Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

54 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Anything newsworthy on this since the lawyer released texts of Watson politely asking if they were OK with glute massage?

NFL teams still interested, it’s funny these teams aren’t pearl clutching like some of these quick to jump to conclusions, self righteous, folk around here.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Deshaun-Watson-trade-interest-despite-sexual-16038775.php/

^^And yes the NYJ are on the list but I already know the response to this article  is to downplay the credibility of the source

If Deshaun is found guilty he’s a piece of turd in my eyes, until then he’s a innocent man accused of crimes.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

NFL teams still interested, it’s funny these teams aren’t pearl clutching like some of these quick to jump to conclusions, self righteous, folk around here.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Deshaun-Watson-trade-interest-despite-sexual-16038775.php/

^^And yes the NYJ are on the list but I already know the response to this article  is to downplay the credibility of the source

If Deshaun is found guilty he’s a piece of turd in my eyes, until then he’s a innocent man accused of crimes.

who is clutching pearls? idc if he asked for handies, i just don't want the jets to overpay for the guy....especially when there's a chance he gets suspended

Just now, neckdemon said:

who is clutching pearls? idc if he asked for handies, i just don't want the jest to overpay for the guy....especially when there's a chance he gets suspended

I can understand this, I don’t want to overpay for Watson either. 

4 hours ago, isired said:

So I really only see two options, either they are telling the truth, or they were coached by someone as part of an elaborate plan to discredit Watson.

You are grouping these 22 accusers together in solidarity.

Just pointing out that some of these could be legitimate and some others could be just answering the ad asking if they were exposed to asbestos.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Let's see how the NFL investigation plays out.

Seems Watson has a fetish for this.  If it's true, it's the kind of behavior that's redeemable like Tiger's.   Apologize, settle, sex-rehab, suspension, community service, reappear.   I'd still take a chance on him.  Watson will be playing after a suspension somewhere. 

This isn't bad enough for a lifetime ban.

You are too far down a rabbit hole to reason with ... I am finished talking to you... 
I literally LOL'd - you think this is a conspiracy without merit stitched together by a lawyer against Watson, I think that would be a big risk for a wealthy lawyer to take, and I'M down a rabbit hole...
What 'questioning'?
Right now all we have are filings prepared by Buzzby.  So of course he is going to copy-paste similar language in order to make it seem as much like a pattern as possible.  It might be true, but AFAIK, none of them have given any statements under oath yet.
I worded that poorly- I meant to say if/when they were eventually questioned, deposed, testifying etc.
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Just pointing out that some of these could be legitimate and some others could be just answering the ad asking if they were exposed to asbestos.

That's a weird name to call your Johnson...:eek:

• Haha 1

I'm assuming these are people who can prove that Watson hired them and they massaged him, could be wrong though.
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

In the end Watson is going to pay off the lawyer and all the women to keep them silent especially with the threat of going to the police. He will offer a meek apology and get around a 6 week suspension from the NFL.

So then the NFL can't schedule our games with the Pats until they figure out which of our teams is getting Watson and how long his suspension is.

• Haha 1

In the end Watson is going to pay off the lawyer and all the women to keep them silent especially with the threat of going to the police. He will offer a meek apology and get around a 6 week suspension from the NFL.
That's it - once he pays everyone off, he won't be able to lose his salary and pay the $23M in fines for sitting out the season. He stays in Houston.

Maybe you conspiracy guys have a point.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, dcJet said:

exactly. 

we only have 6 or 7 complains in right now and 1 is serious . its about a forced BJ. then 2 are about him turning around on the table and his junk touched the womens hand. now that to me seams accidental. the other 4 are just, he ask for a happy ending and they said no. end of story.

we need to see the rest but if they are just asking for sex they really shouldnt be in this complaint. if thats all they had this lawyer would never take the case. but add them to his serious case with the BJ and people will lump them all together to make it out like all women got the same treatment.

this lawyer isnt dumb. hes not filing this case in civil court. hes filing it in the court of public opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It would be shocking if this was completely (or even mostly) resolved in the next 6 weeks prior to the Draft.  And if it's still unresolved I simply can't see any team trading for him unless they include some kind of contingencies or it's a lowball offer.

