Darnold to the Panthers

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Wilson vs Darnold as well all the QB’s who go after him will be interesting.

Lot of pressure on him. Have to surround him with talent. If we go defence with the following two picks I will scream.

Not just Defense....2 DTs book it haha

You really think the Jets will allow you to happy for more than now up until the draft?

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

It is absolutely not overstated. There were fans acting like Darnold was almost a lock for stardom. Now it’s going to be the same thing for Zach Wilson. 

Fans in liking their highly drafted QB shocker!

Get over it. If you want to be pessimistic about everything fine but let the others focus on the positives of drafting a highly rated QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

What’s crazy is that the Jets had plotted out a scenario where they would potentially trade down and enter next season with Darnold and Pitts. 

Carolina now has Darnold, and if Pitts falls to #8 (crazier things have happened), they will absolutely take him. 

Hard for me to believe that Pitts gets past Atlanta and Miami

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

What’s crazy is that the Jets had plotted out a scenario where they would potentially trade down and enter next season with Darnold and Pitts. 

Carolina now has Darnold, and if Pitts falls to #8 (crazier things have happened), they will absolutely take him. 

Just love hearing how our former top 3 pick might get better and now will get an elite playmaker to throw to. Sounds nice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

next year the jets have 2 picks in rounds 1, 2 and 4.  if joe douglas is good at drafting the jets will become competitive very quickly.

Exactly.  As fans we are in year 10 of the rebuild.  To saleh it’s week 10 of year 1.   He doesn’t care how bad we’ve been he’s laying the foundation to be good for a long time and building a program.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My answer is to stop celebrating like we won something today.

My answer is to stop acting like a WR making a massive dance of celebration after a 5 yard out when he team is losing 48-3.

We won nothing today.  

My answeris to stop celebrating like losers, and start demanding the team actually win something, one the god damn field, BEFORE we start celebrating them.

Just so we’re clear, even if the Jets do win a super bowl, we actually don’t win anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

i know some of you wanna root for him but i for one  hope he sucks next year so our picks are better

This. Also imagine how much it will suck if we have to watch Sam have a great career for someone else.  And if Wilson busts it will make O’Brien instead of Marino pale in comparison. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is really what it all comes down to.  If he doesn't draft well, we are screwed.  But if he does, he can set us up for sustained success like we have never seen. 

No pressure JD, but is all on you now.  Make the most of those draft resources you have been accumulating.

Yup.  

He set himself up really nicely - about as good as I've seen a team set up to rebuild.

He has to hit though - and if he does - Yes, we could be in for a lot of fun!

• Upvote 3

What do people see in Sam that I’m not seeing? He had potential and showed flashes. But not enough to warrant keeping him over drafting a new QB. If we were picking say 13th/14th i would understand the logic of keeping him another year. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

Hard for me to believe that Pitts gets past Atlanta and Miami

While I agree, there’s a realistic scenario where it happens. 

• ATL could trade down or go QB
• CIN could go OT or WR over Pitts 
• MIA could go WR over TE (Gesicki)
• DET could go WR over TE (Hockenson) or trade down 

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yup.  It's kinda pathetic, the Loser Mentally.  Many of these people think we actually WON something today.

We didn't win a damn thing.  We dumped yet another embarrassing bust and yet another failed era, and we're smashing that reset button yet again.

Thats not a win.  That's purgatory, an endless cycle of fail, rinse, repeat.

Now we have to listen to how great Wilson is, how he is the savior, blah blah f'ing blah.  Literal reposts from three years ago, just witht he name changed from "Sam" to "Zach".

We're a joke, maybe we shoud save the celebration for when we win something for once, not for trading away the guy most of the people celebrating now were still fluffing less than a year ago.

Fortunately, this time around from a fan perspective, I haven’t seen anyone saying Wilson or Fields will be saviors. People obviously wanted to move on from Sam because he is a bottom tier QB, but I think fans realize unless we build around the new QB, he will fail and we will keep the cycle of mediocrity repeating. Not that fan opinions matter at all anyway on the outcome of the team. Lets hope JD invests these picks into the OL and weapons. 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yup.  It's kinda pathetic, the Loser Mentally.  Many of these people think we actually WON something today.

We didn't win a damn thing.  We dumped yet another embarrassing bust and yet another failed era, and we're smashing that reset button yet again.

Thats not a win.  That's purgatory, an endless cycle of fail, rinse, repeat.

Now we have to listen to how great Wilson is, how he is the savior, blah blah f'ing blah.  Literal reposts from three years ago, just witht he name changed from "Sam" to "Zach".

We're a joke, maybe we shoud save the celebration for when we win something for once, not for trading away the guy most of the people celebrating now were still fluffing less than a year ago.

Nope.  In the past this franchise has stuck with stinkers who showed they couldn’t play qb - post surgery chad, Sanchez, etc...    it’s not easy to move on but they watched the tape and made the decision that Sam wasn’t the guy.   Better now than 3 years from now.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Fans in liking their highly drafted QB shocker!

Get over it. If you want to be pessimistic about everything fine but let the others focus on the positives of drafting a highly rated QB.

You’re right it’s so positive that we’re about to throw another qb onto a team with no other good players. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, August said:

What do people see in Sam that I’m not seeing? He had potential and showed flashes. But not enough to warrant keeping him over drafting a new QB. If we were picking say 13th/14th i would understand the logic of keeping him another year. 

Feety pajamas and bobblehead dolls on their nightstand.

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not happy about hitting reset over and over again.  I dont love the idea of strapping a rookie HC and rookie OC with a rookie QB in this division.  It sounds like an absolute nightmare destined to fail.  So I'm not happy about taking a Qb in the top 3 twice in the last 4 drafts.  Really more frustrated then that then I am going with Zachapono.  I hope I'm dead wrong on Zachapono and he's a great.  Dont really have a choice but to root for him but this seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

the endless cycle is a little tough to take.  at least it seems like douglas, saleh, et al know what they're doing from a football standpoint.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, August said:

Well anyone that still thinks he can be good and I am one of them simply says that the team added zero talent for him since day one and he was saddled with the sorriest excuse for a coach the last two years.

We will know soon next year if he is an underachieving bad Qb or if he was put in the worst position possible.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is no way Douglas and Saleh want to be strapped with holdovers from Mac/Bowles/Gase. You may not like the reset but it’s inevitable with a new regime. If they go down they want to go down with their guys.

I haven’t been a fan of Douglas but he’s right to move on from Sam and get his own guy. His fate will be tied to Wilson now which is the way it should be.

I'm great with moving on from Darnold, he's terrible. At this point I'm just hoping the bring in a bridge QB and not just go right to Zachapono.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas has removed the diseases of adam gase and sam darnold from this franchise.

He should have a statue outside the stadium.

Gase was like Dose One of Moderna and Sam is Dose Two.

Now let's go to a freakin bar to celebrate