Jets Reportedly Getting Calls for Linebacker CJ Mosley

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

If we get get draft picks for Darnold and Mosley, as well as Fatu (as some have mentioned), then suddenly we’re operating with 3 more picks and the Deshaun dream becomes much more realistic in my opinion.

Darnold for a 3rd

Moskey for what? A 3rd? His remaining contract = very attractive risk.

Fatu? 3rd?

I dunno the value of any of them, but it’s conceivable that at least one of them is dealt. If it starts liking like a couple then I say draft pick accumulation = at least trying to create a oackage for Watson while having a ‘whole’ draft.

Just why the hell are we trading Fatukasi?

I've seen that a few times now and it is mind numbing to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Guy gets hurt and then makes decision based on his family, which many other players did as well, and people want to turn on him.

If anything, we may not have the 2nd pick in the draft if he played last year. We may have won an extra game or two and be picking 4th or 5th. Yeah yeah, crazy logic.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I think the main idea is that he hasn't played in 2 years.  There is really no telling how much that will cost him ability wise.  I'm ok with trading him if JD can get a good deal done.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I’d rather not trade him but he’s mostly a space eater. He’s one of the best at that in the league but Saleh’s defense is based around penetration. I’d rather extend the guy but here we are.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I dunno. Someone said he was on the block. I don’t know why, and he fits what we need keep him - I’m just assuming he’s not a fit. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I dunno. Someone said he was on the block. I don’t know why, and he fits what we need keep him - I’m just assuming he’s not a fit. ?‍♂️

it could be we feel that he isn't football fit.  2 years off will effect an athlete

Edit: Thought you were referring to CJ, my bad

Mosley was an impact player. Mosley's contract sucks in his age 30, 31, 32 seasons. Mosley hasn't played since last decade.

I get that he might get back to pro-bowl form, but if the offers are right, you have to take a deal. Too many unknowns with a guys who, if he starts week 1, will have only logged 28 minutes of football over his previous 980 days. That's a lot of time off.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, prime21 said:

Guy gets hurt and then makes decision based on his family, which many other players did as well, and people want to turn on him.

If anything, we may not have the 2nd pick in the draft if he played last year. We may have won an extra game or two and be picking 4th or 5th. Yeah yeah, crazy logic.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I turned on him when he was drinking in a bar watching the games a month later. lol

• Upvote 2

I was living in a fantasy land that we could take a major jump next season but free agency and the lack of o-line help has straightened me out.....we are in a slow rebuild here so If we are ok with major holes on the line might as well get what you can for Mosley and Darnold go young at LB and QB.

He clearly milked the sports hernia then he opted out the following season. These type of moves are becoming a trend by the NFL players. It's really a turn off. Milking injuries, not being leaders, forcing their way out of their contract Etc.

At the next CBA I hope the NFL owners insist that if a player pulls any of these moves he's not allowed in the NFL ever again. How's that?

It's really become a circus, and yes the inmates are running the asylum. They're no longer privileged to play for a professional organization, they're just straight-up privileged.

Here is some proof to my point. I've been watching the NFL Network since yesterday morning and they don't even talk about the organization's anymore, they just talk about the players  "gettin' paid"!?

There isn't an ounce of class or Pride involved in this game anymore.

Guys are quote shooting their way out of town? Watson refuses to play cuz he didn't have any say in who the head coach is? Jamal Adams is calling out his owner? Russell Wilson wants say in who the coordinator is?

Hey you know what, how about your cut for being insubordinate and you can't play in the NFL anymore and your contract is now void!?  How do you like them apples?

If you think you're in charge then buy your own football team and if you can't afford one then you have to work for one so fall back in line and shut your mouth! Lmfao! 

Yes I'm an old man   yelling at a cloud!

So trade CJ Mosley cuz he never did s*** anyway. Trade him for a damn pizza all he's doing is taking up a locker space!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

He clearly milked the sports hernia then he opted out the following season. These type of moves are becoming a trend by the NFL players. It's really a turn off. Milking injuries, not being leaders, forcing their way out of their contract Etc.

