How Jets will resolve Sam Darnold dilemma? Todd McShay has a hunch

Bronx

35 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Wait didn’t Arizona use this same play with Rosen up until draft day? I forget anyone remember?

Yea there was a similar conversation....

The people who hang on the media’s every word will hang on the ledge till draft night but there’s no reason for JD to show his hand right now....at all! 

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean it’s easy to say “Keep Darnold” when it’s not your job or income at jeopardy.

I just can’t think of any logical reason why any coach or GM would hitch their wagon to a QB on such short rope. 

i feel this is more click bait for us low hanging fruit Jet fans. I mean they’ve been doing it all season with the tank BS, so why would they stop now? Especially being the offseason  

I think they feel most of the fan base are done with Darnold and this will draw clicks 

it's easy to say cut so and so when it's not your job or income in jeopardy...yet people do it all day every day.

46 minutes ago, genot said:

Douglas isn't making a decision based on his beliefs alone. He has a network of people who've been in the league for years who might have their own view on Darnold. Not too mention the dozen or so interviews he's conducting for HC, wh'e're im sure QB's have been discussed. If Douglas sticks with Darnold, they're have to be sound reasons why. For anyone on tbis board,(including me), to say. That they can't be right, is absurd.

The real question is, how many doubters will man up, and apologize if he turns his career around.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not that I want to keep Darnold, but he would have outplayed Tannehill, Rivers, and Wilson this weekend.

Food for thought.

SAR I

The Sam Darnold takeaway from this weekend is that he could be improved upon by scouring the ranks of XFL back ups.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sam Darnold is a scrub.  Against Wink's defense today?  He'd have thrown three picks and gotten sacked five times.  11/33/0TDs/3 INTs.

I'm no Darnold fan any more, but we're not exactly seeing exceptional QB play in the playoffs save Lamar Jackson who is Barry Sanders disguised as a quarterback.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Joe Douglas could have put this argument of Darnold staying or not to bed.  All he had to say was, "Darnold is our QB today and our QB going forward".  But he didn't say that.  What's the mystery here?  If Darnold is our QB next season I will be surprised.  In three years I've yet to say this is our franchise QB, and I am glad we have him.  You can make all the excuses you want for him...I've stated them myself.  Coaching, schemes, not enough weapons, etc., you know the drill.  BUT, AT LEAST ONCE SHOW ME SOMETHING TO MAKE ME THINK YOU'RE "IT"...time to move on people.  Get what you can for him and let's start anew like we're doing with everything else.  Let the GM, new HC pick their own "franchise" and then if it doesn't work out, it's on them.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, genot said:

All i have to say is when Darnold realizes his potential with a real coach and more surrounding talent the detractors should get a hold of Darnold and say the following

59049dc9-6c18-4650-9e0a-03c92a6c8a7d_text (1).gif

Really?  What coaching and weapons did Watson have in Texas this year.  You couldn't trade Darnold to the Texans straight up...come on, Darnold doesn't have it.  He hasn't shown a hint of having it.  You can't always blame everything else around you, sometimes you have to step into the light and light it up...he hasn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

Douglas isn't making a decision based on his beliefs alone. He has a network of people who've been in the league for years who might have their own view on Darnold. Not too mention the dozen or so interviews he's conducting for HC, wh'e're im sure QB's have been discussed. If Douglas sticks with Darnold, they're have to be sound reasons why. For anyone on tbis board,(including me), to say. That they can't be right, is absurd.

Thank you...

To compare Douglas to Bill O'Brien is utterly ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you...

To compare Douglas to Bill O'Brien is utterly ridiculous. 

So ridiculous to point out 2 people with GM powers but one gets criticized for his bad moves universally but to criticize Joe Douglas it’s “absurd”. 

Yes Bill O’Brien is no longer employed but it’s an example 

You should really find some business ?

• Upvote 1