Robbie Anderson wants back with Jets?

33 minutes ago, Ghost said:

RA should still be in NY but everyone here thought he was easily replaceable. 

well thats because his numbers went down with sam for 2 years. those numbers were easily replaceable. then he looks like an all pro with Bridgewater a guy that beat sam in preseason, but now sam is replacing in Carolina.

his Carolina numbers are not replaceable. but because nothing is sams fault we thought Anderson was an average WR.

I'm really not sure where Robby would fit in with the addition of Davis and Mims. Neither of them can play in the slot. The Jets are going to draft a player in the mold of Deebo Samuel. It's the one element of their WR core that they're missing. There's a reason they went after Curtis Samuel.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm really not sure where Robby would fit in with the addition of Davis and Mims. Neither of them can play in the slot. The Jets are going to draft a player in the mold of Deebo Samuel. It's the one element of their WR core that they're missing. There's a reason they went after Curtis Samuel.

Who do you think those options are in this Draft outside of Round 1?

27 minutes ago, doitny said:

well thats because his numbers went down with sam for 2 years. those numbers were easily replaceable. then he looks like an all pro with Bridgewater a guy that beat sam in preseason, but now sam is replacing in Carolina.

his Carolina numbers are not replaceable. but because nothing is sams fault we thought Anderson was an average WR.

Go look at his season. He had 6 very good games that accounted for:

48 rec 581 yds

He also had 6 bad games:

23 rec 262 yds

The 4 average games:

24 rec 253 yds

This has been his exact pattern his entire career. The only thing that changed was his targets went way up. 

That's a pro bowl player?

He had 3 TDs, lowest since his rookie year. 

He had his lowest Y/R of his career by a wide margin at 11.5. For comparison he was at 15.0 the last 2 seasons. There is a reason he hasn't and won't be extended. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, choon328 said:

48 rec 581 yds

He also had 6 bad games:

23 rec 262 yds

The 4 average games:

24 rec 253 yds

This has been his exact pattern his entire career. The only thing that changed was his targets went way up. 

He had his lowest Y/R of his career by a wide margin at 11.5. For comparison he was at 15.0 the last 2 seasons. There is a reason he hasn't and won't be extended. 

No one is saying he’s Julio Jones but there are BUMS like Nelson Agaholor making more money than RA. 

Everyone thought Perriman would come in and easily duplicate RA’s production and he wasn’t even close. He was injury prone and frequently dropped passes. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

OMG. I would love this. One of my favorite Jets of the decade. Dude had some  early struggles but been trying to clean up his act. I can relate to it and respect it. “ Welcome home Robbie!” 

Good stuff. On a side note, but of similar somewhat related not really news... McDougle is now a stay at home mom. 

Don't ban me. 

• Haha 1

Fans with two eyes saw that in his last couple of years with us Robby did the two things that good NFL receivers need to do: (1) get open and (2) catch the ball. The fact that he is crazy fast is the cherry on top. Unfortunately for all WR's they are entirely dependent on the QB to actually get them the ball in a place they can catch it. Looking at the numbers will never tell the true story, which is why JD admitted he made a mistake not resigning him. 

Sam routinely missed Robby deep when he had 2 steps on a defender or short armed a throw that turned a long touchdown into a 20-30 yard gain when Robby had to turn, come back and fight for the ball. 

Now, I don't think this whole thing actually means Robby is actually disgruntled with CAR at all BUT I will repeat what I said on the day we traded Sam to CAR....this is a great opportunity for us to pick up Robby on the cheap next offseason after he "disappoints" this year again with Sam (under)throwing him the ball. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I got mixed feelings on this. I kinda miss him and think hed be good opposite Mims. Why is he disgruntled though with the Panthers and why would you ever want to come back here knowing the organization? I mean we're all praying this is finally the culture change moment but still the Johnson's steering the ship

Yeah like getting back together with your old gf or getting Revis back after he went ROAD (retired while on active duty).  Just no! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

48 rec 581 yds

He also had 6 bad games:

23 rec 262 yds

The 4 average games:

