Who would you hire???

AL047

Does anybody realize almost everyone mentioned by you are inexperienced as head coaches!!!

Almost every coach are coordinators with no head coaching experience!!!!

Urban Meyer will never sign with the Jets and he never signed with any professional team in the past or present!!!! 

Philly will match the Jets for Pederson any day!!!! The Jets are not a attractive team right now, and he doesn't want to be in a rebuilding mode at all!!!

No matter who is brought in its going to be the same. The head coach will face the same problem and the fans will always be critical of what he does. Fans are expecting to reach the playoffs in the first year and doesn't accept that the team is filled with holes and need work.

2 hours ago, AL047 said:

Everyone here again wanting Gase to be fired!!!!

Here's a question for all of you here; Who would you hire to coach this team??? Remember all the good coaches are either retired or have long contracts with winning organizations??? Who would you hire???? Remember this coach is inheriting Darnold and the rest of the funky bunch!!!!

Does it matter? Is not knowing who the next coach is a good enough reason not to fire the worst and most stubborn play caller we’ve ever seen?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Doug, who I guess is an established guy. You know what I mean

Not really. Pederson is 11 games over .500, 4-2 in the playoffs, won a Super Bowl against Belichick, and has a long track record of getting the most out of mediocre QBs. The Jets hiring him would be a major coup.

• Upvote 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

Not really. Pederson is 11 games over .500, 4-2 in the playoffs, won a Super Bowl against Belichick, and has a long track record of getting the most out of mediocre QBs. The Jets hiring him would be a major coup.

I think I just see him as a more viable/attainable option because the Eagles have been a mess recently, Wentz is meh, and there’s a relationship with Douglas. I didn’t mean to imply that he’d be a bad hire

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think I just see him as a more viable/attainable option because the Eagles have been a mess recently, Wentz is meh, and there’s a relationship with Douglas. I didn’t mean to imply that he’d be a bad hire

Gotcha. It's all academic anyway because I can't see the Eagles letting him go.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Roman would be my first choice.

Obviously Bienemy is going to get a lot of votes but why has he been passed over so many times? There’s a reason why he’s not being hired. That is a huge red flag. 

Roman is my first choice as well. The issue with Bienemy is most of the offense's credit goes to Andy Reid (who Bienemy won't be bringing with him). 

If only there had been an experienced head coach available, someone who was clearly competent and had a track record of winning seasons, playoff appearances,  and the added bonus of having actually developed a young and talented but very raw QB prospect. Someone like that would have been a masterful hire. Even if he was bringing in some boring old offense he liked to utilize. I mean, it couldn't be any worse than the innovative,  modern age, illogical dumpster fire we just watched....

If only that was possible... but guys like that NEVER get fired, and wouldn't want to even interview with the New York Jets,  anyway. 

Oh well. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Roman is an interesting guy (I just looked up his bio). He is from Jersey (Atlantic City) and played defensive line in college (unusual for an offensive coordinator). 

The dude has had successful offenses everywhere he's been.  He made Tyrod Taylor look competent and then Rex Ryan made him the scapegoat for his vaunted defense getting absolutely shredded by us on prime-time television. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AL047 said:

Does anybody realize almost everyone mentioned by you are inexperienced as head coaches!!!

Almost every coach are coordinators with no head coaching experience!!!!

Urban Meyer will never sign with the Jets and he never signed with any professional team in the past or present!!!! 

Philly will match the Jets for Pederson any day!!!! The Jets are not a attractive team right now, and he doesn't want to be in a rebuilding mode at all!!!

No matter who is brought in its going to be the same. The head coach will face the same problem and the fans will always be critical of what he does. Fans are expecting to reach the playoffs in the first year and doesn't accept that the team is filled with holes and need work.

Isn't there a saying about how everyone has their price?

I like the Joe Brady idea, I'm not sure about a 30yo coach in NY tho.  I am not convinced  Eric Bienemy is head coaching material.

Don;t kill me, but a guy I always liked is Jack del Rio, hire him and as brilliant of an offensive mind as you can find for OC.  del Rio won in Jacksonville (without a QB) and Oakland, both teams slipped due to attrition not because of him.  

If you must have a young hip OC as the next HC go for former Jet Kevin O'Connell.

I also like Robert Saleh SF DC) a lot as well.

3, 3, 4, 2, 8, 9, 10, 3, 2, 11, 1

How about an OC who's offense have been ranked as above for scoring offense in his 11 seasons as an oc?

As opposed to the Gase great track record.

6 years top 3 in the league, never below 11

"Throughout his time with the Saints, he has been an important figure in the planning and preparation of the team’s offensive attack, thats been ranked first in the National Football League in yardage in six seasons and in the top nine each campaign of his time as offensive coordinator."