Christopher Johnson addresses the media...

BROOKLYN JET

I understand publicly supporting your coach (who I think is dreadful in every way BTW).  But to insult our intelligence and suggest that Gase is some kind of offensive wizard is pure arrogance and stupidity of the highest order.  They were basically dead last all last year and are putrid right now.

I'm telling you all.  The only way to make an impact is to boycott the team.  Stop paying money.  No tix.  No hats.  No parking.  Cut it off.  

What Chris Johnson just said out loud is laughable.  What a freakin moron.

Also, while I'm at it, remember that the Johnson family (Chris, Woody, etc.), not their grandparents, have done nothing and have essentially FUBAR'd everything they've been associated with.  Do a few Google searches if you're so inclined.  These guys screw up everything they touch.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is this a normal scheduled press conference? 

If not, I'm very worried as to why he even opened his mouth instead of JD. 

Gase and JD basically signed up for 3-4 years of dealing with a buffoon in exchange for millions of dollars and no direction/expectations. Rinse repeat soon enough. These guys are laughing to the bank.

37 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's not unusual. The Steelers and Chiefs do it the same way(GM and HC both report to team pres/CEO).

We just complain because the team sucks.

They don't have an interim owner who knows very little about football.  Big difference, I'm not saying it can't be done but for the structure and team in-house it just doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Can the Johnson's please just let the football people make these decisions?  It's time to remove this structure of the HC and GM reporting to the owner.  They gave Joe Douglas a 6 year contract, he's brought in an experienced group to run the front office, let them do their job and stay out of it.  How would Christopher Johnson really know better than Joe and his team if Gase is a good Head Coach? It's a ridiculous thought and poor management.

Where and how does a random wealthy person come off running a billion dollar enterprise which he knows NOTHING about. Nothing! He could have fooled us if he tried but he is so clearly out of his element. This just should not be allowed. One know nothing hands over the reins to an even less know nothing. 

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

the word "seems").  The roster is a mess and it's not Joe Douglas' fault (yet).  But CJ should have been much more open-minded about whether Adam Gase is the right guy.  He doesn't have to throw him under the bus but he shouldn't give such a large endorsement.  Would have been very easy to say something like, "Adam Gase has been in a tough spot as we work to improve this roster and overcome injuries.  There have been positive signs, Coach Gase has a strong background with offenses, and we expect to win games here.  I'm looking forward to seeing our improvement as we get closer to having our full complement of players."  Chris could have been

He doth protest too much. There must be some kind of uprising brewing, or at least serious heavy duty criticism. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A "brilliant offensive mind".

This has been my concern about Gase all along. He may very well be extremely knowledgeable and creative when talking football concepts and theories....especially to those who know a lot less than he does. He may be a Xs and Os, white board genius.

The problem is a head football coach needs to be able to also effectively communicate his ideas and concepts to his assistants and players. He needs to know the intricacies of what is needed to execute his concepts and theories (techniques) and also recognize and adjust those ideas when they don't fit his personnel or when the opposition has figured out how to stop them.

My analogy would be a military officer who excels in knowing military history, theory and tactics and can dazzle with his knowledge in a presentation or classroom. However, drop that same officer into a combat situation and they do not know how to think, lead and react under fire or adjust when their initial strategy has come undone due to changing circumstances.

This, my fear, is Adam Gase. A football "bookworm" but not a head coach. I don't think he's even ever played the game. Almost like a kid who calls plays on Madden and thinks they know football.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I understand publicly supporting your coach (who I think is dreadful in every way BTW).  But to insult our intelligence and suggest that Gase is some kind of offensive wizard is pure arrogance and stupidity of the highest order.  They were basically dead last all last year and are putrid right now.

I'm telling you all.  The only way to make an impact is to boycott the team.  Stop paying money.  No tix.  No hats.  No parking.  Cut it off.  

What Chris Johnson just said out loud is laughable.  What a freakin moron.

Also, while I'm at it, remember that the Johnson family (Chris, Woody, etc.), not their grandparents, have done nothing and have essentially FUBAR'd everything they've been associated with.  Do a few Google searches if you're so inclined.  These guys screw up everything they touch.

Just humor me and play the game. Swap Gase and Andy Reid with everything else remaining the same . Would we be saying the same things about Reid - its not just the HC people . 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

CJ calling Gase a brilliant offensive mind is trolling on the level of Trump accusing Ted Cruz's father of assassinating Kennedy. 

And, in fairness, CJ did not say that Gase is a good HC. There is a difference, and he has left lots of room to toss Gase aside if the team continues to play like a poorly coached team.

Trump had 10x more evidence for his statement - and he had no evidence 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Trump had 10x more evidence for his statement - and he had no evidence 

It was ridiculously hilarious when Trump said it, but rather then laugh it off, Cruz wasted time and effort seeking evidence to prove it wrong.

The same goes for CJ calling Gase a brilliant offensive mind. --- Laugh it off. Don't waste your time proving a ridiculous statement wrong. I would only worry if CJ said Gase was a good HC. The statement he made was basically CJ trying to give his HC a public show of support without actually doing so. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

If he fired Macc sooner he may have not gotten Douglas.  He should be more worried about his opinion of what constitutes brilliance.

Gase is brilliant in the same way Battlefield Earth was a brilliant piece of cinema.

Gase lobbied to the Johnson’s to get Maccagnan fired in order to hire his friend. Gase and Douglas are tied at the hip and laughing to the bank. They knew going in this was a paycheck first.

• Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

On the positive side, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that CJ recognizes he made a mistake in not letting Maccagnan go sooner.  This COULD be a positive harbinger that he won't waste time firing Gase IF that's what needs to be done.  Let's hope that CJ is learning to be as cutthroat as Joe Douglas.....  I'd have no problem if CJ speaks highly of Gase throughout the season, puts some wind at the HC's back and then, if this team loses most of its games with a healthier roster down the stretch CJ cuts him loose on Black Monday.  These are business decisions.

The owner of the team was so clueless he didn't realize Macc should've been let go sooner?  Any Jet fan who was even casually paying attention could've told him that.

And he won't get rid of Gase early.  He's awestruck by him.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So it sounds like CJ's priority was to not embarrass Mac over the long term success of his team. Admitting it was a mistake to not fire him sooner is good, but does he really understand why?

Like, really guy? 

it's a bad look saying this today.  he should have waited after a few more losses.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gase lobbied to the Johnson’s to get Maccagnan fired in order to hire his friend. Gase and Douglas are tied at the hip and laughing to the bank. They knew going in this was a paycheck first.

I don’t believe this for 1 second regarding Joe Douglas. This guy has worked his way up through a lot of scouting, film work, this is his life. The guy will be canonized if he turns this moribund Franchise around. He didn’t take this job to fail & the Johnsons have never been afraid to spend money. 
Just look at all the horrifically bad free agent contracts these guys have signed off on. At least now we have a guy warning them to not take the cheese. 

• Upvote 1