Wouldn't that introductory press conference be a blast though!

"Uh, hello Deshaun, welcome to New York.  This is Rich Cimini.... I'd like to ask you about the butt stuff..."

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It would be shocking if this was completely (or even mostly) resolved in the next 6 weeks prior to the Draft.  And if it's still unresolved I simply can't see any team trading for him unless they include some kind of contingencies or it's a lowball offer.

Wouldn't that introductory press conference be a blast though!

"Uh, hello Deshaun, welcome to New York.  This is Rich Cimini.... I'd like to ask you about the butt stuff..."

Yes the lawyer who’s a huge Texans fan got what he wanted. He’s basically stopped any trade happening. 

I’m sort of glad in that I wanted Watson but he would have cost the Earth to get in trade value. I want them to trade Darnold and draft a QB.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This.

Texans have lost some leverage.  I know it would be a PR nightmare but offer Easterby the 2 Seattle picks and let Sam start during Watson’s suspension 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

This.

Texans have lost some leverage.  I know it would be a PR nightmare but offer Easterby the 2 Seattle picks and let Sam start during Watson’s suspension 

The one thing this does do is practically destroy DW leverage with the NTC. He’ll take any team right now to get out of town. Guilty or not for showing his pecker off.  

5 hours ago, doitny said:

exactly. 

we only have 6 or 7 complains in right now and 1 is serious . its about a forced BJ. then 2 are about him turning around on the table and his junk touched the womens hand. now that to me seams accidental. the other 4 are just, he ask for a happy ending and they said no. end of story.

we need to see the rest but if they are just asking for sex they really shouldnt be in this complaint. if thats all they had this lawyer would never take the case. but add them to his serious case with the BJ and people will lump them all together to make it out like all women got the same treatment.

this lawyer isnt dumb. hes not filing this case in civil court. hes filing it in the court of public opinion. 

It sets a precedents of his behavior so it’s very relevant. Only one needs to be bad and he would be in trouble. Proving the one is bad is a lot easy if he has a bunch of other maybes. 

• Upvote 1

Lawyer will request a grand jury to consider criminal charges against Deshaun Watson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2021, 12:24 AM EDT

Beyond pursuing 12 lawsuits and counting against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, lawyer Tony Buzbee will commence on Monday an effort to spark a criminal prosecution of Watson.

“Per advice from a well known criminal defense attorney,” Buzbee said Saturday night on social media, “[o]ur team will be submitting affidavits and evidence from several women, who had experiences with Deshaun Watson, to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning. We will request that a grand jury be empaneled to consider the evidence we provide.”

Beyond pursuing 12 lawsuits and counting against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, lawyer Tony Buzbee will commence on Monday an effort to spark a criminal prosecution of Watson.

Requesting a grand jury to be empaneled won’t automatically result in a grand jury being empaneled. First, the prosecutors must decide whether to pursue the cases.

The high bar of proof beyond a reasonable doubt becomes a major factor for prosecutors in deciding whether to proceed with criminal cases. Most prosecutors only pursue matters that they know they can win. Cases based on two witnesses who will test diametrically opposed stories become difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

It will be for the prosecutors to decide the proper exercise of the vast discretion that the office has at its disposal. That will be based on the evidence received from Buzbee, and on whatever Watson’s lawyer makes available, if anything, to persuade prosecutors that reasonable doubt exists.

I advocated for trading for Watson. Now?

2 things can be true at once; this lawyer is  sleazebag soliciting women(all, highly-credentialed licensed physical therapists, I'm sure) to sue Watson for being ....less than gentlemanly in asking for a thumb up the ass. And Watson is a very strange guy, despite being a very talented NFL QB. 

