Jump to content

Zuniga showing signs of life


Recommended Posts

We've sucked for 11+ years now.  It's completely acceptable to be impatient in every regard when it comes to this team.

That said, I'm excited with our rookies this year...and still holding out hope for Bechton, Mims from last year.  Hall has been very good.

If this team wasn't so inconsistent week to week it would also be a bit easier to watch and enjoy.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, undertow said:

Gotta love the people who still think players like Zuniga and Perine are still gonna be good and also at the same time think of themselves as being the intelligent fans. lol

How many people have said Zuniga is going to be good?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I honestly suck at watching football. Must learn to not close my eyes while taking bites of food. 

And it's not like the Jets have been enticing us to pay close attention anyway.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

This is good news. Way too much criticism immediately with our rookies.  Development of players takes time. I can understand why fans are impatient but its just not realistic to think that most/all draft picks are going to be successful immediately.  

I think rookies can be successful. Look at Mac Jones. BUT, to be successful, rookie or veteran, you need an established program to plug your talent into. Take, for example Cee Dee Lamb. He's got great talent. And he is thriving in Dallas. I have no confidence that he would be thriving at the same rate with other teams that don't have the complete offense--OL, RB, other WRs, QB--that Dallas has. 

And it is this lack of continuity that is what makes building a team from scratch, like the Jets are, with mostly young players all learning how to play together. And that is why I give Zack Wilson and the entire team all the benefit of the doubt. It's not easy building from scratch.

And they are showing some signs. At least becoming watchable. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

If Perrine was mentioned here, I missed it. And the OP simply stated Zuniga is improving from being lost, not that he's "gonna be good." Talk about setting up straw men...

Most of the draft are backups. You hope to get two starters out of any class. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Fans, including myself, have unrealistic expectations from young players. It takes time to develop.

In fairness, he was waived by the team, so any improvements he's showing, the team wasn't counting on either.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It takes UF players a few years to shake off the effects of campus-sourced STDs, shwag weed addiction, swamp gas, and functional illiteracy.

In short: Florida man syndrome 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It takes UF players a few years to shake off the effects of campus-sourced STDs, shwag weed addiction, swamp gas, and functional illiteracy.

But once that's all out of the way...LOOK OUT!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

We've sucked for 11+ years now.  It's completely acceptable to be impatient in every regard when it comes to this team.

That said, I'm excited with our rookies this year...and still holding out hope for Bechton, Mims from last year.  Hall has been very good.

If this team wasn't so inconsistent week to week it would also be a bit easier to watch and enjoy.

Just because we've sucked for so long doesn't mean young players don't take time to develop. Impatience is misplaced on these young guys. It's not their fault the other guys didn't develop. It's more about the fan than the player in this case.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Played what I thought was his best game as a pro this week.  Nothing flashy but looked comfortable, came close to a couple of splash plays.

Nothing to write home about, but every time I've focused on him extensively in the past, he looks completely lost or overmatched.

Snails pace, but moving in the right direction.

@GREENBEAN

It's hard to develop fast from the trainer's table.

I'm not expecting much until he can string together a dozen games or so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unathletic, slow Lorenzo Mauldin had 6.5 sacks in his two years for the jets.  Zuniga has 1, he is a pass rusher.

You have to show something really good early in your career in some position groups.  As a pass rusher you have to show something zunbia hasn't.  He got passed by huff and will be passed by other layers next year.

Gonzo alonzo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

If Perrine was mentioned here, I missed it. And the OP simply stated Zuniga is improving from being lost, not that he's "gonna be good." Talk about setting up straw men...

Zuniga has been playing like a straw man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, AFJF said:

Played what I thought was his best game as a pro this week.  Nothing flashy but looked comfortable, came close to a couple of splash plays.

Nothing to write home about, but every time I've focused on him extensively in the past, he looks completely lost or overmatched.

Snails pace, but moving in the right direction.

@GREENBEAN

progress is progress right?  Ya know if its really just his injuries that frighten me.  I have almost zero concern that he will develop into a nice player. Maybe not a premier PR but I think he will be a solid rotational piece with upside to do more if he can shake the injury thing.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

progress is progress right?  Ya know if its really just his injuries that frighten me.  I have almost zero concern that he will develop into a nice player. Maybe not a premier PR but I think he will be a solid rotational piece with upside to do more if he can shake the injury thing.  

 

Having assumed he'd be gone after this season I'd be thrilled if he's a solid rotational guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, jetstream23 said:

 

I love the "close but no cigar" reasoning to believe in players.  Stephen Hill came close to a few splash plays at WR that could have gotten him to a 1,500 yard receiving season.

 

So Close Reaction GIF by Travis

It's a commentary on progress.  Not sure why players improving is viewed as a negative but here we are.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...