No serious offers for Quinnen as of yet

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They should keep QW.   His college film was totally dominant.  Gregg Williams has him in the wrong scheme. 

This kid could become a terror.

i think you mean like 10 games against lesser talented teams - he was totally dominant. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i think you mean like 10 games against lesser talented teams - he was totally dominant. 

Yeah, maybe.  But I saw games where he was strong enough to throw guys out of the way... and quick enough to split double teams.  

I can quit on draft picks pretty fast if I see nothing.  Calvin Pryor, Darron Lee, and Devin Smith are good examples.  Knew they sucked right away.

Gregg Williams has Quinnen out of position far too often.  He is a 4-3 DT, and Gregg mostly goes 3-4... at least based on what I have read.  I havent been watching much.  Hardly at all actually.  This team aint worth my time on Sundays.

I am not quitting on Quinnen until he is schemed where he is supposed to be. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Yeah, maybe.  But I saw games where he was strong enough to throw guys out of the way... and quick enough to split double teams.  

I can quit on draft picks pretty fast if I see nothing.  Calvin Pryor, Darron Lee, and Devin Smith are good examples.  Knew they sucked right away.

Gregg Williams has Quinnen out of position far too often.  He is a 4-3 DT, and Gregg mostly goes 3-4... at least based on what I have read.  I havent been watching much.  Hardly at all actually.  This team aint worth my time on Sundays.

I agree.....if you put a guy in a good position to succeed, and he doesn't, time to move on. The Jets haven't done this with Q. Still despise the pick, based on position, but give him a chance to do what he is good at. It's an age old Jet problem, fit square pegs into round holes. I would love to see them try a 4-3 of Franklin Meyers, Q, Futakasi and Zunigna.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Maybe if GW left in the game for more than 50% of the snaps and didn't ask him to drop into coverage, the results would be better. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Quinnen has played very well this year and getting better every game. He is astronomically more talented than anyone they can dream of getting in the second round. So yes he is worth more than that.

You're supposed to just put up a pic of a big mac and pretend Q is horrible.

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Connor should have his press credentials removed for the sheer stupidity of suggesting they would take a second rounder for last years third overall pick.

Douglas didn't make the pick.  That part is irrelevant.  

Leonard Williams was a former # 6 overall pick. He got rid of him for a 3 and a 5.  And we very clearly won that trade.

50 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

But people screamed at me all offseason that Gregg Williams changes up his schemes and would run a lot of 4-3.  

• Post of the Week 1

I could certainly turn down a 2nd round pick for Quinnen, laughing at the other team's bare-faced effrontery for suggesting such low trade compensation.

He is playing well, and improving every week. I'm not giving him away for a 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just imagine where we'd be had we drafted TJ Hackeysack over Q like many were advocating.  In Gases O hed look like Antonio Gates in his prime rather than the very mediocre player he is with the Lions.

The lack of quality talent at the top of that draft board does not make Quinnen Williams a good pick by default.

But even having said that....For all of your hate on Josh Allen because the Jaguars' record is bad, he has 12.5 Sacks, 2 FF's, 49 QB Pressures, 17 QB Hurries and 19 QB Knockdowns in 20 games played.  This despite only playing a little over 50 % of the snaps for the team since he arrived. 

He's a situational pass rusher, yes.  But he's a disruptive one.  The best option would have been to trade down.  The 2nd best option would have been Josh Allen.

EDGE guys who specialize in the 3-4 are hard to find.  Macc instead took the 4-3 DT.

• Upvote 1