Christopher Johnson addresses the media...

BROOKLYN JET

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or he and Gase are sick and tired of the media hitpiece mafia and knows that next Monday the stupid fans will be lapping up every word spoken by the opportunists flying airplanes for YouTube views and he's nipping it in the bud before it starts.

He's controlling the message.  This works very well for Trump, confusing as all hell and keeps the media on the defensive.  Smart move by CJ.

SAR I

But most of us fans aren't forming our opinions from the media, they're being formed by watching the Jets play. Watching them have more penalty yards than offensive yards through most of the second quarter! 

Our eyes don't lie, this team stinks and Gase needs to go. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

CJ seems to have put a stake in the ground that he's onboard with Gase.  Time will tell whether he's right or wrong, but he does seem decisive on this.

That's the key right there.

I think if we're being honest and see the Jets the way the league sees the Jets, we will never attract top talent at GM and HC and in the FA market unless we stop all the "dysfunction" that has become our reputation.

If you know you're in for a very tough 3-5 year rebuild, you hire the best candidates you can to flush out the old culture, bad contracts, and bad players, and you stick to your guns, you stick to the new front office and new sidelines that you've built because you know you are in for some dark times for a few years.

And if you flip head coaches again, and if you knee-jerk overreact to media and fan pressure again, and if you don't change your ways as an owner and buy-in to a master plan that you yourself have created, then you are right back to square one again.  Settling for the HC that isn't even a coordinator and the other 9 teams passed on.  Settling for the GM whose claim to fame was ordering toilet paper for the Seattle Seahawks or recommended by a headhunter.  Jumping on big name players who take $20M and suddenly call in sick, lawyer-up, and force their way out of town.

Christopher Johnson is trying to do it right this time and that's why I'm behind it 100% percent.  It just may work this time.  Gase and Douglas aren't going anywhere.  They are here for years.  If there are JN members who find that thought repulsive, suggest they find another team to root for for awhile.  If you don't have the stomach for CJ's master plan any longer, its completely understandable.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Decision makers need to make cold, hard decisions.  Sometimes that means cutting bait early with a coach or player, other times it means sticking with what you believe in despite some bad early results.  CJ seems to have put a stake in the ground that he's onboard with Gase.  Time will tell whether he's right or wrong, but he does seem decisive on this.

It's worthwhile noting that Bills fans wanted to fire HC Sean McDermott after his second season when they went 6-10.  That Bills team is now likely the best team in the AFCE.  Buffalo is approximately 2 years ahead of the Jets in their rebuild.  I don't claim to know for sure whether Gase is the right guy or not, but it always seems darkest before the dawn.

Darkness has been ongoing for 50+ years...

• Upvote 1

I’ve always hated Chris Johnson and new he was a complete sh*thead p*ssy from day 1. We will not have any success with a Johnson in charge with coach and GM reporting separately to them. It won’t work. 

Even if Joe Douglas has a vision and is a good GM, he is only 1 part of the equation and we cannot attract a good head coach unless they see actual change. The only way to show that is for JD to have full control and the Johnsons get the f*ck out of the way.

No head coach will come here until this happens. No free agents will come here unless we have a good coach and credibility. The only free agents that come here cash in and retire. We can’t even use FA right now to acquire players because we are a joke and they just take advantage of us and rightfully so. 

It all starts at the top and realistic change at the top Is the only way to get a good coach at this point. Realistic change isn’t a change of ownership. It’s being a silent owner and getting the f*ck out of everyone’s way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Easy media appearance for Johnson:  "Good afternoon.  I am an imbecile and have no concept of how to operate a professional football team or any enterprise which requires intellect and aplomb.  I don't have time for questions as my afternoon is devoted to my great aunt and I who will be counting our money in the family reading room.   Thank you and please help yourself to the refreshment table.  I've even asked cook to include club sandwiches and dill-flavored gouda turkey burgers, a Johnson family favorite.  Please enjoy."  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Or he and Gase are sick and tired of the media hitpiece mafia and knows that next Monday the stupid fans will be lapping up every word spoken by the opportunists flying airplanes for YouTube views and he's nipping it in the bud before it starts.

