Pick 34?

21 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Interesting - would love that, just not sure JOK will make it to 44.  I think JD would need to like 4/5 guys on the board to do something like this.

Creed, Jenkins, JOK, Javonte, Basham, Jabril Cox could all work out if you movod down.  Im just not sure its worth passing on JOK

I do agree with you. JOK in this defense could be really special. 

1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Yes, this team is in early stage rebuild. Its a 5 win team at best. Goal is to set up foundation with Ol, establish new qb, and get new offensive and defensive systems in place. Next yrs draft and free agency will be all about adding top play makers..

They are setting themselves up to draft weapons next year.  Gotta love the douglas plan.  Darnold has to realize his jet career could have been different with douglas as his gm from the start, though i think he will be the same erratic qb in Carolina.  

• WTF? 1

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No trading back.

Take the best offensive player on their board.

If we trade back a few spots and still get a guy we’re high on…fine but I’m with you.

You don’t trade back and pass on 1st round talent thats still available in the 2nd to recoup a 3rd for a player with a 3rd round grade.

We need playmakers and studs, and plenty of picks this and next year to fill out the roster.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

I agree 100%......except if he views Jenkins as another generational G talent. IMO it is Jenkins or trade back to accumulate that 3rd he lost. It is the JD way. 

Can we please stop saying this? He had 1 draft where he traded back a couple of times and now everyone assumes all he's going to do is accumulate picks. Even after he just made a big move up in the 1st round. Everybody needs to stop making pretend they know what type of GM Douglas is bc at this point nobody knows and at this point his biggest move as a drafter is trading up not trading back. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Well a lot depends on that rumor that the Jets were trying to trade up with Green Bay to get Elijah Moore.  If that was correct and if Jax does not take him you'd have to thunk he would be the pick.

I won;t be happy if we pick the Notre Dame LB even if he sounds like a nice player.  Some prime oline and a couple weaponish WR's will be there.

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Can we please stop saying this? He had 1 draft where he traded back a couple of times and now everyone assumes all he's going to do is accumulate picks. Even after he just made a big move up in the 1st round. Everybody needs to stop making pretend they know what type of GM Douglas is bc at this point nobody knows and at this point his biggest move as a drafter is trading up not trading back. 

They 're saying this not only due to his 1st draft but due to his lineage in front offices and who he learned from.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think there’s a great chance the Jets trade down 

Assuming they do, based on what you’ve said here, I’m assuming Perkins would be a target.  It’s hard to fathom they would go rb or wr in the 2nd, though that would really change the offense.  

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They 're saying this not only due to his 1st draft but due to his lineage in front offices and who he learned from.

I get it but being a part of a draft and running a draft are two entirely different things. I just hate when they put him in a box

I think if Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is not taken by JAX, you have to grab him here. He fits the defense and after losing our 3rd rounders we're missing that LBer sweet spot for guys like Werner, Bolton, McGrone, Surratt. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fits this defense and is a difference maker, and we need LB as unsexy as it is compared with say a Javonte Williams. 

JD can still hope for one of the OCs in the 4th/5th round like Dalman, Mennett, Morrisey to carry on our work on the line. Fant and McGovern should be much better this year in the new offense. Our WRs will be good enough for this year. But there are not many players like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, he's special.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think there’s a great chance the Jets trade down 

Would love to get back into the 3rd round. That is where I would look for another guard ideally or maybe cornerback. Use the second round pick on a playmaker. 

I think if Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is not taken by JAX, you have to grab him here. He fits the defense and after losing our 3rd rounders we're missing that LBer sweet spot for guys like Werner, Bolton, McGrone, Surratt. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fits this defense and is a difference maker, and we need LB as unsexy as it is compared with say a Javonte Williams. 
JD can still hope for one of the OCs in the 4th/5th round like Dalman, Mennett, Morrisey to carry on our work on the line. Fant and McGovern should be much better this year in the new offense. Our WRs will be good enough for this year. But there are not many players like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, he's special.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They are setting themselves up to draft weapons next year.  Gotta love the douglas plan.  Darnold has to realize his jet career could have been different with douglas as his gm from the start, though i think he will be the same erratic qb in Carolina.  

