Darnold to the Panthers

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

and how much do you thin a franchise tag is? its 25 mil for 2021 and 28 mil for 2022. its way higher for QBs than any other position.

They wouldn’t be franchising him to keep him so it wouldn’t matter. they would be franchising him to trade him for a number one pick. And that would only be if they decided to keep him for one more year. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

Players doing stupid sh*t on Twitter isn't even surprising anymore...he deserves a cookie for not calling anyone a slur.

• Upvote 1

The Zackpocalpyse is upon us. 

You are all about to become well-versed in shoulders, labrums, rotator cuffs and tears. And little people who are spoiled brat douchebags (this douchebag  part may be somewhat endearing for a primo QB, but I digress) who throw GREAT on a field without a defense opposing him . 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans actually thought That Joe Douglas watched Sam for the last 2 years be an absolute awful qb.  Rob Saleh with his own eyes this year saw Sam Darnold be an absolute awful qb.

And you are surprised by this move?

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

This is gold.

you're acting like an idiot. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, undertow said:

Breaking News Teddy Bridgewater isnt good....the Panthers just traded for Darnold to replace him...the Bridgewater obsession has always been bizarre.

I mean, that’s cool. Not the point, but cool.

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I feel like ATL won't go QB, but I agree. 

I still say that Pitts and one of the tackles will be the first two non-QBs taken. 

and thats what shocks me about this trade. i dont think Atl will go QB either. that should leave 2 QBs for carolina at 8.

at worst they still should have had 1. 

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

Zach Wilson is the most exciting player in the draft. 

HAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHA.  Exactly.  This is a glorious day for this franchise.  Sam and adam are gone.  Rob and joe are running the show.

This is a rebuild done right for the 1st time in franchise history.  And jet fans are mad.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Comedy gold.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

damn... reinforces what i said about the different lense that players and coaches have on this--

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rhule rehabbing Sam would be the ultimately F.U. to the Johnsons. 

Simply prepping Darnold for his future on the Fox PAC10 pre and post game show between Leinart and Sanchez. He doesn't bleed for it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

This was the correct and only move to be made right now by Douglas.

He had a QB, not drafted by him, that he and his brand new coaching staff would have to be married to.  Not fair to anyone involved, including Darnold.

The QB who he would be forced to stick with had been the lowest rated passer in the league 2 years running with the Fraud known as Adam Gase.  Definitely not all Darnold’s fault, not even close, bottom of the barrel “talent” surrounding him all throughout the offensive unit coupled with horrific coaching but there were also way too many instances where Darnold could have hit a play but didn’t.  His deep ball was brutal all 3 years.  He was also hurt every single year.

Time for a fresh start for All.

Of course.  It's why this was always going to be the move.

JD did his due diligence looked at all his options but trading Sam and taking a QB at 2 was always going to the be his ultimate decision.

It's the only thing that made any sense.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, undertow said:

Breaking News Teddy Bridgewater isnt good....the Panthers just traded for Darnold to replace him...the Bridgewater obsession has always been bizarre.

and yet he outplayed sam when they were both here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is it really.

JD has set  himself to build a truly competitive roster.  First part is over now. 

Now the hard part comes.  Can he hit on some of these?  

I am optimistic.  Haven't been this optimistic in quite some time.

Get Creed Humphrey at 23.  Get your C & QB set. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

As opposed to the glorious seasons under Darnold?  You have no clue how this will turn out, because NFL experts don't either and you're just some guy on a team forum.  

The question is Joe Willie White Shoes, do you know how this will turn out?  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  We have competent people running this team for the 1st time in 25 years and people are mad cause sh!tty sam darnold is gone.

This is pure entertainment listening to these fools whine.  

Dip your head into a vat of muscatel. Remove head when you mature into an adult. Thanks.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You are all about to become well-versed in shoulders, labrums, rotator cuffs and tears. And little people who are spoiled brat douchebags (this douchebag  part may be somewhat endearing for a primo QB, but I digress) who throw GREAT on a field without a defense opposing him . 

Are you insinuating that Jet fans do not know anything about rotator cuffs and labrums?

I would say there is no other fanbase more versed in this.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHA.  Exactly.  This is a glorious day for this franchise.  Sam and adam are gone.  Rob and joe are running the show.

This is a rebuild done right for the 1st time in franchise history.  And jet fans are mad.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Comedy gold.

so let me get this straight, you're using this opportunity to point and laugh ayour cohorts? ....What's the mileage on that - besides you  *a middle-aged man* looking like a fcking teenager 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Are you insinuating that Jet fans do not know anything about rotator cuffs and labrums?

I would say there is no other fanbase more versed in this.

Expect Lil'ZAch Wilson to add a Zero to his 1 to end up with #10. 

I have mixed emotions with the trade and the Jets going with Zach. Be careful for what you ask for. My feeling is Sam will do very well in Carolina, and Carolina will do very well with Sam. Carolina is ahead of the curve compared to the Jets. Sam is a true professional. He loved being an NY Jet, that goes a long way with me, especially considering the climate he had to deal with. Good luck Sam, I wish you all the best.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

What makes Wilson a spoiled brat douchebag? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, doitny said:

and thats what shocks me about this trade. i dont think Atl will go QB either. that should leave 2 QBs for carolina at 8.

at worst they still should have had 1. 

They might not like the QBs likely to drop that far (Lawrence, Wilson, and one of Jones/Lance/Fields will 100% be gone by then and it's possible that two of Jones/Lance/Fields will be gone)