too (yuck!).  The article says you'd still need to wear a mask inside too, btw. 

As far as I'm concerned, no thanks!

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/09/11/seatgeek-stadium-installing-new-disinfecting-doorways-for-concert-crowds-could-top-5500-fans/

SeatGeek_Stadium_Installing_New_Disinfecting_Doorways_For_Concert.gif.9c74b8aadb57b382533ea06b6d75d771.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Seems kind of nasty to have disinfectant sprayed on you for 6-8 seconds (in your hair, face, clothes, body, etc) before an event.  Plus, you'd probably end up inhaling some too (yuck!).  The article says you'd still need to wear a mask inside too, btw. 

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/09/11/seatgeek-stadium-installing-new-disinfecting-doorways-for-concert-crowds-could-top-5500-fans/

SeatGeek_Stadium_Installing_New_Disinfecting_Doorways_For_Concert.gif.9c74b8aadb57b382533ea06b6d75d771.gif

For me ?. She looks like she got sprayed really good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The story of my dating life. I find that scrubbing myself down with steel wool and hosing myself off with gasoline is far more efficacious. Expect Commissar Google to remove that.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is exactly what Ras Al Ghul tried to do to Gotham in Batman Begins.

False. 

Ras Al Ghul tried to induce a chemical fear toxin made by the Scarecrow in Gotham and then blow part of it up. 

Details details details man! Cmonnn lol ?

(Side note, I think Batman Begins is better than the Dark Knight, just sayin) 

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

How exactly does this prevent the spread of coronavirius?

It's pure theater.

90% of what is going on right now is theater. The expression i always use is "the dog and pony show" Kids schools are now doing temp check on every kid coming into building even though it is pretty much universally accepted that kids, when they do get exposed are almost always asymptomatic, no fever!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Its not a problem. I play poker every day and they spray us, temp check us, we have to clean our hands every time we get up for 2 seconds, they spray the seats down every time a player moves - covid created a lot of new jobs like seat cleaner and temp checkers but if u wanna play poker you get used to it and of course we have to wear masks the whole time. So going to a game and getting sprayed down once and wearing a mask would be a cake walk.

Sounds awful!

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do you have to be naked??

Until there is a vaccine, if you want to avoid getting Covid wear a medical grade mask and eye covering. 

The more you are exposed to the exhalation of others without a mask and eye covering the more likely you get it.

if everyone wears a decent mask, that helps too. 

I am fortunate enough to not have to go to the office.  So I just sit tight and wait until this passes.  I ain’t going to a stadium.  To me, any contact with anyone else is evaluated as being worth the risk.  I run and go the beach without a mask but avoid getting close to people.  I socialize with people outside at a modest distance.  I don’t go out to eat, to bars or to the gym anymore.  I have lost 10 pounds. 

Winter is coming.  Kids will come home from college.  People will be inside more.  Covid will come back in NY.   Not like before, but it will be back.  Fauci says we are 9-15 months from normal.  I believe that.  

Getting sprayed at the stadium is the second reason why attending in person is bad.  Just watch on the widescreen at home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Making people do something they don't feel comfortable with is so 'un-American'.

Granting access to a space by way of 'check' - whether it be on my health or my security - is something you'd see in China. 

A more American solution would be to incentivize the wearing of hazmat suits (through various marketing and televangelist style promotion), and selectively approving access to those that own them, as verified by mandatory declaration at the ticket-office. 

• Upvote 1