Trevor Lawrence is the answer: MERGED

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

Why in the world would you wanna play for the jets?

Draft picks have very little choice in the matter, so....

Last year there were rumors that Burrow would dodge the Bengals, too.  It didn't happen.  

And even in the unlikely event that it does, oh well.  Move on and take Fields.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

Why in the world would you wanna play for the jets? We have the most pathetic franchise in the nfl. I would retire immediately if I was drafted by the jets.

Lets face it... We have gase leading us thru this hell and we gotta let him work

#LotsOfWoodToChop

Because which team that sucks bad enough to pick TL would be an ideal situation.  You know who are the most pathetic team in the NFL, woe is me, we suck, no one is worse, I like it too

#TrollsAreOut

56 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

You’re right. He’s expecting for the first overall pick to be SB winners this year. 

Newsflash: the #1 overall pick is given to a team that’s complete garbage. That’s always the case. 

Tbf, this may just be the most garbage team of all garbage teams in NFL history.

But I still doubt he stays in school. If he really believes in himself than he has so much to gain from winning in New York.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because which team that sucks bad enough to pick TL would be an ideal situation.  You know who are the most pathetic team in the NFL, woe is me, we suck, no one is worse, I like it too

#TrollsAreOut

HA! Were 0-6 and we would get mollywhopped by the 0-16 lions, Pal.

Get a load of this glass half full guy over here... 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

HA! Were 0-6 and we would get mollywhopped by the 0-16 lions, Pal.

Get a load of this glass half full guy over here... 

Sure we would.

And their history is better than ours because of your one year fantasy 

Because the Lions, the Browns etc have better histories.  Woe is me, the black cloud follows us.  We're the worst, sob..

The more I think about it the more I think all these Lawrence fanboys are living in an alternate reality. What makes you think drafting another FQB prospect will change anything on this team. I don't even know why I am bothering rooting for this team..what they did to Darnold should be against the law. 

• Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure we would.

And their history is better than ours because of your one year fantasy 

Because the Lions, the Browns etc have better histories.  Woe is me, the black cloud follows us.  We're the worst, sob..

Do you legitimately see one winnable game left on the schedule? If so please enlighten me

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Tbf, this may just be the most garbage team of all garbage teams in NFL history.

But I still doubt he stays in school. If he really believes in himself than he has so much to gain from winning in New York.

If you’re guaranteed to go first overall, you have no reason left behind to go back to school. You can’t improve on that position and there’s no guarantee Jets won’t be #1 again a year later if you don’t declare. in fact, I have faith Jets would stink again next year without TL (and maybe even with TL). 

IIRC, the guarantee part is the only thing Manning wanted and Parcells refused. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Life said:

He’s coming out for sure. It’s 2020 not 1998. Too much money involved now 

Incorrect. Peyton signed at $46M contract in 1998. Joe Burrow signed a $36M contract last year, and this doesn't even factor in inflation.

High-drafted rookies are paid much less (in real and adjusted) dollars than 20 years ago due to rookie wage scale. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

There is zero risk of him going back to school. The only question is if he would pull an Eli Manning and what the Jets would do in that scenario.

Anyone who thinks the risk is zero I would gladly bet on him staying in school at 10,000:1 odds. PM me.

It’s a Draft Day reference, I think.
Unfortunately, that’s a movie and this is an actual live train wreck into a garbage dump built over an Indian burial group on a nuclear weapon test site.
What is more likely to turn this team around? Trevor Lawrence… or the 3 1st round picks plus we can get for him?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1