He's controlling the message.  This works very well for Trump, confusing as all hell and keeps the media on the defensive.  Smart move by CJ.

SAR I

"These fans are outta control. I know, let's throw them some red meat doused in diesel."

They aren't firing an coach after Week 1, no matter how awful the debacle.

Sadly though spare a season or 3, you could have recorded this during most Jets seasons during the Johnson Error and changed NOTHING except the head coach's name. For some reason, the Johnsons hire the most reasonable and bland coaching choice.

There's a big difference between wanting to win and say, getting whiny because Matt Rhule had the unmitigated gall to want to choose his own coaching staff.  

Simply do not understand how while being in the same division with a Pats' offense that scores points like a Madden whiz kid for going on a 3rd decade, Jets ALWAYS have a totally sheetbag offense. How the f__ is it looks like the offense met for the very first time at a drunken tailgate right before game time. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

They aren't firing an coach after Week 1, no matter how awful the debacle.

Sadly though spare a season or 3, you could have recorded this during most Jets seasons during the Johnson Error and changed NOTHING except the head coach's name. For some reason, the Johnsons hire the most reasonable and bland coaching choice.

There's a big difference between wanting to win and say, getting whiny because Matt Rhule had the unmitigated gall to want to choose his own coaching staff.  

Simply do not understand how while being in the same division with a Pats' offense that scores points like a Madden whiz kid for going on a 3rd decade, Jets ALWAYS have a totally sheetbag offense. How the f__ is it looks like the offense met for the very first time at a drunken tailgate right before game time. 

Gase is here another 2 years minimum even if we go 1-15

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’ve always hated Chris Johnson and new he was a complete sh*thead p*ssy from day 1. We will not have any success with a Johnson in charge with coach and GM reporting separately to them. It won’t work. 

Even if Joe Douglas has a vision and is a good GM, he is only 1 part of the equation and we cannot attract a good head coach unless they see actual change. The only way to show that is for JD to have full control and the Johnsons get the f*ck out of the way.

No head coach will come here until this happens. No free agents will come here unless we have a good coach and credibility. The only free agents that come here cash in and retire. We can’t even use FA right now to acquire players because we are a joke and they just take advantage of us and rightfully so. 

It all starts at the top and realistic change at the top Is the only way to get a good coach at this point. Realistic change isn’t a change of ownership. It’s being a silent owner and getting the f*ck out of everyone’s way. 

Should’ve gotten McCarthy. Boring? Yes. Old school? Probably. But would’ve gone a long way to reestsblish this team as a non-joke.

Imagine if midway through 2018 season someone on here advocated hiring Gase if he was fired from Miami. The butt fumbles/down votes would’ve set a record. But now we have to all pretend this was a savvy move? PUHLEEEEASE.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Sadly true. They've given a long leash to some really bad coaches. 

Don’t want to buy out that contract. As I’ve said, Johnsons are the Max Bialystok of the NFL. They (correctly) realized long ago they can make more with a cheap loser than an expensive winner. Maybe they’re not as dumb as we think.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Very upset that the owner didn’t come out and say he has zero confidence in his offensively stupid-head coach after Week One. I’m gonna call Steve Somers later and go HAM

Yeah, and the offensive genius did such a bang up job last year with his 32nd ranked offense. He sucks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Should’ve gotten McCarthy. Boring? Yes. Old school? Probably. But would’ve gone a long way to reestsblish this team as a non-joke.

Imagine if midway through 2018 season someone on here advocated hiring Gase if he was fired from Miami. The butt fumbles/down votes would’ve set a record. But now we have to all pretend this was a savvy move? PUHLEEEEASE.

I am not a McCarthy fan but it would have at least been “the obvious” choice and least criticized which would help gain credibility. Oh well.