At the next CBA I hope the NFL owners insist that if a player pulls any of these moves he's not allowed in the NFL ever again. How's that?

It's really become a circus, and yes the inmates are running the asylum. They're no longer privileged to play for a professional organization, they're just straight-up privileged.

Here is some proof to my point. I've been watching the NFL Network since yesterday morning and they don't even talk about the organization's anymore, they just talk about the players  "gettin' paid"!?

Guys are quote shooting their way out of town? Watson refuses to play cuz he didn't have any say in who the head coach is? Jamal Adams is calling out his owner? Russell Wilson wants say in who the coordinator is?

Hey you know what, how about your cut for being insubordinate and you can't play in the NFL anymore and your contract is now void!?  How do you like them apples?

If you think you're in charge then buy your own football team and if you can't afford one then you have to work for one so fall back in line and shut your mouth! Lmfao! 

So trade CJ Mosley cuz he never did s*** anyway. Trade him for a damn pizza all he's doing is taking up a locker space!

I don't think he milked the hernia.  He came back and was clearly still hurt and had to have surgery.  Sports hernias are difficult to deal with.

That being said, he is not young anymore, and has basically not played a down in 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Or simply draft younger better players that actually fit our defensive scheme like Micah Parsons at 23

Worst Offense in NFL for over a Decade.  Worst talent in NFL on Offense.

Wants to draft LB's at pick #23 when we have a good LB already.

Because "scheme" or something.  

GTFOH.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I have those same feelings, but what did being good little soldiers ever get the players? It's not like them forgoing money gives it back to the fans.. it just goes into the owners' pockets. I'd love to see guys give team discounts and to live for their teams, but they do actually put a lot on the line playing the game and should be compensated to the extent that the league's revenues allow them to be compensated (there is no 'fairly compensated'). 

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have those same feelings, but what did being good little soldiers ever get the players? It's not like them forgoing money gives it back to the fans.. it just goes into the owners' pockets. I'd love to see guys give team discounts and to live for their teams, but they do actually put a lot on the line playing the game and should be compensated to the extent that the league's revenues allow them to be compensated (there is no 'fairly compensated'). 

I don't think it's about being good little soldiers I think it's about having a tough job for about 7 years of your life and having to stay sober and follow the rules.

I'm just saying it has reached the level of Ridiculousness. I just broke my ass in the same career field for 25 years and I also had the threat of being paralyzed, killed, cut in half Etc.

Want to guess how much money I have saved up in the bank? Cuz it ain't 37 million guaranteed lol.

Edit: to further my point you can ask any guy who prunes trees, owns a roofing business, police officers, or truck drivers. We all can get hurt or paralyzed at work. These guys are making a thousand times more than the people above per year to work out at the gym and play football and then they decide when they're unhappy and want to go someplace else? I call BS on that!

• Upvote 2

What's the point of trading him? Save cap money? I only accept that if the intention is to spend it. Don't trade him for a 4th round pick to carry his money over to next year...

CJ Mosley's one half against the Bills in 2019 was probably the more impactful defensive performance of the decade. He's good when he's on the field

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Worst Offense in NFL for over a Decade.  Worst talent in NFL on Offense.

Wants to draft LB's at pick #23 when we have a good LB already.

Because "scheme" or something.  

GTFOH.

We have no offense on both sides of the ball skippy and Mosely and Hewitt are 3-4 Linebackers 

I think - believe it or not - it was best that Mosley sat out last season. Firstly I don’t think his groin wasn’t completely healed. Secondly the team was a clown show with Gase. Thirdly COVID. If he’s a decent fit in Salahs defense then let’s roll with him next season. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:40 AM, Mark78 said:

The “guy” took a boatload of money, played 1 effing game 2 years ago, and quits on his team by opting out last year.  Yeah, what is wrong with me?

You understand that he didn't get paid last year right? So how exactly did he take the money he literally left money on the table