2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

some of you are acting liek this thing is over before day 1 is even over. I think Joe is just sticking to the whole lets not be stupid in FA and build the team right approach. 

Give it time. not over paying two guys is not the end of the world. I bet if KC didnt come a knocking we would have had him in green and white,but not end of the world. Build through draft and get guys on team friendly deals. Plenty of players to that will upgrade the team left. 

We have to get through the suck before we are a good team and our crap roster will take time to rebuild, but by all accounts we are doing that right now, and not sabotaging the future. Dude lindsey is not a lock solid pick up. He could and very lieky will not repeat his season again. Even if he does we shouldnt be giving out that kind of money to him. 

Keep the faith in Joe! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Very dramatic 

The first day of FA under the Douglas regime, we’ve landed George Fant and Jarrad Davis, despite being flush with cap space and utterly devoid of talent in both phases during those two years.

People still want to pretend like Douglas was Ozzie Newsome’s right hand man in Baltimore for 15 years. He wasn’t. It was Phil Savage and then Eric DeCosta.

I loved the Douglas hire when it was made, but the people who are still deluding themselves into thinking that this guy is going to be a smashing success simply because of the people that he has been around previously...well, more power to you.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

One things for sure, unless things change drastically within the next 24 hours, I’m sure as hell not psyching myself up for FA anymore as long as Douglas is around.

I’m not even advocating going nuts and just throwing around money willy nilly. But one of the weakest areas on this team is the interior OL. You have the 2nd most cap space in the league with two premium interior OL smack dab in their primes (who are perfect scheme fits) hit the market...and you don’t land either. Hell, one you supposedly don’t even make an offer to...

The Douglas honeymoon is over

NFL history is riddled with scouts/assistant GM’s who came from good organizations and then sh*t the bed once they were made the head honcho elsewhere.

I better see a Golladay/Hendrickson combo within the next 24 hours.

And I’m officially saying f*ck a QB at #2.

Roll with Darnold, trade down to #8 and grab Slater, and then go from there.

He can sniff your wettest fart...lips pressed ass smack on a dirty a$$hole.  Breathe it deep...into the lungs!!  Let that set and soak in.  Wet farts aside, Now let’s go sign Golladay, Hendrickson, Lawson.. and perhaps go from there..) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets8 said:

He can sniff your wettest fart...lips pressed ass smack on a dirty a$$hole.  Breathe it deep...into the lungs!!  Let that set and soak in.  Wet farts aside, Now let’s go sign Golladay, Hendrickson, Lawson.. and perhaps go from there..) 

Greatest line of all-time.

7 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I am very much anti-free agency, but I wanted Linsley in the worst way. A center like that can change an entire offense. Watch old tape of games when Mangold would be out here and there and contrast it to the offense when he was in there. A good center would have been critical in helping a young QB. With $80 million of cap space and no one else to spend it on, I would have gone all in on him.

I had hopes to rebuild this offensive line quickly into a force to be reckoned with. That opportunity is already gone.

Now, more than ever, I want Sewell at #2. Bring back Darnold, because I'm not drafting a guy now that's going to develop happy feet or a torn ACL by Week 4 of his career.

There is nothing fun about following this team. 

Nothing. 

I'm with you on Linsley.   Great player in the prime of his career who already knows the system and can help the rest of the line.