Darnold to the Panthers

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Until a former Jet has great success elsewhere, its hard to argue that the Jets are drafting secretly good players who get ruined by their supporting cast and coaching.  

Darnold is a bad football player who the Jets did no favors.  Simple as that.  

I'm not sure what former players have to do with what Sam will do. I don't care enough to debate this because we will just see how Sam does in Carolina. I'm happy with the move. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Zackpocalpyse is upon us. 

You are all about to become well-versed in shoulders, labrums, rotator cuffs and tears. And little people who are spoiled brat douchebags (this douchebag  part may be somewhat endearing for a primo QB, but I digress) who throw GREAT on a field without a defense opposing him . 

It's clear the vast majority of you need to learn about labral tears and the high success rate of recovering from surgery. I'd be more concerned if he blew out an acl 2 years ago than this injury. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not sure what former players have to do with what Sam will do. I don't care enough to debate this because we will just see how Sam does in Carolina. I'm happy with the move. 

Because if the Jets "failed" all these players, then they would go on to success elsewhere with competent organizations and coaching staffs.  The bigger problem has always been talent evaluation, not talent development. 

Remember when Mark Sanchez was "failed" here and people predicted he'd have great success in Philly?  Then the Eagles and 3 other orgs dumped him and he was out of the league by the age of 27.  

The Jets' picks by and large end up out of the league within 2-4 years.  At a higher rate than any other NFL team over the last decade.  Meaning they just aren't drafting NFL players, period.  Hopefully Douglas puts a stop to that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

I think the former players are an appropriate link to Darnold because posters always try to argue that it's the Jets that make players bad, not the players themselves. The common denominator isn't the players, it's the fact that they all played for the Jets. 

12 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The funny part is I actually have a Sam bobblehead on my desk right now. Why? Because when he was drafted I thought he was the answer. Like 99% of QB's drafted it turned out not to be the case. Oh well, sh*t happens. He was never going to stay here after the Gase debacle. Will he be better in Carolina than here? Probably. I mean when you are literally the worst rated QB in the league, the only way to go is up. It sucks things didn't work out but I'm not a Sam Darnold fan, I'm a Jets fan. 

You want to partner him with another one. I have the #1 Sam Darnold draft bobble head. It needs a good home.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

you sh*t on everything the team does, and sh*t on posters being happy about things the team does.. Is it cathartic?

JN Poster 2018:  Sam is a surefire #1 pick, the generational elite QB, he's a can't miss, **** you Warfish for having any doubts about him, why do you hate everything, clearly Sam is gonna be a stud!  Anyone who disagrees, like you Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2019:  Sam is amazing, the best, people like Warfish who had doubts are clearly stupid assholes.  The wins will come.  If you can't wait Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2020:  Sam is fine, just needs time, and weapons.  Doubters like Warfish should just quit the board, stupid haters!  

JN Poster Now:  Yay, Sam is gone, best deal like ever!  Sam was the worst, we all knew it, but Wilson, HE is the real deal!  What's wrong Warfish, you probably liked Sam, stupid you, we all knew Sam sucked, lol, great WIN for the Jets to trade him away!  Why do you hate everything, you should leave the Board!

Yeah, you wonder why I have issues with some of you 'big mouthed always wrong' types? Lol.

You sad sad people, today is your big win.  The day they trade away the guy you spent three years blowing, lol.  

But sure, the problem with the Jets is me.  Cynicism causes NFL teams to lose, doncha know.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It will not surprise me one bit if Darnold doesn't really improve next season overall, but I have a hunch he'll stick it up the Jets a** like a white hot razor blade when they play the Jets next year.

Yeah.  He'll go 20 for 37 for 216 yards with 1 TD and I Int and people will say it was a good game, for Darnold and that he's making progress.  That stat line was about as good as it got for Darnold over 3 seasons.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Because if the Jets "failed" all these players, then they would go on to success elsewhere with competent organizations and coaching staffs.  The bigger problem has always been talent evaluation, not talent development.  

The Jets' picks by and large end up out of the league within 2-4 years.  Meaning they just aren't NFL players, period.  

I agree with that, but the Jets aren't the only ones that had Sam high. If we didn't draft him he wasn't making it out of the top 5. So I guess he was poorly evaluated by everyone. Not just the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I reject your bro and raise you a bro.  Sam Darnold will be out of the league by the age of 28.  

That’s four years from now. Wilson will already be working for Barstool doing hits on Tucker complaining about Cheez-Itz being a victim of cancel culture or some sh*t. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Oh and by the way, where are all the “ oh no! We’re not gonna get anything for Sam so we might as well keep him” bellyachers now?

Someone told me more than once that we'd be lucky to get a 5th for Sam