Looks like Watson either doesn't understand there is such a thing as actual medical massage therapy that doesn't end happily. And at least some of these women are pretending they go to client's houses after flying into Houston because they are such ace physical therapists that there's no way anyone would ever possibly mistake them for prostitutes. Miscommunication on a grand scale? I really have no idea. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lawyer will request a grand jury to consider criminal charges against Deshaun Watson

“Per advice from a well known criminal defense attorney,” Buzbee said Saturday night on social media, “[o]ur team will be submitting affidavits and evidence from several women, who had experiences with Deshaun Watson, to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning. We will request that a grand jury be empaneled to consider the evidence we provide.”

Requesting a grand jury to be empaneled won’t automatically result in a grand jury being empaneled. First, the prosecutors must decide whether to pursue the cases.

The high bar of proof beyond a reasonable doubt becomes a major factor for prosecutors in deciding whether to proceed with criminal cases. Most prosecutors only pursue matters that they know they can win. Cases based on two witnesses who will test diametrically opposed stories become difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

It will be for the prosecutors to decide the proper exercise of the vast discretion that the office has at its disposal. That will be based on the evidence received from Buzbee, and on whatever Watson’s lawyer makes available, if anything, to persuade prosecutors that reasonable doubt exists.

As for a criminal case; the method of business by all these women by their own stories is exactly like that of a prostitute. If you need physical therapy, you go to an office or a clinic, they don't typically come to your house. Are each and every one of them licensed, educated, credentialed? In NY, it's a very serious process, involving at least a college and some grad work. 

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The one thing this does do is practically destroy DW leverage with the NTC. He’ll take any team right now to get out of town. Guilty or not for showing his pecker off.  

Watson will just settle with all the accusers and money will make it all go away.  There is no viral video evidence unlike the Ray Rice scandal.  Ofcourse the media will rip the Jets but what else is new

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Unless there’s something like DNA evidence, witnesses besides the accusers or video this ain’t getting past a grand jury.  The prosecutors know this case is a loser in criminal court

• Upvote 1

As for a criminal case; the method of business by all these women by their own stories is exactly like that of a prostitute. If you need physical therapy, you go to an office or a clinic, they don't typically come to your house. Are each and every one of them licensed, educated, credentialed? In NY, it's a very serious process, involving at least a college and some grad work. 
The only thing that mitigates that, IMO, is maybe during COVID Watson had to use different methods, and the massage therapist as well. I doubt, even without the alleged transgressions, that the league would have looked favorably at him getting these massages from strangers.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Unless there’s something like DNA evidence, witnesses besides the accusers or video this ain’t getting past a grand jury.  The prosecutors know this case is a loser in criminal court

We'll see what happens. Seems like Buzbee, who's a very smart guy, wouldn't even proceed towards requesting a grand jury be empaneled if whatever evidence he allegedly has is not strong enough to begin a criminal prosecution.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Actually a lot go to the persons house. It’s easier for the patient if he doesn’t have to travel. And you have to be licensed and insured in order to be a  neuromuscular therapist and they have to do continued education to keep their license. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

We'll see what happens. Seems like Buzbee, who's a very smart guy, wouldn't even proceed towards requesting a grand jury be empaneled if whatever evidence he allegedly has is not strong enough to begin a criminal prosecution.

Was there DNA or video of Cosby? I honestly don’t remember. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Was there DNA or video of Cosby? I honestly don’t remember. 

No video but he admitted giving the women drugs.. He got away with it for 50 years even his wife knew.. Watson should have hired a hooker that gave massages and he wouldn't have a problem.. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Savage69 said:

No video but he admitted giving the women drugs.. He got away with it for 50 years even his wife knew.. Watson should have hired a hooker that gave massages and he wouldn't have a problem.. 

Definitely but that might of been too easy so it was boring. He’s use to getting everything he wants. You know how it works. You were in the biz.