Pick 34?

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I would stand pat at 34 if I was Douglas. Way too much talent on the board to trade out. Take either JOK or Jenkins 

But that’s exactly why I think a trade back would be good.  So dropping back a few sports you still get a real good talent

Javonte Williams is so tempting, but without anymore 2nd or 3rd rounders it's hard to justify. Jenkins, JOK, Radunz, would all be interesting here as well. If we trade down Meinerz, Humphrey are options, but we should strongly consider an offensive playmaker. Marshall II or even a real TE like Freiermuth (although I'm starting to get the feeling he'll flop and be average, so a 2nd is too rich)

lots of ways to win here.

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think it’s even more likely we trade back because a lot of guys fell.l we didn’t expect to.  So we can trade back a bit and still get a big talent similar to what we did last year 

Look at what's there.

Jenkins, JOK, Ojulari, Moore, Marshall plus another dozen guys with similar grades that we might not want as much but other teams will (Barmore, Moerhig, etc.).  I think we could slide down to the middle of the round if someone really has the hots for a player.  

Teams like LAC, LVR and WFT are in the right spot where a mid-2nd and mid-3rd move them up.  Say something like #48 and #80 for #34.  It feels like a Douglas move and I think we could still easily end up with a guy we would have been happy to pick at #34.

• Upvote 3

I think it depends on their board.  The Jets moved up because avt was in their top 10. If one of these guys left is in their top 20 - 25, I think  he will make the pick. Ifnit, there is a chance he could trade down.  Also depends how their board looks in the 60-150 range.  There may. It be that much difference

2 minutes ago, Curtis Martian said:

CB!   CB!  CB!  As much as we need to further solidify the  O, we must address the team's biggest weakness:   no decent CB's in a league that's all passing. At 34, trade back a little if possible... or stick at 34, regardless they MUST treat CB as a priority. 

Asanti Samuel jr

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No way are the Jets in a place where they have 1 pick across round 2-3. 

Too talent starved.

We would end up with 3 picks in the first 3 rounds plus 2 more each in round 4s and 5.  I don't have an issue with that, but I still think we'll trade down and grab a 3rd rounder for our trouble.  

Building off what I said above, we could package #34 and the new 4th rounder #143 to improve the slide-down.   DAL at #44 and #75 is a very good fit.  They'd be overpaying but if there is a guy they absolutely need, Jerry isn't shy. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Last year the Jets had to move down 11 spots in the 2nd to get a third rounder.  If Joe wants to get back into the third round, I doubt we are picking before 40 tomorrow night.

I think this is a distinct possibility, especially because the Jets are picking right at the top of the draft and will probably field multiple offers. 

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tevan jekins, javante williams, Elijah moore, terrace marshall, creed humphry etc etc etc.

Lots of offensive talent on the board right now.

This is the perfect argument for trading down..... not by much, but maybe 3, 4, 5 spots and try to get a 4th round pick.  The Jets can then use two of the 4ths to trade back up into the 3rd if they want.

Put Ronnie Perkins, Asante Samuel and Rondale Moore on that list too.

Jets could actually trade back maybe 8 - 10 spots?  I didn’t even mention Jenkins and Eichenberg who could each be candidates to start at RT.

20 minutes ago, dcJet said:

This is where JD messed up last year by trading down and we ended up with Mims instead of Claypool.

Make the pick.  No trade downs.

Let's see what Mims looks like in year 2 with (hopefully?) more consistent QB play. 

Mims has a lot of ability. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There has to be something up with JOK, right?   Maybe some unknown red flag came up.

Eh, I just think he plays a non-premium position and it's always easy to pass on those guys as other guys at premium positions who happen to be high on your board fall into your lap. 

• Upvote 1

Someone that is plugged in with the Jets on this site mentioned that JD was talking to Green Bay about getting back in the first round for Elijah Moore. But the cost was too high. So Moore might be the pick if true. He can do a lot of what Deebo Samuel does in terms to backfield work. A great fit IMO if they stick with the pick.

• Upvote 2

I think JD realizes that his mistake in last year’s draft was that he drafted like a team that is already good drafts. He went for value and never targeted specific players. I believe this season he has his eye on a few players, he feels are best options in areas of the greatest need — the interior O line — at the top of the draft and he will make sure he gets at least 2 of them. He already has one in AVT.

IMO, he is targeting Creed Humphrey, Wyatt Davis and Trey Smith and if he feels he can trade back 10 to 15 spots and still land one, he will. If he doesn’t, he will draft one of them at 34.  After finishing his interior O line work, he will revert back to drafting for value.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think JD realizes that his mistake in last year’s draft was that he drafted like a team that is already good drafts. He went for value and never targeted specific players. I believe this season he has his eye on a few players, he feels are best options in areas of the greatest need — the interior O line — at the top of the draft and he will make sure he gets at least 2 of them. He already has one in AVT.

IMO, he is targeting Creed Humphrey, Wyatt Davis and Trey Smith and if he feels he can trade back 10 to 15 spots and still land one, he will. If he doesn’t, he will draft one of them at 34.  After finishing his interior O line work, he will revert back to drafting for value.

This may have been the original plan, but with JOK and/or Samuel available at 34, and CB and LB gaping holes on this team, JD may have to pick one of them. 

The Steelers and The Jaguars didn't think it was "stupid" to draft 1st round RBs. 

Because Etienne and Najee are A+ awesome offensive PLAYMAKERS. 

I'm pretty ticked off we missed out on these two guys + two 3rd round picks in order to draft a Guard. 

I'd rather Wilson/Etienne OR Harris + two guards in 3rd round. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

We just gave up both of our 3rd’s to move up for AVT.

Granted we got back an extra 4th, but still.

Maybe the Jets end up staying put and taking a Rondale Moore, Travis Etienne, Ronnie Perkins, another OL, etc...but I doubt it.

Joey D might be the most betrothed to the draft process of any GM out there.

He’s going to want something back...

no way in hell we draft etienne

4 hours ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

With giving up both 3rds,,, Joe is trading down to pick up one of those 3rds back

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Actually he Should do better than that, its the second pick in 2nd rd, high value, at minimum mid two this yr, and 2 next yr, or make the pick. This a place where you should get more than regular pts value..

• Upvote 2