Cowboys Insider Expects Team To Cut Amari Cooper And DeMarcus Lawrence This Offseason

jackhuntr

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t give two wet sh*ts about Lawrence, but I’d take Cooper in a heartbeat.

No, he isn’t an “elite” #1, but he’s still only 27, has been one of the better route runners since he entered the league and is good for 1100 yards and 6-8 TD’s a season.

I have a better chance of Scarlett Johansson parking her ass on my face tonight than the Jets signing Davante Adams. People need to let that pipe dream die a quick death.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just to be clear:

I am pulling for you in the Scarlett Johansson ass thing.  NOT because I want to improve our chances at getting Davante Adams, but more because....well:

Hot Pictures Of Scarlett Johansson Will Make Your day | Life Is Fashion  Beauty Nature

To be fair. 

Scarlett Johansson is gorgeous. 

But what is it with you kids eating a*ss.  

It’s got sh*t in it. 

3 inches north just across the taint and you’ve got nirvana. 

Honest question.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There’s got to be room to spend millions on this addition to our OL:

gelsportcool48h3oz.jpg

and a little in the secondary

f71a4474aafb4affca630b35d63292d4.jpg

Plus before the draft it’d be good to grab a tight end like this

15113785.jpeg

So no, I don’t think we can’t fit all these celeries

celery_custom-f77a18ccad839316bdd9e4df3f

I knew as soon as I mentioned nerds and salaries that it would be your Bat Signal. 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Cooper is not your super flashy, freakish athlete at WR.  He’s a tactician who makes catches and can be counted on to be where he’s supposed to be.

Sounds like the exact type of guy a young QB could use.

He's also going want a Brinks Truck worth of money. You meet his demands and you will have the rest of the players on their first contract demanding the moon.

Both of these players are the type of players a teams signs when they are one or two players away from a Super Bowl Run. Believe me the Jets aren't yet.

As to the Jets and the Wide Receiver position. They have Starting WR Money tied up in Corey Davis so he will be one starting Wide Receiver. The Jets have also invested a great deal in Elijah Moore so he will be the second WR on opening day. Keelan Cole has only been with the Jets for 1 Season. He did show a flash catching a TD against Buffalo in the final game of the season. He and Berrios will split Slot Receiver and Back Up Receiver Duties. Denzel Mims no longer has any trade value so the Jets will keep him around for one more season to see if there is anything left to salvage before he is cut outright. Crowder will be cut and I expect he will be replaced with a Rookie drafted on Day 2 or 3. I expect the Jets to load up on Tight-ends taking 2 in the draft and sign one in Free Agency. That is where the big upgrade will take place.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets will be in the playoffs next year, Seattle will not.

It depends how Wilson plays. We watched Darnold finish strong for 2 years just to regress the next. For the better part of the year Wilson was bad. If he starts off strong, it will be a forst for this team in a very long time. I'm not even going to mention the defense. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Draft picks, cap space, young roster, who says the better destination is clearly Seattle?  

It comes down to money.  Know why?  No one knows if Seattle or the Jets will be the better destination on Feb 8th.   R Wilson gets traded and Carrol steps down, thats how fast it can change.  Its football

There is no way Wilson will be traded unless he forces his way out . That is a bunch of BS the media cooked up. When was the last time a top 5 QB was traded to another team. That said Wilson alone makes that team a better situation. And at this point, the team moving on from Carroll is a positive.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is no way Wilson will be traded unless he forces his way out . That is a bunch of BS the media cooked up. When was the last time a top 5 QB was traded to another team. That said Wilson alone makes that team a better situation. And at this point, the team moving on from Carroll is a positive.

Wilson wanting out isnt a media creation.  He wants out, whether they allow it is the question.  But he isnt the unquestioned star ike back in the day.  Add in hes not as good as he thinks, hes a very good QB but not an elite QB and certainly not a top 5, especially at this point.  Hes not Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, J Allan, Stafford, Prescott or Lamar Jackson.  He's a good top 10.  

And they didnt make the playoffs this year.  Theres nothing that says playoffs, in that division, next year either

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wilson wanting out isnt a media creation.  He wants out, whether they allow it is the question.  But he isnt the unquestioned star ike back in the day.  Add in hes not as good as he thinks, hes a very good QB but not an elite QB and certainly not a top 5, especially at this point.  Hes not Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers, J Allan, Stafford, Prescott or Lamar Jackson.  He's a good top 10.  

And they didnt make the playoffs this year.  Theres nothing that says playoffs, in that division, next year either

If you are going by last season and the one before, it isn't  Wilson's fault the team didn't  do better. Last season he was injured and wasn't  the same when he came back, the year before he was basically  the sole reason the team made the playoffs. If Seattle had any resemblance  of a good OL, he is in the conversation for the best the NFL has. He is accurate, he is a great decision maker, he makes other players on the field better, and he can kill you with his legs. Wilson is a game changing QB. 

