Potential Big Trade

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

DK Metcalf makes sense. He’s still on his rookie deal. Gives us a lot of flexibility with how to structure his extension.

What’s seattle’s asking price? What are y’all ready to give up in that trade? 

Why would they even consider trading DK?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

JD himself and reports have indicated he is willing and searching for a way to help this team with an established player. 

Connor has been doing well this FA with his assessments and I tend to agree - JD could make a big move at some point soon or before the draft. 

So I looked for players that could be on the block that are young, ascending, play a vital position in this scheme, AND on a team that isn’t trying to go for it right now. 

i was left with 4 players 

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

Chase Young likely is not realistically on the trading block but they would prob take a ransom for him - I put him there cuz he’s a maybe.

I also wouldn’t see Waller on the trading block either cuz Raiders prob think they can still win although they likely won’t/cant. But who knows - they might clean house a little with new coach/GM 

Jefferson fit my criteria but I personally don’t see Vikes wanting to part with him - but possible. 

DK Metcalf is probably the most likely target that fits the criteria and also is on a team that is willing to part ways. 

I think JD wants to give Zach help right now - and this does that for him. It would also really allow JD to just go full throttle on Defense in the draft. 

Did any miss anyone who fit the criteria?

None of these players outside of Metcalf fits the criteria and I don’t think Seattle would trade with us for their own pick back.  The optics would be brutal for them.

Minnesota and LV are absolutely going for it.  Look at the players they signed. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why would they even consider trading DK?

Oh I meant it makes sense for us.

I have no idea why DK is on the trading block. But him being traded has been discussed for a couple of weeks now.

Edit: looks like he’s no longer on the market after the Wilson trade.

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If he ever comes back, he's going to have dozens of these type posts in his notifications.  Would absolutely love to read his painstaking retorts wherein he asserts and affirms his heterosexuality to each and every post.

It will start something like “I’ve been watching, and I saw what all you dudes and dudettes…”

The best part would be  just knowing as soon as he’s back, he and @Jet Nut would get into a 20 post back and forth argument that ends with both putting each other on ignore for an hour.

• Haha 4

Spreading out the cap hits to future years just makes sense because the cap keeps jumping higher and presumably one day we're going to try and play the compensatory draft pick game. Plus we avoided long-term contracts that bleeds into the timeframe of a second contract for Zach Wilson if he ends up being a franchise QB, which is when cap hell remotely starts being a thing.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think this is just more Joe being joe and building the right way, keeping his options open, he doesn't have any BIG FA guy he brought in yet, he is still trying to build us to decent talent level and stabilize us with a good roster. But doing these smart shopping acquisitions and adding guys, he knows one might pop off or he might have an op come up. I am thinking not so much a big trade which i agree is possible - DK - but I think he is thinking Lawson but be his guy....anyway I simply think that he did do it deliberately to give him the option not necessarily for this year, but just any time and wants the ability to make a push on someone if needed. 

Smart GM, Smart roster building.  I actually do not want us to get DK , I rather we draft our own number 1 that start paying someone elses. Not saying it is a bad move, but I just think it might be better move if there think they can draft their own DK and those cheap years.

Only issue is Jets right now want experienced skill players for Wilson like they got the 2 TEs for. At WR Moore is young and Corey Davis is not causing D Coordinators to stay up late to game plan for him. WRs like Chase, DK, DAdams, etc. do that, and while they do not grow on trees, its rare they get that way in their 1st year transition from college to the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

every year there's always a couple of big trades that the jets apparently don't participate in.  but just because they don't doesn't necessarily mean they didn't try and there are lots of reasons why trades occur and don't occur.  maybe there is something in the works.  there are going to rumors like this up to training camp and beyond.  and if it is a big trade you can bet the talking heads aren't in on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

JD himself and reports have indicated he is willing and searching for a way to help this team with an established player. 

Connor has been doing well this FA with his assessments and I tend to agree - JD could make a big move at some point soon or before the draft. 

So I looked for players that could be on the block that are young, ascending, play a vital position in this scheme, AND on a team that isn’t trying to go for it right now. 

i was left with 4 players 

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

Chase Young likely is not realistically on the trading block but they would prob take a ransom for him - I put him there cuz he’s a maybe.

I also wouldn’t see Waller on the trading block either cuz Raiders prob think they can still win although they likely won’t/cant. But who knows - they might clean house a little with new coach/GM 

Jefferson fit my criteria but I personally don’t see Vikes wanting to part with him - but possible. 

DK Metcalf is probably the most likely target that fits the criteria and also is on a team that is willing to part ways. 

I think JD wants to give Zach help right now - and this does that for him. It would also really allow JD to just go full throttle on Defense in the draft. 

Did any miss anyone who fit the criteria?

Danielle Hunter

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Only issue is Jets right now want experienced skill players for Wilson like they got the 2 TEs for. At WR Moore is young and Corey Davis is not causing D Coordinators to stay up late to game plan for him. WRs like Chase, DK, DAdams, etc. do that, and while they do not grow on trees, its rare they get that way in their 1st year transition from college to the NFL. 

its a good place to be where we are, Im with you. Idk if there is a chase guy in this years draft according to what people are saying, but the reality is those guys don't know sh*t. Any of these top drafted WRs could be, and with the TE's we picked up , the scheme we have, any rook WR that is decent should complement and be enough for our offensive game plan. It is going to run baby run and Corey Davis although not a world beater last year, should reasonably be better minus injury and much better off around him. Just like Def , adding the TE's has multiple effects, allowing us to ruin the position group we want and opening up run game and pass game a lot for us. It wont be Davis double covered, between him and Moore I think the offense if going to take off from last year. Maybe not top 10, but I do think average or better. 

