Darnold to the Panthers

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm not reliving this or debating this again. Favre wouldn't sit when/if he got hurt so he could keep his beloved streak alive, and other than good games against NE, Tenn, and Ariz, he stunk.  Pennington outplayed him and it's not even close. And why didn't Favre stay another season or two?  

Notice how I said "If Favre didn't get hurt". Pennington threw 19 tds and 7 int, the literal definition of a game manager. I guess we'll just ignore the fact that Favre beat him and the Dolphins week 1. Also, we're talking about that 1 year, who cares about if he stayed or not. 

And Pennington threw 1 TD in the remaining 2 years of his career. What happened to him after 2008?

32 minutes ago, Pac said:

Oh give me a break with the enlightened routine..  the combine is a meat market where they make them parade around in boxers.

If you think evaluators don't care about how a player looks you're nuts.

Give me a break, body makeup isnt what you were goofing on.

You've been calling him out for his looks.  Grow up 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I thought that was an interesting sentence as well. Unless the writer is surmising from his time spent in PHI and BAL but 1 draft with so far mixed results is way too soon to determine that. 

It's also too early to tell but he certainly needs a coup[le guys from last draft to come around and contribute next year. 100% agreed. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

Maye loves bums remember he’s the one who jumpstarted the tank for Trevor sabotage

Bye Sam at age 23. I think he deserved another chance.   So it's full blown rebuild get ready for a 4-13 year all. It's been magical watching a sad organization keep rebuilding every 2 years for over 40 years.  Not optimistic at all and for good reason!  This is beyond insane! Wish all you new diehards and season ticket holders well.  If they do good great and if they don't then no big deal.   This is not entertaining anymore it's pathetic.. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah.  He'll go 20 for 37 for 216 yards with 1 TD and I Int and people will say it was a good game, for Darnold and that he's making progress.  That stat line was about as good as it got for Darnold over 3 seasons.  

thats funny. i was just going to say something like that.

if Sam goes.... 69 % comp, 3733 yds 15 TD 11 int...92 QBR they would all consider that a major improvement from sam... thats career highs in comp%, yds, ints and qb rating....

thats the same exact numbers Bridgewater did and there getting rid of him for sam...lol

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

If Sam was to be traded, i was hoping it would be to a team, that was further along than the Panthers. Denver, possibly. Oh well.

Don’t start the excuses, he has plenty of “weaponz”now and a good HC, OC combo.

Lets see what he’s made of finally 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Don’t start the excuses, he has plenty of “weaponz”now and a good HC, OC combo.

Lets see what he’s made of finally 

Not really. They lost Samuel. He was important to that offense. I'm not making excuses. I just don't think the Panthers are a talent rich team on offense. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m disappointed in just a sixth round pick this year, I’ll say that. But next year when the Jets have two firsts, two seconds, and two fourths, I’ll probably be feeling pretty good. 

I’d expect a trade down from either #23 or #34 this year, too. Mas picks, por favor. 

1 4th next yr.  Jets 4th went to Seattle in the Adams trade. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

If the jets suck just as bad next year or Seattle tanks and  and end up with a top 5 pick are we going to pick a quarterback again next year?

nope, not according to the sam fans. every jet QB must get his full 5 years. even if he sucks. 

its wont be his fault. it was the roster or the coach. he had a good throw here, a good game there. some media guys think he will be great.... nope, he has to stay for 5 year ATLEAST. 

LMFAOOOOOO

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Not really. They lost Samuel. He was important to that offense. I'm not making excuses. I just don't think the Panthers are a talent rich team on offense. 

Poor Darnold, the football gods hate him. He can’t land on a team filled with all-pro’s to carry him and his new (average) team with good coaching  isn’t enough 

BOOHOO ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

Highly thought of HC, very highly thought of OC, 2- 1000 yd WRs, top 3 RB and an emerging TE. How many weapons does he need?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1