Yep, i don’t ever see Darnold being a top 20 qb. If jenkins is there, take him, otherwise, take a strong offer to trade down... line will have been remade...

19 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know Jets fans probably don't want to hear it, but Christian Barmore is another guy who would be tough to pass up on at pick 34. He's another interior defensive lineman, but he's a monster. He shouldn't still be available. 

No

• Thumb Down 1

Let's not overthink this.  Great prospects are right here with first round grades.

J O-K is Deion Jones like with a mid first round grade.
Elijah is a twitchy playermaker with a first round grade.
Teven fills a big need and fell to us.

Don't ef it up with a trade down for inferior prospects.  

Maybe because I am a MS State fan/alum but I really don't understand the Elijah Moore hype. He's good but I don't think he is anything that couldn't be found in the late 2nd/early 3rd. Jenkins is my pick, lets get this oline finally settled. I think our Wrs are good enough for this next season, and our revamped Oline will give Wilson plenty of time to work with. This allows us to hit CB, LB, Edge, and WR with the first four picks in the first/second. 2023 is already looking like a fun season.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Let's not overthink this.  Great prospects are right here with first round grades.

J O-K is Deion Jones like with a mid first round grade.
Elijah is a twitchy playermaker with a first round grade.
Teven fills a big need and fell to us.

Don't ef it up with a trade down for inferior prospects.  

Bingo

My preference is to add an offensive playmaker.  Williams or Marshall Jr. fit the bill.

Many people are advocating for OC or OG, but in all honesty, I would be pretty disappointed.  The Jets started the draft with 5 picks in the first three rounds.  If they walk away with just 1 QB and 2 interior OL, I wouldn't consider that a success.  From everything I have read, the OL group is very deep this year.  I was hoping Douglas would be able to take advantage of it.

The Jets have a bottom 5 running back group.  There is a big drop off in talent after Williams.  The late first and early second rounds have been a sweet spot for game changing RBs in the past few years (Edwards-Helaire, Chubb, Jacobs, Cook).  I'd be happy with the pick.

The Jets have only Davis and Mims under contract at the WR position in 2022.  Draft a young stud to develop along with Wilson.  Limit the turnover at the position so some chemistry and consistency can be developed.  The high turnover at WR from year to year was one of the many injustices the Jets did to Darnold.  Don't do it again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Well a lot depends on that rumor that the Jets were trying to trade up with Green Bay to get Elijah Moore.  If that was correct and if Jax does not take him you'd have to thunk he would be the pick.

I won;t be happy if we pick the Notre Dame LB even if he sounds like a nice player.  Some prime oline and a couple weaponish WR's will be there.

I've been saying it for weeks but Moore is a legit prospect. I would be excited if he became a Jet later today. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

Who would they then target?

I’m not sure. I’m down in Costa Rica so I’ve been very distracted to say the least, but if they traded down to say 42 or 48 I would put Ronnie Perkins, Carlos Basham, Pat Freiermuth, Tommy Tremble, Rondale Moore, Javonte Williams, Michael Carter on the list of guys they would consider

If they stay put I’m pretty certain they’ll take a pass rusher or Teven Jenkins, but I bet Saleh has been hounding Douglas on the concept of JOK in this defense for the past 12 hours

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No trading back.

Take the best offensive player on their board.

OK...Just asking since you want O and are not specifying which O position.  What is the difference in grade from say 34 to 44?  Is there that much of a gap to pass up not trading back to get a 3rd rounder?

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know Jets fans probably don't want to hear it, but Christian Barmore is another guy who would be tough to pass up on at pick 34. He's another interior defensive lineman, but he's a monster. He shouldn't still be available. 

macc go away... ?

• Haha 1

I want this to be the OL draft for us. With that said, as amazing a pick as Jenkins would be at 34, there are a number of plug n' play Guards still on the board. We could move back, recoup a third, and still take one of them in the second round. Jenkins<Wyatt Davis and a third.

I’m glad I’m not making the decisions bc I’ve changed my mind about 30 times already as to what to do at 34.  If we don’t trade down, what kind of ammo from next years picks (plus one of this years 4s) would it take to move back up  into the 3rd round? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1