24 rec 253 yds

ok so TD seem to be big for pro bowl consideration. but he had a really good year no matter how you spin it.

i would think if you look at all these great WRs you will see the same. some good some bad games. 

did you know 6,25 catches per game is 100 catches for the year? but if you see a guy get 6 rec a game it doesnt seem like a very good game unless he adds some yds. but 100 catches a year is pretty damm good.

for comparison Allan Robinson who we all loved, caught 7 more passes and had 150 yards more than Anderson. thats 0.43 more rec per gm and 9.3 yds per game more than Anderson. oh and only 3 more TDs. 

and the Y/R well Robinson was only 12.3 . Stephan Diggs was 12.1. that only means how a team uses that WR. 

Robby was our deep threat. Carolina used him differently. you want proof. DJ Moore had a 18.1 Y/R 

and Perriman the guy we all couldn't wait to get rid off had a 16.8

i just hope your not trying to say because his Y/R was 15.1 with sam he was better here than in Carolina. 

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

Robby left for big money.  Didn't get it.

Jamal left for big money.  Didn't get it.

Maybe this Joe Douglas guy isn't so dumb.  

If it were Tanny they all would have  gotten multi year multi million contracts.    And we’d still suck.   Let’s find balance and pay some money to someone who is worth it.  

• Post of the Week 1

robbie is a good 2-3 receiver.  the problem is he'd be pretty expensive for what would amount to being a part time player assuming mims assumes the starting 2 and davis is the 1.  most likely they'll be 2a and 2b but that would still leave robbie as the odd man out.

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

No one is saying he’s Julio Jones but there are BUMS like Nelson Agaholor making more money than RA. 

Everyone thought Perriman would come in and easily duplicate RA’s production and he wasn’t even close. He was injury prone and frequently dropped passes. 

Agholor (2021)

48 rec 900 yds 8 tds18.7 ypr

Anderson (2020)

52 rec 779 yds 5 tda 15.0 ypr

There is a reason Agholor got more money in FA this year than RA did last year. 

9 hours ago, doitny said:

Going into Anderson's final season with the Jets, I though he was a one trick pony ( a burner who went long), but I was wrong because during that final season he showed a lot of toughness and made his share of contested catches. He also caught plenty of passes on short and intermediate routes. He might not be a #1 WR, but he is a top half of the league #2 WR. If he was on teams like the Chiefs or Rams, we'd be seeing him turn 12 yard crossing patterns into 30+ yard plays every week because they understand that the true value of speed is not vertical but horizontal. You can always have a player deep, but a speedster cannot be covered one on one on a crossing pattern and if the coverage is zone he need only be hit in the hole in the zone while running full speed against a flat footed D.

A fast WR with good hands and toughness is a high value commodity in the hands of an O coach who knows what he is doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, varjet said:

Rumor had it that JD tried to lock up Robbie for 4 years x 10, but Robbie only wanted a two year deal to bet on himself.  

Whoops.  

Robbie said firsthand that rumor was nonsense, like >90% of rumors are these days.

Plus even if it was, the devil's in the details. 

What if that 4/40 had $8MM guaranteed, and annual cash payouts of $8MM, then $9MM, then $11MM then $12MM.

Further, what if those weren't even the base amounts, but rather the max amounts if certain incentives were reached?

2-3 non-guaranteed, low-ball, fluff years are less than worthless beyond ego. If the player's good enough to stick at those dollars then he's good enough to get that or more as a FA, whether from that team as an extension or from another team outright. If not he's getting cut and won't see any of that money anyway.

10 hours ago, choon328 said:

48 rec 581 yds

He also had 6 bad games:

23 rec 262 yds

The 4 average games:

24 rec 253 yds

The NFL is a game of adjustments.  Robbie got off to a red hot start as did Carolina.  Teams disected what they were doing along with the typical NFL attrition and Robbie reverted to his norm in catches although his YPC and TD's were below his norm.

He's a second tier NFL WR.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Maybe they asked him to restructure his contract.

Maybe the Panthers are looking to draft a WR at 8.