Wilson should be throwing 250-300 a game ideally and maybe not every game i think more than half and that without adding a big WR stud. 

Moore is short but dude is outside WR. All our guys if healthy and on the field at the same time should be great. Miek White esk games from last year, 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is a zero.zero zero chance the vikings deal jefferson and almost no chance the raiders deal waller.

The other two guys maybe just maybe due to injury and suspect attitude.

You think that it is more likely that Chase Young gets moved than Waller?  At least Waller is a suspension risk.  I don't see where these names came from.  It seemed like DK Metcalf and some names pulled out of a hat.  At least there was some talk about the Seahawks cleaning house and their WRs staging a mutiny.  You'd be better off just looking at the 2019 draft and seeing who you like.  Those guys are all (outside of the 1st round) in the last year of their deals.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It will start something like “I’ve been watching, and I saw what all you dudes and dudettes…”

The best part would be  just knowing as soon as he’s back, he and @Jet Nut would get into a 20 post back and forth argument that ends with both putting each other on ignore for an hour.

Yeah, from forums role model.  I don’t put people on ignore, you could be my first.  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I forecasted this in my WR after rnd 1 thread. 

• We were prepared to go hard after M. Williams and or Calvin Ridley
  • We didn't like Cooper Contract/situation
  • I don't think they see #10 pick is a viable solution

So that "Desire" or perceived "Need" didn't disappear. Joe "Frugal" Douglas was gonna *pop* a rubber band on a roll. So a trade is definitely a possible... 

• Yes? Hollywood Brown...on his way out, not "big" like Williams, but we signed 2 tall TEs and Brown is a homerun hitter
  • No. DK Metcalf... won't happen. $$ + he's the opposite of the culture guy Joe covets. Ego Maniac on the horizon. 
  • Yes? DJ Moore... I hear he's available. He's again someone that fits the mold outside of what we're looking for. 
  • Yes? Brandon Aiyuk... Dunno what happened last year but he was uber productive w/ LaFleur in his rookie year.

Anyone else would be Dline/defensive, unless DEN with contracts to Tim Patrick and Sutton wanted to recoup a 2nd/3rd for Jeudy given all the capital they paid for Russell Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think that it is more likely that Chase Young gets moved than Waller?  At least Waller is a suspension risk.  I don't see where these names came from.  It seemed like DK Metcalf and some names pulled out of a hat.  At least there was some talk about the Seahawks cleaning house and their WRs staging a mutiny.  You'd be better off just looking at the 2019 draft and seeing who you like.  Those guys are all (outside of the 1st round) in the last year of their deals.

Yes, Young was playing badly before he got hurt last year.  Waller is still a totally premium play maker.  I do not think it likely Young gets dealt, but he is more likely than Waller imo.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I forecasted this in my WR after rnd 1 thread. 

• We were prepared to go hard after M. Williams and or Calvin Ridley
  • We didn't like Cooper Contract/situation
  • I don't think they see #10 pick is a viable solution

So that "Desire" or perceived "Need" didn't disappear. Joe "Frugal" Douglas was gonna *pop* a rubber band on a roll. So a trade is definitely a possible... 

• Yes? Hollywood Brown...on his way out, not "big" like Williams, but we signed 2 tall TEs and Brown is a homerun hitter
  • No. DK Metcalf... won't happen. $$ + he's the opposite of the culture guy Joe covets. Ego Maniac on the horizon. 
  • Yes? DJ Moore... I hear he's available. He's again someone that fits the mold outside of what we're looking for. 
  • Yes? Brandon Aiyuk... Dunno what happened last year but he was uber productive w/ LaFleur in his rookie year.

Anyone else would be Dline/defensive, unless DEN with contracts to Tim Patrick and Sutton wanted to recoup a 2nd/3rd for Jeudy given all the capital they paid for Russell Wilson. 

Hollywood brown?  Yuck.  I'd rather draft a WR

Moore I'd be very happy to get.  Aiyuk....meh

I agree totally about Metcalf, beast of a player but has exhibited screw loose behavior.

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have no idea but if they don't land Watson, maybe?

Seems like they're in rebuilding mode. If Wilson can be traded anyone can.

Yeah, I guess the only way I see it is if DK requests a trade (I guess he could!).  And then I would expect a bidding war. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Stop with this.

We’re not making any big time moves. Maybe a pass rusher comes in like Jones but any dreams of Adams are just ridiculous. It isn’t happening and he’s going to sign an extension.

I think we’ve made all the big moves we’re going to make. On to the draft.

I agree, an extension? Maybe 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Hollywood brown?  Yuck.  I'd rather draft a WR

Moore I'd be very happy to get.  Aiyuk....meh

I agree totally about Metcalf, beast of a player but has exhibited screw loose behavior.

Brown is the real deal.... And lot of untapped potential in Aiyuk. 

I would love to see the Jets add Melvin Gordon or Sony Michel. Gordon you can give a one year deal as insurance incase Carter gets the Sophomore jinx but Michel I would sign for like 3 years 12 Million. For the big splash, it would be Fournette but I doudt he doesn't  resign with the Bucks, especially  with Brady coming back.