2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

I'm starting to think taking a flyer on Trai Turner may be worth the gamble.  Mutli-year all-pro who had one really bad season in SD (hence why they are bringing Thuney in).  Any insight on whether the bad year was an aberration or he's just done?

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas has to go! 

This day is the biggest show of incompetence from a Jets GM since drafting Hackenberg.

All that cap space with the worst roster in football. We watch Thuney, Zeitler, Linsley all go elsewhere. All very attainable. The latter not even enquired about. All while the Jets keep sporting the worst interior line in football. F*cking Zach Wilson liked we f*cked Sam. Again from pure incompetence from management.

Just a continuation from last years sh*tshow. Anderson lowballed away for inferior talent. Trash like Fant brought in instead of Jack Conklin, a guy who goes on anchor the best line in football. 

Just an absolute shambles of an organisation. The Johnsons and these clown GM’s need to be thrown into the sea. 

You know it’s called “free” agency, right? Meaning the players are not slaves or indentured servants. They are not necessarily lining up to come play here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Hmm. I hope Douglas took into account that Davis had AJ Brown taking coverage from the defence on the other side of him and Derrick Henry requiring opponents to scheme for him in the box. It doesn't look like an overpay but I don't think Davis gets close to those numbers in the 2021 Jets offence unless Douglas shores up the offensive line and puts other playmakers around the quarterback.

He put up similar numbers in 2018 when he was the # 1 option playing with Tajae Sharpe and Taywan Taylor.  I think  he will be fine with Mims and Crowder.

• Upvote 2

Not a fan of this signing. Especially after missing out on all the Guards. But better than nothing i guess, certainly needed and still need WR help.

Money better spent would be to sign 2 passrushers now and just focus on Offense in the draft. Hendrickson/Lawson would be nice but from how Douglas seems to operate, highly unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You know it’s called “free” agency, right? Meaning the players are not slaves or indentured servants. They are not necessarily lining up to come play here. 

Players come for money - There’s no loyalty to anyone. The Jets have the money and haven’t produced the players. And this isn’t the first time.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Well, I don't see them making an offer to Galloway now.

Davis will catch 58 balls next year from Darnold on the rare downs that the pressure up the middle isn't in his face.

Trade down. Draft 3-4 offensive lineman. 

Keep Darnold. Hope Seattle trades Wilson. Scoop up 2 top 10 picks in the 2022 draft.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Well, I don't see them making an offer to Galloway now.

Davis will catch 58 balls next year from Darnold on the rare downs that the pressure up the middle isn't in his face.

Trade down. Draft 3-4 offensive lineman. 

Keep Darnold. Hope Seattle trades Wilson. Scoop up 2 top 10 picks in the 2022 draft.

a$$hole Darnold is a ******* joke . Do not keep him.

Wilson has the quickest release in the draft, and he makes the oline look good. Draft him if you want to get good.