Regardless, would definitely take him back. Although that may mean the end of crowder. Actually, a crowder for anderson trade would make a ton of sense for both teams since Sam loves crowder and Wilsons deep ball touch would match well with Robby.

I would do this, then not extend him - at least not right away. The Jets have Berrios and Cole who can play the slot, and Robby would be the third outside guy behind Davis and Mims. That would be a better set-up at the position than they currently have. Excellent depth, and a dangerous 4-WR set. If ZW really is this downfield wunderkind, Anderson could be a tremendous asset. Anderson would be unhappy without the extension, but would be playing with a chip on his shoulder to get paid by the Jets or somebody else. It would really come down to how much his unhappiness effected the locker room. If the team is really struggling, that could be a problem. But that's the only real downside. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Going into Anderson's final season with the Jets, I though he was a one trick pony ( a burner who went long), but I was wrong because during that final season he showed a lot of toughness and made his share of contested catches. He also caught plenty of passes on short and intermediate routes. He might not be a #1 WR, but he is a top half of the league #2 WR. If he was on teams like the Chiefs or Rams, we'd be seeing him turn 12 yard crossing patterns into 30+ yard plays every week because they understand that the true value of speed is not vertical but horizontal. You can always have a player deep, but a speedster cannot be covered one on one on a crossing pattern and if the coverage is zone he need only be hit in the hole in the zone while running full speed against a flat footed D.

A fast WR with good hands and toughness is a high value commodity in the hands of an O coach who knows what he is doing.

In Carolina RA did more of these horizontal routes which is why his catches were up and his ypr and TDs were way down. Horizontal speed is only good if that player is also elusive. RA is not capable of taking an 8 yard slant to the house unless he's running into an open field. He does not possess the elusiveness to make defenders miss in the open field. It's what is stopping him from becoming DeSean Jackson type of player. 

His TDs were way down bc his vertical opportunities were limited this year due to DJ Moore being the main vertical option and Bridgewater being a short to intermediate thrower. Limited vertical routes and zero elusiveness caused his decrease in TDs.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, choon328 said:

Amari Rodgers

Elijah Moore

Jaelon Darden

Dazz Newsome

Cade Johnson

D'Wayne Eskridge

Shi Smith

Whop Philyor

I particularly like the guys I bolded, and I'd even add later guys like Anthony Schwartz.  Earlier, I think the Jets should have Rondale Moore and Tutu Atwell on the list.  But I'm probably one of the few guys who doesn't want to touch a WR before #66 unless someone drops into the Jets lap.

15 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I got mixed feelings on this. I kinda miss him and think hed be good opposite Mims. Why is he disgruntled though with the Panthers and why would you ever want to come back here knowing the organization? I mean we're all praying this is finally the culture change moment but still the Johnson's steering the ship

i dont want him. yeah hes a good WR but i feel he could be trouble if things dont go his way. he on Twitter 5 times a day. he has a opinion  on everything. 

and dont forget why were here. he deleted all his Carolina pics. why? why stirr up something? 

i know alot of guys do this, but for now with a rookie HC and QB, we dont need the distraction he could cause.

• Post of the Week 1

I heard a story from Brian Costello at the NY Post - that Douglas wanted to bring Robbie back, but the problem wasn't that he undervalued or low balled him.   He was pretty sure that Robby was going for the 15-16M/year slotting.   In the early stages of a rebuild, he only wanted 11-12 at the veteran WR position, so he went out and signed Perriman.  By the time Robbie's high end market dried up (that apparently both Robbie and Douglas misjudged) the band for WR money was already used up by Perriman, so it wasn't like Douglas could throw an extra 500k at Anderson to stay.

17 hours ago, choon328 said:

48 rec 581 yds

He also had 6 bad games:

23 rec 262 yds

The 4 average games:

24 rec 253 yds

this

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Never have so many words been spent on such a mediocre talent.

Next up, a 20 page thread on why Braxton Berrios is really great and going to bust out in 2021.

Berrios got permission from Chrebet to wear number 80 this year. 

Oh just you wait.