And you bros thought the Adam Gase press conference was bad?

T0mShane

I’ve had to do a few public speaking engagements, they get easier the more that you do them, but they are never easy. Only one time did I have a brain fart in the middle of one and it puts you on edge for the entire presentation.

• Upvote 2

I am so happy with Saleh and even more so after seeing the fustercluck of DET and now PHI's HC hires stumbling through their initial press conferences.  I remember how I felt watching Gase speak the first time.  Thank god it's someone else's problem now.

• Upvote 1

I don't belong to Twitter so it  wouldn't allow me to see it, that's always hit and miss; but certainly not enough for me to ever sign up for it.

Was it what he said or how he said it? If anybody recalls, Eric Mangini came across like a frumpy schlumpy schlub. I was surprised at the time that he didn't have a mustard stain on his shirt.

17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Mangini’s presser was bad too, he was shaking

Gase’s was epically bad

its nerve wracking I’m sure. The first time you go out in public as the dude.  

It's kinda funny, I would think speaking in front of a Football Team full of big, often angry, often aggressive men would cure most Coaches of public speaking fear pretty quick, but man, once those TV Cameras are on......yeah.  Anyone who is not a natural or trained public speaker know, trying to talk in front, while being a "subject matter expert" and answering questions live, it is TERRIFYING.  Been there, done that, albeit on a materially lesser level.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Whoa.  He had something written down?  It looked like he was reading something.  I'm scared to know what that man had written down if that's what came out of his mouth.  lol

Maybe he lost his place. It happens, plus TV cameras & snapping pictures from all over the room. It's not for everyone, and anyway it's something that's easy to get better at over time. Easier than coaching to a SB victory. 

Also things you write don't sound as eloquent when they're spoken. And if he did write it out on paper so formally, he's pre-forcing himself to go off script a bit, and you can easily get what you just saw.

Some guys think they can wing it without enough practice/rehearsing and then, whoops. Lol. Anyway, whether he's a good coach or not will have nothing to do with this presser. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Bieniemy should straight up sue the whole world

Forget Gase.  As bad as this is, I'm not even sure this was the worst HC initial press conference of this year.  The other guy sort of promised to bite kneecaps and rape daughters.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Who gives a f'ck.

There have been odd coaches.

Quiet coaches

Bombastic coaches

confident coaches

None of that means a thing.

It's like on this forum where physical appearance means so much to people, does the guy look like a player does the guy look like a coach.

Too funny.

Who cares?

There's at least ten thousand posts on this website about how Todd Bowles emotes.

• Post of the Week 1