Travis Etienne out for the year

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Took him last night in a fantasy draft. lol

The injuries around the league are really starting to suck. Trevor could have a really rough situation this year.

Yup, me too.

Trying to snag the dude from AZ, slim picking left, so James Connor is the best of what is currently available.

I'd prefer a Jets RB, but we seem to be full on Committee this year, so yeah, sadly no for Fantasy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Serves you right for drafting before preseason ends, hope it wasn’t a big $ league

It wasn’t. It’s a work league and I don’t run it. I agree 100% with you. This is my least important league and I partially like it because it gives me a good chance to practice drafting in an environment other than those mock drafts online that are pretty goofy.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wait.  Other teams are allowed to have season-ending injuries too?!

Sad....sucks for the kid, the team, the fans.  Nobody wins when this crap happens to good players.  

I’m sure Jaguars fans are hammering on the strength & conditioning program in Jacksonville right now.

just sayin GIF

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

If I were JD, I'd be on the phone and offering Perine (and maybe a pick) for one of their DEs.

We'd be ok rolling with Carter, Johnson, Coleman and Adams

Jax is more than OK with James Robinson and Hyde.

In fact, not sure how smart it was for them to burn a 1st rounder on a RB after the year Robinson had.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If I were JD, I'd be on the phone and offering Perine (and maybe a pick) for one of their DEs.
We'd be ok rolling with Carter, Johnson, Coleman and Adams
Bingo... any RB not named Carter for a great DE.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

That really sucks for Etienne.  Hopefully he recovers fully for 2022.  

The Jaguars running game will be better than expected this season, however, in spite of the injury.  Round 2 of James Robinson will prove fruitful as he was an excellent bellcow last season, as long as he stays healthy.  He was tremendous in a bad situation last season.  Hyde is a meh backup so that will be an issue.  And they don't have a good pass-catching back to make up for the loss of Etienne (Robinson is also good in this role but they of course need a backup).  I assume they'll add a pass-catching back somewhere off the reject pile to try to compliment Robinson and Hyde, in the likely event no one else on the roster (Devine Ozigbo?) is good in that role.

Robinson was a big reason why I felt the Etienne pick was a poor one, since Robinson was one of the top 3 or so overall players on the team last year right out of the gates and they had so many other needs.  But what's done is done there.  Robinson will be excellent this year and we'll see how the rest of the roster performs.

@RoadFan @Paradis

• Upvote 1

I was a big time Najee Harris and Travis Etienne fan coming out its just the ACC and SEC fan in me combined with #28 making me love the RB position back in 1998 at 13 years old. And I wanted to take either Najee or Etienne with our Seattle 1st round pick too. 

For the ones who corrected me and preached 1st two rounds is too high for a RB? You were correct and I stand corrected.  

Because we stole Michael Carter 4th round despite 1st round ability.  Kid ranked 4th in rushing yards (more than Travis Etienne) and 1st in average yards per carry (8.0?) and how he wasn't drafted 1st-2nd round is beyond me. 

This injury to Etienne stinks. I was excited to watch him ball out this year.