Interesting in depth article on Jets offensive issues

KO91

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Having a scheme that relies on two TEs I am totally fine with, now just go out and get two TEs that are not among the worst in the league.

As Parcells would say, "show me which tree to go pick them off of". We need to draft a TE next year probably in the 1st round to get a real good one, and not to aggravate with history but we have not done real well picking TEs in the 1st round in Brady, Becht, etc. Though Dustin Keller was pretty good. I would like to see Kenny Y. brought up from the PS squad, but I assume his blocking may not be up to par to do that. But developing his catching with live game reps would be good to have done sometime this year sooner rather than later. This past game we didn't bring up a 2nd player which could have been him, but then you have to push him higher on the depth chart to get him on the field. If Kroft can't go this week at least bring Kenny up and see if you can get him in as a 2nd or 3rd TE. Boy, it would be great to see that and Mims replace Moore this week who should sit due to a concussion. With Kenny and Mims at least it would get 2 Receivers on the field that have good hands from what we have seen and maybe that would even take some pressure off the other WRs Davis, Cole, etc. and they could get better separation for making easier catches.   

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, KO91 said:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2021/9/28/22698646/the-jets-offense-doesnt-make-sense

Highlights

46% of targets going to Griffin, Berrios, Kroft, Ty Johnson 

Ty Johnson being tasked as primary pass protection back and has been one of the worst in the league over past two seasons  

Jets 6th highest two TE set percentage in league 

Jets have had more success running the ball out of 11 than 12 personnel 

Two of the three game our QB was running for his life and still getting beat up.  Nothing shocking that the quick pass to a TE, slot receiver or back is the go to.  

1 hour ago, KO91 said:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2021/9/28/22698646/the-jets-offense-doesnt-make-sense

Highlights

Ty Johnson being tasked as primary pass protection back and has been one of the worst in the league over past two seasons  

Ty Johnson ultimately didn’t get much run in Detroit when they were desperate for RB, because of pass pro.

Ty Johnson and Josh Adams ate both guys who ate #3 types. Practice squad. Active only if they play on special teams… and both get okay here with the Jets over Lamical Perine.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Having a scheme that relies on two TEs I am totally fine with, now just go out and get two TEs that are not among the worst in the league.

Bingo.  It's like a team that wants to play 3-4 with no linebackers.  If you want to emphasize a certain personnel group and scheme then you better have the personnel.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

As Parcells would say, "show me which tree to go pick them off of". We need to draft a TE next year probably in the 1st round to get a real good one, and not to aggravate with history but we have not done real well picking TEs in the 1st round in Brady, Becht, etc. Though Dustin Keller was pretty good. I would like to see Kenny Y. brought up from the PS squad, but I assume his blocking may not be up to par to do that. But developing his catching with live game reps would be good to have done sometime this year sooner rather than later. This past game we didn't bring up a 2nd player which could have been him, but then you have to push him higher on the depth chart to get him on the field. If Kroft can't go this week at least bring Kenny up and see if you can get him in as a 2nd or 3rd TE. Boy, it would be great to see that and Mims replace Moore this week who should sit due to a concussion. With Kenny and Mims at least it would get 2 Receivers on the field that have good hands from what we have seen and maybe that would even take some pressure off the other WRs Davis, Cole, etc. and they could get better separation for making easier catches.   

Know when TE blocking doesn't matter? When the person over them is more concerned with them slipping by them downfield for a catch. Know when else? When you have the least dynamic RB group in the league. I'm with you, bring up Yeboah and see if he can't help. Development is key this year, so let's get these guys playing. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KO91 said:

Highlights

interesting article. thanks for posting

good insight on the whole Mims vs Berrios thing.

everybody should read this!

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

As Parcells would say, "show me which tree to go pick them off of". We need to draft a TE next year probably in the 1st round to get a real good one, and not to aggravate with history but we have not done real well picking TEs in the any round

The Jets haven't done a good job picking TEs in any round.  But you could say that about just any position.

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

A TE in the 1st rd? Sure and maybe draft OL in the 6th? jeez.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ty Johnson ultimately didn’t get much run in Detroit when they were desperate for RB, because of pass pro.

Ty Johnson and Josh Adams ate both guys who ate #3 types. Practice squad. Active only if they play on special teams… and both get okay here with the Jets over Lamical Perine.

Wow they must have been hungry. 

• Haha 4

This is simple, the Job at this point in time is just too much for LaFleur and its obvious. That and once again our skill players on Offense Stink. Corey McCarrons is exactly that. Its time this team starts using some draft picks in the first freaking round on Skill players... yes RB and WR.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Icer said:

Thought Ty Johnson had some juice as a RB for the committee approach but if he can't block or chip then he needs to get replaced

That’s my biggest issue with Saleh thus far. The guy seems completely accepting of this garbage. His job is to win games first, develop players second. As a HC in the NFL your record means everything. 

6 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Joe Douglas has had 19 picks in the last two drafts and drafted zero tight ends.   Out huge Fa signing is friggin kroft when other more than decent TEs were on the Fa market.

So this is no 'oh hey! we need TE's moment'  Douglas wasted picks on many guys while ignoring the position.

Most of the top Tes in the league are not in fact 1st rounders but if you do not pick any TE's you are not going to find any.

1 hour ago, KO91 said:

That’s my biggest issue with Saleh thus far. The guy seems completely accepting of this garbage. His job is to win games first, develop players second. As a HC in the NFL your record means everything. 

but he told you all summer this season wasnt about wins its about development. and im sure him and JD arent doing this without Woodys blessing.

12 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Know when TE blocking doesn't matter? When the person over them is more concerned with them slipping by them downfield for a catch. Know when else? When you have the least dynamic RB group in the league. I'm with you, bring up Yeboah and see if he can't help. Development is key this year, so let's get these guys playing. 

You know when else, when the correct players are playing the correct positions.... Davis/Mims outside, Crowder/Moore slot, and having an OL that can block without 2 TE sets...

That's what I want to see from my OC. Start playing the guys in the correct positions.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1