Sounds like Russell Wilson’s camp is going scorched earth.

T0mShane

13 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

1) Russ' wife wants NY for her music career

2) Russ' idol growing up was Derek Jeter

3) The Seattle First next year has a real good shot of being a high pick

4) If Houston wants #2 they may get competition from Seattle

5) Robert Saleh was the defensive quality control coach when the first 2 years of Wilson's career when they won the Super Bowl

6) Since the Jets are on his list I'd have to imagine he has liked the 49ers offense that he has had to play against twice a year

7) F*ck Jamal, I hope Seattle goes 0-16

All that said, I still prefer Deshaun over Wilson due to age but either way we'd get a top 3 QB

Don’t forget, Russ is technically a New York Yankee, right?

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t think Russ is a right fit for this team. We’re in rebuild mode, and Wilson is exactly a spring chicken. I can’t see Douglas giving up a ton of picks for him 

I agree.  As starved as I am for a FQB, if I’m giving up 3 first rounders, I want the younger QB in Watson.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

1) Russ' wife wants NY for her music career

2) Russ' idol growing up was Derek Jeter

3) The Seattle First next year has a real good shot of being a high pick

4) If Houston wants #2 they may get competition from Seattle

5) Robert Saleh was the defensive quality control coach when the first 2 years of Wilson's career when they won the Super Bowl

6) Since the Jets are on his list I'd have to imagine he has liked the 49ers offense that he has had to play against twice a year

7) F*ck Jamal, I hope Seattle goes 0-16

All that said, I still prefer Deshaun over Wilson due to age but either way we'd get a top 3 QB

Ciara 2 Seattle:

image.jpeg.15e06a74815110c903e6bab876fdad24.jpeg

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait, is that a real tweet?

Based off the article it says this: 

By then, La Canfora had even listed possible trade destinations for Wilson: the Raiders, Dolphins, Saints and Jets among them.

If this is the article: 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-listening-to-russell-wilson-offers-wild-offseason-qb-carousel-spinning-at-another-level/

It sounds like La Canfora was just projecting some potential options and not based off anything...

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Based off the article it says this: 

By then, La Canfora had even listed possible trade destinations for Wilson: the Raiders, Dolphins, Saints and Jets among them.

If this is the article: 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-listening-to-russell-wilson-offers-wild-offseason-qb-carousel-spinning-at-another-level/

It sounds like La Canfora was just projecting some potential options and not based off anything...

Booooooooooooo

Man, teams are weird and I swear, it's like they never learn there lesson.  

Who you want to hang your hat on, Russ or 70 year old Pete Carroll who was a perennial loser in the NFL and cheater in college before Russ came to the rescue.  Below .500 until he got to Seattle, have only missed the playoffs 1 since, and they were still 9-7.  

Look at BB and the Pats.  They're ****ed because they chose a perennial loser over the guy who brought them glory.

Unfortunately, the Jets never take advantage of these situations.  So that's fun! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

52 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The NFL is going through some changes.  Whether Watson or Wilson are traded this off-season, the tooth paste is out if the tube now and superstar movement will eventually become "normal".  Doubt it will ever be NBA or MLB level, but things are changing 

And I'm sure this will upset the "SHUT UP AND PLAY, YOU'RE NOTHING BUT PROPERTY!" fans lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I've admired him as a player for a long time but do we really want someone his age and making his money playing QB on our team?  I think not.  I'm concerned about the "it's someone else's fault" vibe.  And do we want to be reading about him and his wife on Page 6 every day?  That would be annoying, I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

I've admired him as a player for a long time but do we really want someone his age and making his money playing QB on our team?  I think not.  I'm concerned about the "it's someone else's fault" vibe.  And do we want to be reading about him and his wife on Page 6 every day?  That would be annoying, I think.

I tend to agree with you.  Let him go somewhere else, and hopefully that Seattle pick next year becomes a top 10 pick.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Just skip to the sports page, and drink in Russell's awesome stats as Jets' QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The NFL is going through some changes.  Whether Watson or Wilson are traded this off-season, the tooth paste is out if the tube now and superstar movement will eventually become "normal".  Doubt it will ever be NBA or MLB level, but things are changing 

I think the NFL is going to have to deal with how they account for signing bonuses/guaranteed payments/salary cap.

If a player pushes for a signing bonus, and then wants out, do they blow up their team, and its other players, by making the current team take a huge cap hit to off load the player?

NFL teams have to post-guaranteed salary in a deposit account.  Really?  NFL teams don't have credit.  I could securitize the TV revenue.  

I would superstars guaranteed contracts, for injury and skill.  If you want to retire, or if you get convicted or violate the substance rules, you don't get paid.  If you want to hold out and force a trade, you don't get paid.  

• Upvote 1