Do you have a walk-away/take a break point? What is it?

jgb

At what point do you walk away/take a break from this team?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. At what point do you walk away/take a break from this team?

• No walk away point. Green for life!
    • Jets don't fire Gase at the bye
    • Jets go 0-16
    • Jets keep Gase for 2021
    • Jets secure #1 pick and Lawrence announces he's picking up a double major in order to stay in school
    • Jets have top 3 pick and don't take a QB
    • Jets have #1 pick and take a QB not named "Trevor Lawrence"
    • Jets draft Lawrence and he refuses to sign/forces a trade
    • Jets fire Gase but re-hire Rex to replace him
    • Jets fire Gase but hire Coach X (specify in chat) to replace him
    • I'm already at/passed my walk away point

I’m not watching football for the time being for whatever reasons and the jets are at an all time terrible, yet I’m still here reading about them daily, so I guess I’d have to go with the only way I’m out is if they relocate the team outside the metro area and even them I’m not sure I’d be completely out.  Ima glutton for punishment 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I used to live, breathe, and sleep Jets football. Over the last 10 years, excluding a brief flash in the pan in 2015, I've become numb to it. They suck. I hope that one year they will start to develop some young and exciting players, but I'm not holding my breath. I watch the games. Heck, I'm payed to watch the home games. But, I think that if Gase continues past this year, I'll stop.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

I used to live, breathe, and sleep Jets football. Over the last 10 years, excluding a brief flash in the pan in 2015, I've become numb to it. They suck. I hope that one year they will start to develop some young and exciting players, but I'm not holding my breath. I watch the games. Heck, I'm payed to watch the home games. But, I think that if Gase continues past this year, I'll stop.

Fireman Ed, is that you? (btw i believe it's spelled paid.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

How do yo I get paid to watch the games?? I hope it’s a huge salary. Betting against jets is another way to get paid to watch...

I'm know I'm one of the lucky few that was able to see the glory DAY in 1969 lol... There are a few of us still left on this board, but for you younger guys, I feel bad for you. I know cause I still stick with this team through thick and thin... I have not watched but maybe one game this year, because the streams are not that good anymore. For some reason when I first did it via Reddit, they were great, but now they are all choppy and somewhat unwatchable. That said, I believe and have said this that until we get some football lifer that becomes President of Football Operations, and the Johnson's agree to stay out of any football operations, this franchise is doomed to continue this failure. I believe JD is a good GM, but even he has to be wondering why he took this job. I would love to be a fly on the wall to know if he truly believes in AG, cause I have to be wondering if he's starting to have his doubts... He needs to grow a pair and tell CJ that it's time for a change in HC of the NYJ...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I can’t remember the last time I cared about a win or loss. Maybe the Fitz meltdown in Buffalo but other than that this team has been completely irrelevant. They really should move the franchise out of New York, perhaps when Woody returns. How they have anyone still willingly paying for season tickets is a miracle.

• Upvote 1

For me, sports fandom is like an appendage (no, not that appendage). Although it was not something that I was born with, it is a part of me and not something that I can ever lose.

That said, the results that my teams give on a week to week basis (football) or day to day do not give me pause in how they affect my feelings. Certainly not as much as in the past. That is because of several factors. Foremost, I believe I have matures (yes, really), and the results of games are far less important than other factors in my life. Sports is a sidelight. Secondly, this is probably because my teams have generally stunk and there has to be a numbing effect. But, I do have one of the 4 premier sports leagues that a team is regularly successful and a champion. I follow that team with less fervor than I did previously.

My enjoyment of sports these days is more talking about it with friends, and secondarily, watching how teams are built and the philosophy around that. That is a more nuanced exercise. Results, primarily because it is based on players and parts that are unpredictable is not as great a joy. Particularly in football, which continues to be diminished as a sport, in my mind. I am sure the Jets play a lead role in that opinion.

• Upvote 2

I'm a Jet for life.  My resume speaks for itself and don't need to justify it to any of the thread killers on this site.  That said, the ineptitude of this franchise had made me reevaluate how much of my time and money I'm willing to invest.  

I went fly fishing last weekend during the Jets game.  Had a tremendous afternoon with some buddies.  

That experience was significantly more enjoyable than watching a team that confounds me with stupidity more and more each week.

I'm a huge Jets fan.  I take the same amount of crap everyone does from your friends.  I'm just so fed up with our owners and the support of this coach that I can't support it anymore.

This is rock bottom for me...

• Upvote 2

For this household Johnny, it was about halftime during the second game of the season and we haven't been back since. It's a damn shame too, because as troubled as this world has become and the dire need to find some lighthearted entertainment to take our minds off of it, it became painfully clear that the 2020 New York Jets were not going to be any kind of a viable distraction. Seeing Woody Johnson's name linked to a political scandal was just another reminder of the gigantic pile of dung that this team under these owners have become. 

It's amazing when you stop and think about it that the night A DECADE AGO, when Bart Scott confidently spoke those famous last words "Cant WAIT" would be the LAST MEANINGFUL GAME that we were to ever see. Because nothing will ever be that good unless they sell the Jets, and they will never do it, so football is pretty much a done deal in mine, and my family's lives, 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think this thread does bring up a point that should be impossible for CJ to miss, even as dumb as he is.

Ive had the Jets and season tickets in my family for 52 years.  Love football and follow the team throughout the season/offseason and participate on this board frequently.  Even in the years when the season is over by November 15th, there has been interest in young players, the draft etc.

The issue with 2020 and specifically with Adam Gase as the HC of this team is that they have sapped a TON of interest from me and I assume others.  I barely watched the game vs arizona because 1. I dont care what Joe Flacco does and 2. as a football fan I cannot stomach a coach who appears to be doing the exact opposite of every other offense in the league.  We are uninspired, dont execute, and even if there is some tiny level of execution, the plays dont even get the desired result.  And then the HC blames the players - im just not gonna watch that.

What CJ needs to see is that when he starts asking people for 2021 ticket money, hoping to get us to pay $35 parking, buy $10 beers and new jerseys, if Gase is here people aren't gonna come back and the Jets will lose them forever.  He barely filled that disgrace of a stadium pre-pandemic, and even if somehow Trevor Lawrence is here, if its with this inept staff, it won't matter.

Yours is the particular opinion that should worry the Johnsons.

• Upvote 2