Player(s) you're most excited to see this training camp?

Every year around this time I latch onto someone that I can not wait to see in camp.  Either a rookie or a young guy hoping to take the next step.  It was Sam for three straight years for me and Zach last year.  

I was going over the roster and was amazed that there's a dozen players just on the offense now that I CAN'T WAIT to see on the field.  That's a testament to JD and a reality that this roster has been pitiful for a long time.  One of the things I found interesting is the mass influx of talent over the past two season.  

Zach- next step?

Carter- build on last year?

Hall- superman? 

Moore- is he AB or just a nice piece? 

Wilson- rookie crush 

Mims (still hopeful)

Ruckert- hometown kid

Becton- bounce back? 

AVT- Pro Bowl?

Barrios- was last season a fluke or just the beginning? 

Davis- pressures off, can he bounce back? 

Both new TE's and their roles 

The defense is just as interesting now.  

Who are you jacked up the most to see and why? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The mindboggling thing about this is we had GMs who never understood that you have to score points in this league to win.  I cant understand what these guys talked about all day long.  There was zero vision over the last 15 years on scoring points.

We finally have a gm/coach who realize that if you cant score, you can win.

This offense is loaded with talent and explosive players.  I am excited to watch every one of them.

The explosiveness is a huge factor. Hard to consistently piece together 10+ play drives, especially when defenses can be extra aggressive at all levels of the field because they aren’t worried about the big play.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, derp said:

The explosiveness is a huge factor. Hard to consistently piece together 10+ play drives, especially when defenses can be extra aggressive at all levels of the field because they aren’t worried about the big play.

Can't have 9 guys in the box anymore like Sam faced his first three years here. 

We can go over the top with 4 different receivers now.  

If Zach can keep the defense honest, the run game is going to feast. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Can't have 9 guys in the box anymore like Sam faced his first three years here. 

We can go over the top with 4 different receivers now.  

If Zach can keep the defense honest, the run game is going to feast. 

Hall was a huge piece IMO after they added Tomlinson. Between him and Carter they can have a dangerous back on the field at all times behind a solid run blocking OL, plus they both can catch out of the backfield, and Hall adds a home run element in the run game.

Possible that the run game is good enough they can play the passing game off that, take a little pressure off of Wilson and the young receivers. Let the passing game evolve and become more dangerous over the course of the season. Would make it harder to pick on tendencies and stuff as the year evolves too. 

• Upvote 2

For me, it's Zach again with Hall in a close second.

Zach: regardless of who you wanted to draft last year or how you feel about his demeanor, size, or family's politics, EVERYONE wants him to become what we haven't had in a very long time:  Franchise QB1.  

His work ethic, attitude, apparent film rat tendencies, and God given talent has me believing we finally have the right guy.  

I don't think having a winning team solely relies on him.  This roster is good enough and the system has proven to be successful with less than great quarterbacks.  But over taking the Bills and winning it all does rely on him reaching his vast potential.  

Hall:  We haven't had a back like this since, well a really long time.  He's more naturally talented than Martin and McNeil.  Hopefully he works as hard as Curtis and has at least half his heart.    

@Irish Jet mentioned it earlier and I agree that I see a lot of Leveon Bell in him.  Maybe not in his running style, but definitely in his size, build, and especially watching him as a pass catcher.  He looks like Bell as a route runner and catching the ball.  Obviously he has a lot more speed.  I truly CAN'T WAIT to watch this kid and Carter put up 150+ yards on the ground every week wearing down defenses and allowing Zach to hit some one on one deep shots.  

Let's Go!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Every year around this time I latch onto someone that I can not wait to see in camp.  Either a rookie or a young guy hoping to take the next step.  It was Sam for three straight years for me and Zach last year.  

I was going over the roster and was amazed that there's a dozen players just on the offense now that I CAN'T WAIT to see on the field.  That's a testament to JD and a reality that this roster has been pitiful for a long time.  One of the things I found interesting is the mass influx of talent over the past two season.  

Zach- next step?

Carter- build on last year?

Hall- superman? 

Moore- is he AB or just a nice piece? 

Wilson- rookie crush 

Mims (still hopeful)

Ruckert- hometown kid

Becton- bounce back? 

AVT- Pro Bowl?

Barrios- was last season a fluke or just the beginning? 

Davis- pressures off, can he bounce back? 

Both new TE's and their roles 

The defense is just as interesting now.  

Who are you jacked up the most to see and why? 

719EA137-9FA8-4F23-80E6-0A9D930EA67D.webp

I'll be really excited to not see much of the team trainer or doctor. 

But as far as players, while I'm intrigued by Wilson, and want to see Moore with another year, and how Zach is with both, the running back Hall. I think he's got the potential to be special. There's an it factor there, to me. 

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see Becton at camp, and Lawson (Although Becton probably isn't that excited for Lawson to come back)

I'm also excited to see Zach play, especially now that there is more DL pressure that can come onto him

I'm excited to...

You know what? The whole team.

• Upvote 1