Alex Lewis benched after argument with Gase ... Gase told Lewis “Get the f*** out”

Rhg1084

20 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This locker room seems pretty content with 0-11. Maybe Lewis farted in Gase’s office and he told him to “Get the f*ck out”. I would totally understand and actually support Gase it this happened. 

The locker room seems content with 0-11? Where did you pull this nonsense out from?

The players seem to be playing hard every Sunday. Do you want to see the players crying after every game? 

Maybe they're just a bad team, with a bad head coach with an organization doing whatever it can to make sure the team doesn't win games.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The locker room seems content with 0-11? Where did you pull this nonsense out from?

The players seem to be playing hard every Sunday. Do you want to see the players crying after every game? 

Maybe they're just a bad team, with a bad head coach with an organization doing whatever it can to make sure the team doesn't win games.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here but you should probably calm down. It’ll be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This was my speculation when we heard he got benched.

This is yet another reason why gase needed to be fired long ago.

Let's let this assclown screw up other parts of the team for the next two months all because oh noes we have to tank.

This crap was happening with Gase in Miami. He gets fired, intentionally it seems. His offenses suck. Chris puts him at the top of his list. Gase wouldnt even have been on the "see how he evaluates our team" list of candidates. I like Alex Lewis more today as there is an 80% or greater chance he had a suggestion for improvement that Gase took as extreme criticism. 

• Upvote 4

Gase knows he's done and we could be in for other stories from "inside the building" before this is over. Gase seems like an impulsive individual. I actually think that if he was older, and not interested in another job in the NFL, he would pull a Lou Holtz and quit. Either way, it should be interesting.

JETS baby.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

OMG, a player and a head coach had an argument that ended in discipline.  Stop the presses!  Start the outrage machine!  

You Mets fans are so gullible.  

SAR I

When your team is 0-11, not losing the buy-in of the players is all that's left.  Maybe this is an isolated incident but, at this point, we have every reason to be suspicious that it isn't.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Can anyone remember a story about a player taking a swing at a coach? I can't remember off the top of my head (except for Sprewell, but that was technically a choke)

I seem to remember Lenny Randle, who later went to the Mets, attacking Manager Frank Lucchesi when they were both with the Texas Rangers. Also the Billy Martin Ed Whitson thing but that one may have started with the Manager being a nasty drunk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Can anyone remember a story about a player taking a swing at a coach? I can't remember off the top of my head (except for Sprewell, but that was technically a choke)

Easy, best one ever, Yankee pitcher Eddie Lee Whitson beat the sh*t out of manager Billy Martin and broke Martins arm

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

If the locker room isnt a disaster at 0-11 it's not going to be any worse for the wear on the way to 0-16. 

Ownership is riding the Gase train to the end of the season/when their draft slot is secure, whichever comes first, no matter how many of these stories go out. 

facts

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny story, I used to work with Al Lewis, helped him do commercials for his "Grandpas" restaurant in the village 

GrandpaMunster-2.thumb.jpg.e6aac659cd93703b4de660c01ec75724.jpg

Haha, I remember walking past it one night at 4:00 a.m. in the late 80s. I'm pretty sure it was on Bleecker Street; but I clearly recall the frosted glass door with his face on it. I know I'm right about that last part. Mind like a camera.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

OMG, a player and a head coach had an argument that ended in discipline.  Stop the presses!  Start the outrage machine!  

You Mets fans are so gullible.  

SAR I

This same bunch of whiners used to kill Todd Bowles for being too soft on these same losing players. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Haha, I remember walking past it one night at 4:00 a.m. in the late 80s. I'm pretty sure it was on Bleecker Street; but I clearly recall the frosted glass door with his face on it. I know I'm right about that last part. Mind like a camera.

Yes it was on Bleecker St, you got it right.  

• Upvote 1