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t give two wet sh*ts about Lawrence, but I’d take Cooper in a heartbeat.

No, he isn’t an “elite” #1, but he’s still only 27, has been one of the better route runners since he entered the league and is good for 1100 yards and 6-8 TD’s a season.

I have a better chance of Scarlett Johansson parking her ass on my face tonight than the Jets signing Davante Adams. People need to let that pipe dream die a quick death.

Been preaching Cooper even if you have to trade for him for his full contract. I don't think we'd have a shot at him on the open market.

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just to be clear:

I am pulling for you in the Scarlett Johansson ass thing.  NOT because I want to improve our chances at getting Davante Adams, but more because....well:

Hot Pictures Of Scarlett Johansson Will Make Your day | Life Is Fashion  Beauty Nature

Unfortunately, it looks like Scar's decline has started and that it is going to be a rapid descent from what was one of the highest peaks of all time. She must have known it was coming too, as she married Colin Jost. Doesn't that give you hope on the face sitting dream? Obviously she'll do just about anyone.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like spending over one fifth of the salary cap on Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, and Braxton Berrios would be suboptimal. 

I feel ya but ask yourself this, are there players on our roster we should be extending or are there more impactful players that would sign here that this deal would prevent?

I think benefit of Cooper will help us more in the long run than the money saved by going another direction. Realistically you'd be giving him a new contract that is lower anyway.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What does this even mean? When was the last time the Jets signed a prolific WR like Amari Cooper in free agency?

Braylon edwards, santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Eric decker

All had a very positive short term impact and propelled us to winning seasons.

I’m all for Cooper, especially if no draft capital is given up for him.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:
12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:
Good thing Joe Douglas will have 0 interest in either guy.

Whats wrong with cooper ? He will be just 28 next year ... $$$?

Hes been jettison by 2 teams now.  There is a reason for that.  We are drafting the best receiver in the draft at 10 who will most likely be much better then Cooper.

Jet fans need to realize why Joe D accumulated these picks.  Thats how we are building this team.  We are not giving big money to a guy whos looking for his 3rd team before hes 30.  

Ive said it many times.  Jet fans hate Mike McCagnan but want Joe Douglas to do the exact same thing McCagnan did.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

And that is exactly what Joe Douglas is not looking to do.  There is no "Short Term" plans for us anymore.  Every move being made is to make sure this Jets team is built the right way on the field, cap wise etc.  

Another thing Jet fans love.  To get 10 wins in one season, then followed by 8 years of losing.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Jets traded for all those guys except Decker. Who is not nearly as good as Cooper. And yes, like you said all those guys did very well here

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It means that the Jets signing an older WR on the downside of his career, who was famous for what he did somewhere else, and vastly overpaying for it to the cheers of Jets Fans whose primary reason for liking the move is "I've heard of that guy!" would be a very Jetsy move. 

The only more Jetsy move would be overpaying for OBJ.

It's a moot point IMO, because I do not believe fopr a second that JD is going to sign Cooper or anyone like Cooper this offseason.

Cooper is only 27 years old, so he’s not an “older” player on the downside of his career. I think the Bills are happy when they traded for a 27 year old Stefan Diggs last year. Jets need to get Zach a veteran WR. They can’t rely on the rookies in this class who aren’t any good 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cooper is only 27 years old, so he’s not an “older” player on the downside of his career.

Agree to disagree, he's clearly lost a step as a player.

I think the Bills are happy when they traded for a 27 year old Stefan Diggs last year.

We're not the Bills.

Jets need to get Zach a veteran WR. They can’t rely on the rookies in this class who aren’t any good 

Perhaps.  We'll see what JD thinks.  Spending big money on an Amari Cooper most certainly isn't "a rebuild like we've never seen before" and "doing it right" as JD sees things.  The Draft is the all of that.

But perhaps JD is in fact feeling some real heat for how bad we've been so far in his tenure, and decides he has to spend big money for older Vets to help save his regime.  We'll see.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It means that the Jets signing an older WR on the downside of his career, who was famous for what he did somewhere else, and vastly overpaying for it to the cheers of Jets Fans whose primary reason for liking the move is "I've heard of that guy!" would be a very Jetsy move. 

The only more Jetsy move would be overpaying for OBJ.

It's a moot point IMO, because I do not believe fopr a second that JD is going to sign Cooper or anyone like Cooper this offseason.

He better not, and I'll leave it at that. 

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Well there goes the Schultz fantasy

It wouldn't help, but it also goes to show how bad off the Cowboys are financially. Simply letting those 2 guys go won't let the Cowboys just spend freely. It just gets them out of cap hell. Whether they want to re-enter cap hell and give Schultz a big contract or franchise tag him is a different story. 

I've said this in other threads, but I think the Cowboys also like Blake Jarwin who is under contract for a couple more years at a much cheaper cost. 

• Upvote 1