Whats up with Jaleel Scott, Cager, Moncrief, Etc?

JetBlue

It is like we are down to three healthy receivers in Perriman, Hogan and Berrios.  I don't understand why we have not promoted anyone from the PS.   It really seems that we are undervaluing the wide receiver position and I really don't understand why.   I know Scott is brand new but Cager and Jeff Smith has been practicing with the team for month and should be familiar with all the playbook.  What is the harm in activating one of them for the game just in case someone else goes down?    

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Your meds are no secret you are listed as a hazardous material site in Hell's Kitchen is it Dirt Rd or Tobacco Rd. 

The only drugs befitting a Jets fan are Night Train and Thunderbird. Don't ask me how I know this, journalistic source protection! Oh, fine, I am invoking my 5th Amendment Right and refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. I mean, others. Gotta go. Time for some Champipple.

Our wide receiver corp is some epic heap of the trash bin turd burgers. Imagine how bad anyone who we don't bring up or promote must be? Hogan is about as sh*t as a player can be while somehow still cashing an NFL check. That idiot should be maintaining the greens at the Alpine Country Club. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, pointman said:

Our wide receiver corp is some epic heap of the trash bin turd burgers. Imagine how bad anyone who we don't bring up or promote must be? Hogan is about as sh*t as a player can be while somehow still cashing an NFL check. That idiot should be maintaining the greens at the Alpine Country Club. 

Don't let @The Crusher catch you besmirching trash bin burgers!

• Haha 4

Gases system is too complicated to bring up a receiver that hasn't been in his system for at least 6 weeks - which is a problem in a lot of ways. Either that or they are all injured. Maybe both. Either way Gase is to blame for this mess and so is Douglas as far as Im concerned - and make no mistake half this team is a mess right now!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

It is like we are down to three healthy receivers in Perriman, Hogan and Berrios.  I don't understand why we have not promoted anyone from the PS.   It really seems that we are undervaluing the wide receiver position and I really don't understand why.   I know Scott is brand new but Cager and Jeff Smith has been practicing with the team for month and should be familiar with all the playbook.  What is the harm in activating one of them for the game just in case someone else goes down?    

Iniured

Injured  Aaaaaaand 

Injured 

8 hours ago, heymangold said:

It’s simple.  They’re tanking.  JD is hoping for 1 overall to fire Gase and start over.

He should do what the Johnsons never do and fire him midseason if that's the case.  Get an interim coach in here and direct him what to do (I.E. play the young guys, and bench Darnold when needed).  Otherwise we run the risk of winning late season meaningless games. 

Of course, we might do this regardless of who is coaching.  In fact, an Interim coach might do better.  So maybe staying the course is the correct strategy....

• Upvote 2

We've got 4 spots available (2 active roster spots and the 2 temporary PS activations).

We protected 4 guys on the PS this week, so I'd guess they are the most likely options to fill those spots for the Niners game.

Those guys are Josh Adams, Josh Malone, Javelin Guidry, and Alec Ogletree.

It's possible that Crowder being hurt (and Perine having a chance to play) might lead to Adams being left on the PS, and an extra WR being called up instead. In that case, my money would be on DJ Montgomery.

19 hours ago, mrcoops said:

We've got 4 spots available (2 active roster spots and the 2 temporary PS activations).

We protected 4 guys on the PS this week, so I'd guess they are the most likely options to fill those spots for the Niners game.

Those guys are Josh Adams, Josh Malone, Javelin Guidry, and Alec Ogletree.

It's possible that Crowder being hurt (and Perine having a chance to play) might lead to Adams being left on the PS, and an extra WR being called up instead. In that case, my money would be on DJ Montgomery.

I thought Josh Adams should have been given more of an opportunity last year, he looked decent in his limited reps.   I would love to see him get 15 or so carries just to see what he has.  What could possibly be the downside?  It’s better than watching a 37 year old RB eat up carries between the tackles all day. 

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I thought Josh Adams should have been given more of an opportunity last year, he looked decent in his limited reps.   I would love to see him get 15 or so carries just to see what he has.  What could possibly be the downside?  It’s better than watching a 37 year old RB eat up carries between the tackles all day. 

If perine is ready, then that’s your answer.  It just seems as if douglas is truly prepping for next offseason when he can unload a lot more bad players and contracts and build the team much more substantially from the draft, beginning with Lawrence or fields.  From douglas’ perspective, if mims and perine play well during the 2nd half of the season and another guy like v smith comes around, the offfense is all set up to add one high draft pick wr and OL and stick your new qb in there, and then get the new HC and all of a sudden douglas is the last man standing there and gets all the credit.

39 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

15 carries? Oh man that would be awesome. Just hopefully not up the guy on every second down