Does the 2021 draft have the potential to be the worst QB heavy draft in league history?

Wit

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Q1:  0-11, 59%, 7 td, 14 int

QB2: 3-13, 56%, 26 td, 28 ints

QB3: 1-6, 48%, 6 td, 9 ints

QB4 4-6, 48%, 7 td, 14 ints

QB5 8-8, but then 2-9, 58% 11 tds 15 ints

All super bowl winners and hof's

Years two and three are far more important and far more of an indicator.

1: young?

2 Peyton

3, 4 no idea

5 Favre?

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Q1:  0-11, 59%, 7 td, 14 ints

QB2: 3-13, 56%, 26 td, 28 ints

QB3: 1-6, 48%, 6 td, 9 ints

QB4 4-6, 48%, 7 td, 14 ints

QB5 8-8, but then 2-9, 58% 11 tds 15 ints

All super bowl winners and hof's

Years two and three are far more important and far more of an indicator.

I imagine one of these quarterbacks is Aikman.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I can't remember the order but they are Aikman, Elway, the manning brothers and brees

2 is deff Peyton cuz of the 28 ints.

I thought 4 might be Brees but I really don’t remember him having such a large TD to Int ratio at any point in his career.

I also thought 1 might be Eli but I feel like he had a win in his first couple of starts. 

aikman and elway’s first seasons are a little before my time so understandable that I’d miss them. 

oh well, when I have some time I’ll look them up. This was fun. 

To @Beerfish's point, it's really early yet.

That '99 QB class, touted as being on par with '83 heading into the draft, wasn't off to a lightning start either:

• #1 Couch was meh for a rookie, but really never got any better than meh. Heading into week 10, his 68 passer rating made him the class of this class. He had one outstanding game but, even with that averaged in, after 9 games his numbers were 7 TDs, 6 INTs, and 7 fumbles. It was Cleveland's first year back since Modell turned the last Browns team into the Ravens, though, so whatever decent players they had were all new to each other.
  • #2 McNabb had a damn solid career but was pretty terrible as a rookie, like we'd imagine Hackenberg throwing if given the chance here. By Nov 10th he hadn't yet thrown a TD to his lone pick and 2 fumbles, and his QBR was 43, which coincidentally matched his completion percentage. He took 12 sacks on 63 dropbacks. So, he hardly looked like a borderline HOFer at that point. 
  • #3 Akili Smith... needs no clarification. Ultra-bust taken.
  • #11 Culpepper - was Minnesota's QB3 and never saw the field as a rookie
  • #12 McNown - marginally better than Akili Smith. His lone good showing as a rookie came in December. Also just an a-hole.
  • #50 King - was still on the bench; first start was in December
  • #77 Brock Huard
  • #101 Joe Germaine
  • #131 Aaron Brooks - was pretty good for a bit for New Orleans, but rode the pine as a rookie.
  • #151 Kevin Daft
  • Rd 7 - Michael Bishop, Chris Greisen, Scott Covington

Entering week 10...zero of them looked like they were destined for greatness either. None of them looked even decent, really.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty much this.  NFL fans were spoiled by how well Herbert and Burrow played out of the gates.  That is not at all typical.  

And it bears repeating that a lot of great QBs either:

1) Had poor or mediocre rookie seasons

OR

2) Didn’t play at all in their rookie years 

Now, this is not to say that, if a QB sucks during his rookie year, he is likely to turn it around. Most QBs just continue to suck. But everyone deserves more than 1 season to prove that they don’t suck.