Potential Big Trade

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Under normal circumstances I would agree..But this off-season, everything Connor Hughes has said has pretty much happened...

He's been right every step of the way...Cimini and DJ have been throwing darts....

The Ridley screw up still bums me out - he said the Jets were going after him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Under normal circumstances I would agree..But this off-season, everything Connor Hughes has said has pretty much happened...

He's been right every step of the way...Cimini and DJ have been throwing darts....

Hughes hasn’t said we’re signing anyone. In fact he’s explicitly said he expects that the big deals are done. He says the space is there if an opportunity presents itself but that doesn’t mean we’re for sure going to after someone big.

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hughes hasn’t said we’re signing anyone. In fact he’s explicitly said he expects that the big deals are done. He says the space is there if an opportunity presents itself but that doesn’t mean we’re for sure going to after someone big.

Sorry, for whatever reason I can share this tweet:

This was written right after the lots of caps space tweet.

I do believe a trade is coming. Joe Douglas talked far too much about that to not strike one. Think you see that closer to the draft, tho

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do believe a trade is coming. Joe Douglas talked far too much about that to not strike one. Think you see that closer to the draft, tho <a href="https://t.co/PBehcr94b9">https://t.co/PBehcr94b9</a></p>&mdash; Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) <a href="https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1504454504573505539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sorry, for whatever reason I can share this tweet:

_xjRsPT6_normal.jpg

I do believe a trade is coming. Joe Douglas talked far too much about that to not strike one. Think you see that closer to the draft, tho

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I do believe a trade is coming. Joe Douglas talked far too much about that to not strike one. Think you see that closer to the draft, tho <a href="https://t.co/PBehcr94b9">https://t.co/PBehcr94b9</a></p>&mdash; Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) <a href="https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1504454504573505539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh fair enough. I missed that.

Interesting. Certainly gives us something to look out for.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

why would the ravens or browns, two legit contenders, trade one of their top WRs?  neither team is exactly stocked in the position

well one plays for the 49ers and was in the doghouse after LaFleur left. So that one is straight forward. 

Brown and BAL are on the way to a divorce... and while out of the conference is ideal, it's not like you're trying to trade away jerry rice and want to make sure he lands in another dimension. I think DJ at worst, is playing somewhere else in 2023. The question is, are they so in win-now mode that they pass on a chance to get some draft capital on his last year?

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

well one plays for the 49ers and was in the doghouse after LaFleur left. So that one is straight forward. 

Brown and BAL are on the way to a divorce... and while out of the conference is ideal, it's not like you're trying to trade away jerry rice and want to make sure he lands in another dimension. I think DJ at worst, is playing somewhere else in 2023. The question is, are they so in win-now mode that they pass on a chance to get some draft capital on his last year?

i'm not sure if aiyuk is in the doghouse.  he was a pretty key player for them down the stretch (big game vs rams in finale and pretty solid playoff run) and if they are breaking in a new QB, they need all the weapons they can get.  they have deebo, kittle, and???

can't say whether the ravens and brown are headed to divorce (m brown can be frustrating...i had him on my fantasy team this year), but ravens clearly are a win now team and outside of bateman, have a pretty weak WR corps.  ravens also are usually content to let a player walk and recoup comp picks, so if they don't pick up brown's 5th year, that's probably the route they will go (unless you are offering a 3rd or better for a guy in the last year of his contract).

I honestly believe GB is vulnerable to losing Davonte Adams. He’s worth 2 first rounders and the contract it would take. He’s the best receiver in the league. You put him on this team and with the exception of QB we are probably the best offense in the league right now. If Zach can’t put up30 a game with that offense then he’s obviously not good enough. Give up this years and next years 1st. Trade down at 10 to one of the QB needy teams and net a 1st next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm not sure if aiyuk is in the doghouse.  he was a pretty key player for them down the stretch (big game vs rams in finale and pretty solid playoff run) and if they are breaking in a new QB, they need all the weapons they can get.  they have deebo, kittle, and???

can't say whether the ravens and brown are headed to divorce (m brown can be frustrating...i had him on my fantasy team this year), but ravens clearly are a win now team and outside of bateman, have a pretty weak WR corps.  ravens also are usually content to let a player walk and recoup comp picks, so if they don't pick up brown's 5th year, that's probably the route they will go (unless you are offering a 3rd or better for a guy in the last year of his contract).

The Ravens picked up Brown's option well over a month ago.  He is their best receiver and is supposedly best friend's with Jackson.  I'm not sure who started floating the idea he was getting moved.

I'm sure they'd be glad to move Miles Boykin, but he's a stiff.

6 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

JD himself and reports have indicated he is willing and searching for a way to help this team with an established player. 

Connor has been doing well this FA with his assessments and I tend to agree - JD could make a big move at some point soon or before the draft. 

So I looked for players that could be on the block that are young, ascending, play a vital position in this scheme, AND on a team that isn’t trying to go for it right now. 

i was left with 4 players 

DK Metcalf

Chase Young

Darren Waller 

Justin Jefferson 

Chase Young likely is not realistically on the trading block but they would prob take a ransom for him - I put him there cuz he’s a maybe.

I also wouldn’t see Waller on the trading block either cuz Raiders prob think they can still win although they likely won’t/cant. But who knows - they might clean house a little with new coach/GM 

Jefferson fit my criteria but I personally don’t see Vikes wanting to part with him - but possible. 

DK Metcalf is probably the most likely target that fits the criteria and also is on a team that is willing to part ways. 

I think JD wants to give Zach help right now - and this does that for him. It would also really allow JD to just go full throttle on Defense in the draft. 

Did any miss anyone who fit the criteria?

Ok JD trades a #1 for Metcalf but Seahawks insist we take back Adams and his contract. JD approves the trade and on the same day….CUTS Adams. Screw that loser. 

• Haha 1

After consulting with my consultants, and consider what Joe was prepared to pay Mike and Calvin — there’s a trade coming. 

Aiyuk, Jeudy or Moore. I’d say Hollywood too but not sure the Locke room fit. 

Jeudy tho. Or Aiyuk… my god. So much self pleasuring if it came to be. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

After consulting with my consultants, and consider what Joe was prepared to pay Mike and Calvin — there’s a trade coming. 

Aiyuk, Jeudy or Moore. I’d say Hollywood too but not sure the Locke room fit. 

Jeudy tho. Or Aiyuk… my god. So much self pleasuring if it came to be. 

I haven’t seen much on those guys being on the block. But would love if we landed one