Jaguars plan to sign Tim Tebow

Can't hate it.  Seems weird to turn to a guy after his baseball attempt kept him away from football for so long.  But his relationship with and success under Urban Meyer can't be ignored.  This signing wouldn't have been justifiable for any other team.  

At the bare minimum, he could turn into a poor man's Taysom Hill, and there's value in that.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't hate it.  Seems weird to turn to a guy after his baseball attempt kept him away from football for so long.  But his relationship with and success under Urban Meyer can't be ignored.  This signing wouldn't have been justifiable for any other team.  

At the bare minimum, he could turn into a poor man's Taysom Hill, and there's value in that.  

I would assume they signed him as a tight end no one in their right mind is playing him at QB.

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

I would assume they signed him as a tight end no one in their right mind is playing him at QB.

Yes, you're right.  I was thinking TE / backup QB.  Didn't realize they still had Minshew AND they have CJ Beathard on the roster.  Makes much more sense as a TE/gadget type than a QB.  Especially since I think I read that Tebow's whole return to the NFL was about NOT playing at QB when he arrives.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The minimum is he's a forth string H-Back  that doesn't make the team and pisses people off that he even got a shot.  This signing isn't even justifiable for the Jags.  The absolutely best case scenario is he's a dollar store Taysom Hill.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Trevor is doomed. Jacksonville is a joke... the Jets were a joke doing it way back when and that was when he was still playing football and took a team to the playoffs.

The Jags have been desperately trying to cash in ever since getting the #1 pick and it's going to be a disaster when it's actually time to play football

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

JD sleeping at the wheel.

Agreed to an extent because he's going to succeed out of sheer will.  But I also think this will only work fully under Urban Meyer, because only he will be able to get the absolute most out of Tebow.  And I think all other teams realized this on some level. 

Still wrong of JD, and all 30 other teams, to have passed on him.  JD and nearly all other NFL GM's right now are nodding and going "Yup, exactly where he needed to be" while also muttering "Damn, I'm gonna regret that."

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The guy's a natural.

8gyc.gif

Let's hope he's learned to catch a ball since his last route a decade ago. 

Meyer + Tebow is the perfect opportunity for JAX to convert UF fans into JAX fans and sell an enormous amount of jerseys. I won't be surprised if they showcase a couple gadget plays in the preseason where Tebow gets a handoff to throw or run to pump up those UF fans. 

Tebow is from Jacksonville.  He may be the best player ever to play for the Florida Gators, and a top player in all of college football.  

It seems like a fun publicity stunt.

Now, do I think the Jaguars are going to get it together?  That is not a certainty.  

But I don't see what the Jaguars have to lose.  Tebow is a good guy and hard worker, and even if his skills are not there he will set an example for the other players on the Jaguars.  

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good for him. ?

So much vitriol aimed at Tebow, especially here, will never really understand it tbqh.

Guy just doesn't give up, keeps chasing his dreams, is willing to fail if he fails, but keeps trying.  And by every report he's a good, honest, hard working, honorable dude.  Something admirable about that in this day and age.

He failed at QB, failed at MLB, now he gets a chance to do what he SHOULD have done coming out of college, play TE, maybe catch a few passes.  His athleticism was never the issue, just his ability to throw an actual NFL-quality pass.

I'm rooting for him, if for no other reason than to piss off his haters here, lol.

He is very hateable. One of my least favorite NFL players ever. You can like him all you want its all just opinions